PDA

View Full Version : what is it about CAITHNESS you love

donnick
17-Jan-10, 15:36
WHAT is it about caithness that you like or love ....................................I like that i can step out my door and hear the roar of the sea and when on a walk sometimes all i hear is the sky larks then i know its spring.............i love the village i live in very spoil i live in Dunnet

changilass
17-Jan-10, 15:39
It's home ... pure and simple.

golach
17-Jan-10, 15:40
Is my birth place, and my special Orger pals.

joxville
17-Jan-10, 15:52
How friendly and understanding everyone is, it's like just one great, big group hug. ;)

Bartlett Boy
17-Jan-10, 16:18
caithness means differnt things to each and every one but basiclly its the folk i love the calmness the scenary and its home

Blarney
17-Jan-10, 16:26
How friendly and understanding everyone is, it's like just one great, big group hug. ;)
You do sarcasm better than almost anyone else I know[lol]

upolian
17-Jan-10, 16:28
well its certainly not the vandalism,theft's,random assault's,low life little idiots walking around....

its caithness.org obviously:roll:

miller30
17-Jan-10, 17:03
Fresh Air and freedom, well more than u do in a city, good place to bring up your children.

When i have ever been away abroad, city, cant wait to get home till take a deep breath of fresh air.

domino
17-Jan-10, 17:12
Fresh air, scenery, the rock fishing and, of course, the ORG

Sage
17-Jan-10, 17:46
I like the sense of community here :D

Caithness is friendly & welcoming (mostly!) with it's own unique sense of humour!

Catharnach
17-Jan-10, 17:50
I love Caithness because its well away from the rat race and nobody bothers with you, a petfect county.

sandyr1
17-Jan-10, 17:58
The wind and rain, and rain and wind!

Mrs Bucket
17-Jan-10, 18:46

Myabe but it is always funny

Leanne
17-Jan-10, 18:47
The skies!

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-10, 19:17
i love the fact that if you farted in tesco the whole of thurso would know by that night :lol:

Naw joking aside i love it here. The scenery is lovely, i love how quiet it is here compared to the big cities.

Then again i wouldnt mind living in Skye for the same reasons! :Razz

achingale
17-Jan-10, 19:38
The open spaces and beaches do it for me.

Kenn
17-Jan-10, 21:10
The sceenery,vast skies,the warm friendly folk and the quiet.

Stack Rock
17-Jan-10, 21:34
The ever changing sky, sea, weather.
BUT its nice to see settled sunny weather in the summer when we get it.
Give me a hard winter and good summers any day - Ah memories !!!!!!

froal
17-Jan-10, 21:38
Been Born and bred here and Never get bored with the Sceenery or the Weather no other place like it ! :D

Blarney
17-Jan-10, 21:46
Myabe but it is always funny
It was meant as a huge compliment - I generally start laughing in anticipation before I read the content of a Joxpost[lol]

Invisible
17-Jan-10, 21:52

If Carlsberg did sarcasm.

The thing I love about Caithness is its beautiful women, the craic, the fresh clean air mixed with manure, the way people will say hi to you in the street yet you have no idea who they are, the scenery and well basically its home and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-10, 22:25
Shelly, I must remind myself not to stand behind you in the queue at Tesco if your farts smell that bad.:lol:

:eek: i am a lady! I do not fart! Im a burper ;)

cuddlepop
18-Jan-10, 14:21
Lots of space,its just so wild and free the scenery.:)

I do wish there were more trees though.:(

Anji
18-Jan-10, 14:44
The friendly people, the fresh air and the scenery - in that order.

Mrs Bucket
18-Jan-10, 19:47
It was meant as a huge compliment - I generally start laughing in anticipation before I read the content of a Joxpost[lol]
Thats ok then I always make a point of reading his posts gauranteed to be funny.

Sporran
18-Jan-10, 20:07
The scenery - the wide open spaces, beaches, rugged coastline and cliffs. The breath-taking views of Orkney, the dramatic sea and sky. The feeling of 'being away from it all'. The history, and last but not least - the people! :)

northener
18-Jan-10, 22:50
Tescos.

My heart flutters with delight every time I think about it.

