PDA

View Full Version : Please read and support!!!

Paul Coburn
26-Feb-04, 15:24
I have a question, no it’s a request more than anything! I’m looking for the support of everyone who reads this and for those of you who care enough about it to pass it on to friends and family so as they too can play a part in it!
The subject is recondition for the amount of effort, time and dedication that Charlie Simpson has put into not only your society but of that of others!
He served the community as a Police Officer which I’m sure in itself was hard enough work at times, but in my view that is a very small drop in the North Sea in comparison for what he has done and doing for The Highland Games! Not only for the preparation leading up to the games but as a player in the games and now as Chieftain. Travelling around the world participating in games. Anyone who knows anything about the games will know Charlie.
Truth is he is one of the most kind, quiet and thought a person you’d ever have the good fortune to meet. Something I’m truly grateful for in my life is being able to call not only Charlie but his family good friends. Though I’m sure that he may well never talk to me again if he hears about this.
I’d love to see some kind of reward for his efforts, and I’m talking about nothing more than he deserves, a mention in the Queens Honours List. I’m not too sure how to go about getting it but I’m one person of a great many who will I’m sure support it. Please add your name by coping and pasting and forward it to anyone you think will help me with this! I’m even going to try and get Prince Charles and Tony Blair on this list. Wish me luck.

1) Paul Coburn Cape Canaveral Fl. USA Born in Glasgow

Anonymous
26-Feb-04, 16:02
I'm not being horrible, but I think there are people who have done a lot more worthy things than be cheiftain of the highland games, travel around the world doing them, owned a chippie, been a police officer etc that deserve a mention in the queens honours than Charlie. :eyes

Paul Coburn
26-Feb-04, 16:42
I know what you are saying! The world has it’s share of good Samaritans, and the fact is they don’t get the recognition they deserve. That in itself is why I’m doing this, it’s not like anyone asked me too. Charlie is a great ambassador for the Caithness community and as such deserves some kind of recognition. If I’m the only one that feels that way then Caithness has changed a great deal and not for the better!!!

embow
26-Feb-04, 23:53
If you want to get someone recognition in Lizzie's lists at birthday time or at the end of the year then get in touch with the Lord Lieutenant. Hurry though, as I'm sure I read that he's about to retire and will be replaced by a lady still to be addressed as LORD!
Protocol can be such nonsense at times. :confused
Speaking of recognition!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/flash.gif

embow
28-Feb-04, 00:02
Further to the posting above---- the new Lord (Lady) Lieutenant is to be Anne Dunnett as of Dunnett & Co Solicitors, Estate Agents etc Wick. Anne is retired out of the practice but it still carries her name as she will doubtlessly still be a partner methinks.