Kevin Milkins
18-Jan-10, 23:12
Tescos.

My heart flutters with delight every time I think about it.

I saw you strutting up and down outside Tescos this morning with your phone stuck to your ear, whilst wearing a big smile. Were you putting a bid in.:lol:[lol]

Whitewater
19-Jan-10, 00:13
I love the place, it's home, all my very good friends live here, and it has the org.

cesare
19-Jan-10, 01:54
i love the fact..people smile at your face while talkin behind your back.....or that nothing can be kept secret....or that the truth always grows arms and legs and walks lol....or people are quick to judge when they are no better also in all honesty there opinions mean 0 in the real world [lol] also i love the vast amount of opportunities available.. for the kids the jobs... the abandoned buildings...oh most of all i love how much the council takes and the time they take sorting "things" out

if you cant tell im bein sarcastic........also i have a life...if you feel the need to spellcheck..i suggest you go out more

sweetpea
19-Jan-10, 01:59
i love the fact..people smile at your face while talkin behind your back.....or that nothing can be kept secret....or that the truth always grows arms and legs and walks lol....or people are quick to judge when they are no better also in all honesty there opinions mean 0 in the real world [lol]

That sounds like goldfishbowl syndrome to me.:D

cesare
19-Jan-10, 02:34
That sounds like goldfishbowl syndrome to me.:D

hmm Very doubtful..i live in a council flat not some fishbowl...Even tho thats where the goverment would love to have us..

northener
19-Jan-10, 10:05
Anyway...

Back on Topic:

Scenery, space, decent people, decent attitude, Caithness has the whole shebang.

...if only we had an Asda.....

golach
19-Jan-10, 10:23
...if only we had an Asda.....

Now now Northener, why would you want a place like Asda....the car parks in Asda are dangerous if your related to any gangster family [lol]

Leanne
19-Jan-10, 10:23
The beaches where even in summer there is hardly anyone on them :)

northener
19-Jan-10, 11:45
Now now Northener, why would you want a place like Asda....the car parks in Asda are dangerous if your related to any gangster family [lol]

Statistically you're safer in an Asda car park, I'll have you know.

Only one person has been mown down by gangsters in an Asda car park. You've a higher probability of being mown down by a rogue trolley in the frequent high winds up here in Tescos' car park.
You want to see them go, man!:eek:

annthracks
19-Jan-10, 12:46
i love the fact..people smile at your face while talkin behind your back.....or that nothing can be kept secret....or that the truth always grows arms and legs and walks lol....or people are quick to judge when they are no better also in all honesty there opinions mean 0 in the real world [lol] also i love the vast amount of opportunities available.. for the kids the jobs... the abandoned buildings...oh most of all i love how much the council takes and the time they take sorting "things" out

if you cant tell im bein sarcastic........also i have a life...if you feel the need to spellcheck..i suggest you go out more

as has said before in this thread, "many a true word..."

Leanne
19-Jan-10, 18:49
One thing I love is how people just don't say hello, they ask you how you are too :)

19-Jan-10, 19:30
Due to a number of complaints, this thread has had most of its posts removed.

Please try to show consideration for your fellow orgers.

Cinderella's Shoe
19-Jan-10, 19:38
The beaches where even in summer there is hardly anyone on them :)

That's not unique to Caithness - Sellafield has the same!

Tubthumper
19-Jan-10, 20:30
Due to a number of complaints, this thread has had most of its posts removed. Please try to show consideration for your fellow orgers.
Eh? What happened there?

donnick
19-Jan-10, 20:37
Some people felt the need to be rude to others also moving away from the origial topic :(

joxville
19-Jan-10, 22:15

Being serious, for a change, I like Caithness for the friendly people, a better community spirit, almost zero crime, fresh air and no polluted skies, clear starry skies, and the best forum on the web. :)

ducati
19-Jan-10, 22:24
In addition to the night sky, the seas, the beaches, the wide open spaces the lack of traffic, the peace and tranquillity along with the excitement of boating, surfing etc.
What I like is the speed with which the most innocent posts on .org can descend into paranoia, xenophobia or downright racism.

Anyone reading this now will not know what the hell is going on:eek:

joxville
19-Jan-10, 22:46
In addition to the night sky, the seas, the beaches, the wide open spaces the lack of traffic, the peace and tranquillity along with the excitement of boating, surfing etc.
What I like is the speed with which the most innocent posts on .org can descend into paranoia, xenophobia or downright racism.

Anyone reading this now will not know what the hell is going on:eek:

You're just being paranoid, there's no paranoia on the org. :roll: ;)

ducati
19-Jan-10, 22:49
Who said that???:eek:

crayola
19-Jan-10, 22:58
I like Caithness because it's so safe. The offended brigade are always there to protect us from the mortal dangers of acerbic mordacity. You don't get that in our cities and thank goodness for that.

ducati
19-Jan-10, 23:03
I like Caithness because it's so safe. The offended brigade are always there to protect us from the mortal dangers of acerbic mordacity. You don't get that in our cities and thank goodness for that.

Nope-too clever for me

StacNKel
20-Jan-10, 22:13
i like the fact my children can play outside and be safe. where i am from there was quite often dirty needles left lying outside by parks. Also i like the beaches and the harbours and nearly everything, the people are friendly too.

Rheghead
21-Jan-10, 00:57
I love the optimistic attitude of the people in that they feel part of something which is much bigger than that of their county's borders.

Boozeburglar
21-Jan-10, 13:42
Why so?

The people of Caithness are as much a part of the world as any other people.

David Banks
21-Jan-10, 20:06
Sitting by the Scarfskerry shore, watching the birds navigate the winds, or looking out to the sea between Dunnet Head and Hoy - or - being on Dunnet Head seeing all the lighthouses in the Firth.
Daydreams can carry you a long way.
And I wish there had been an ORG when I lived there.

donnick
21-Jan-10, 20:56
enjoyed reading Ur post u took time to describe Ur true love of Caithness :cool:

compo
21-Jan-10, 21:53
foxes hanging on the fences

barmar62
22-Jan-10, 16:53
Still looking!

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-10, 17:44
The one thing I truly loved was the open sky. Unfortunately this aspect is no longer fully available, and that is a crying shame.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Jan-10, 21:13
What do I love about Caithness?................the humour.Thats why I stayed.[lol][lol]

Vistravi
22-Jan-10, 22:04
I love the view from the top of the hill at dwarick pier. When our child is old enough and we visit my partner's parents in the summer with our child i want to climb that hill with our child and show him/her the view. It is beautiful. I may not want to live in caithness anymore as i have taken a strong liking to life in inverness as the busier pace is much more suited to me but that does not mean that when we visit my partner's parents i enjoy the beauty of caithness and enjoy it when i can. The less chances we get to go up north the more i enjoy and appreciate the views and especilly the beaches. These are the things i want my children to enjoy and appreciate during our visits to see their grandparents.

I love being able to see the stars! I very rarely see the stars now and have only seen it when around the caledonian canal when walking home one night and that was a few months ago now. I love the night sky. It is fascinating.

andrew.bowles30
25-Jan-10, 00:05
i have placed a poem on this site about caithness and what i like and miss now even more than befor wish we had not left lybster:mad:

ducati
25-Jan-10, 17:55
i have placed a poem on this site about caithness and what i like and miss now even more than befor wish we had not left lybster:mad:

Thanks for that Andrew :)

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 00:34
The road to Helmsdale.

The runway in Wick airport

The South Quay head in Wick Bay

My House

My Back garden

Wick Academy

The haddies- best tasting haddies in the world ;)

ClachanHope
26-Jan-10, 17:47
The road to Helmsdale.

The runway in Wick airport

The South Quay head in Wick Bay

My House

My Back garden

Wick Academy

The haddies- best tasting haddies in the world ;)

I'm so glad A.W said this, cos I was going to say that the only thing I liked about Caithness was the road to Helmsdale,:lol: but after seeing that some posts were removed due to being offensive I thought I'd better not.
I'm not being offensive in saying this as I'm a Helmie, and I must like Caithness cos I've moved back to the county after being out of it for about 9yrs.
So to you Golachs, I say the best thing about Caithness is the road to Helmsdale, my home.