PDA

View Full Version : Pete Docherty

grantyg
01-May-06, 17:55
Is any one else sick of seeing that sniffling little muppet in the press every day for more drug related crimes!
Why havn`t they locked him up and thrown away the key - or better still, he seems to like injecting himself so much why don`t we use him for medical trials! It will save him money something useful will come out of it and it will spare poor wee mice - everyones a winner!

*Granty falls gracefully of his soapbox and exits bashfully stage right!*

willowbankbear
01-May-06, 17:58
How long would he get at Wk sheriff court?
3 weeks? a month?
5months?

Time for a poll Grantyg[lol]

sam
01-May-06, 18:00
How long would he get at Wk sheriff court?
3 weeks? a month?
5months?

Time for a poll Grantyg[lol]

probably 100 hours community service lol[disgust]

obiron
01-May-06, 19:32
Is any one else sick of seeing that sniffling little muppet in the press every day for more drug related crimes!
Why havn`t they locked him up and thrown away the key - or better still, he seems to like injecting himself so much why don`t we use him for medical trials! It will save him money something useful will come out of it and it will spare poor wee mice - everyones a winner!

*Granty falls gracefully of his soapbox and exits bashfully stage right!*

its no just you who gets on thir soapbox. but that guy is a total muppet, what a waste of space. how on earth people voted him as a fanciable male for q [i think it was] awards must need locking up.

Billy Boy
01-May-06, 19:54
a lot of the blame must lie with the press for letting this muppet glorify drug taking, if it wasnt for the publicity surrounding him because he is a celebrity he would probably be doing a long stretch by now.
If it was joe bloggs he certainly would be. unless ofcourse he was tried at wk sheriff court[evil]

gee
01-May-06, 19:54
i agree they should use him for drugs testing, i dont think anyone would see a difference in him though, hes on another planet.

moncur
01-May-06, 19:56
What I dont get is how Mainstream Radio DJ's champion him as one of the UK's greatest up and coming songwriters. He's too out of it to string a sentence together and cant even tune his guitar. His Record company should take some action and sack him. Surely it looks bad for a record company if they sell records made by a complete junky.

jings00
01-May-06, 20:23
well, spose it is up to the public to not buy his music. if no one was buyin it and he wisny makin a profit then i'm sure the record company wouldny be botherin wi him anymore. but i agree, he is just a wee tube.

George Brims
01-May-06, 20:43
I am outraged. Why are all you people insulting the Muppets? Please edit all the above posts. I suggest putting "complete waste of oxygen" in place of "muppet" in each description of this Docherty person.

Marty McFly
01-May-06, 20:51
I am outraged. Why are all you people insulting the Muppets? Please edit all the above posts. I suggest putting "complete waste of oxygen" in place of "muppet" in each description of this Docherty person.

Quite right, Kermit! [lol]

Billy Boy
01-May-06, 20:53

My sincere appologies to Animal, Miss Piggy, Kermit & all the other's, I honestly didnt mean to drag their good names into the gutter with that low life waste of space ( and good food) Pete Docherty:roll:
Our humble appologies Mr & Mrs Billy Boy :roll:

fred
01-May-06, 21:33
What I dont get is how Mainstream Radio DJ's champion him as one of the UK's greatest up and coming songwriters. He's too out of it to string a sentence together and cant even tune his guitar. His Record company should take some action and sack him. Surely it looks bad for a record company if they sell records made by a complete junky.

What's the world coming to when musicians take drugs, never happened in my day. All good clean healthy living musicians we had then like Lou Reed, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin. Mick Jagger never touched anything stronger than a mars bar, well not before breakfast anyway.

Alice in Blunderland
01-May-06, 21:38
What's the world coming to when musicians take drugs, never happened in my day. All good clean healthy living musicians we had then like Lou Reed, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin. Mick Jagger never touched anything stronger than a mars bar, well not before breakfast anyway.
Dont ever remember any ppictures of them injecting into a young gilrs arm or maybe I am too young to remember that.

Bingobabe
01-May-06, 22:51
He cant sing he looks like he just crawled out of a dustbin what is he exactly famous for anyway? Except he went out way at kate moss suddenly a so called celebrity is born if this is what a celeb is a talentless idoit with a extremely bad drug addiction well im glad im a happy nobody.

willowbankbear
02-May-06, 00:40
What would he be done with?
assault via needle?
grievious bodily jag?
Being a numpty?
Wasting his life & ending thousands of trees lifes(newspapers)?
Going out with a supermodel & almost wrecking Hers?
Making rubbish music?
Drug driving?
Plenty to choose from eh:grin:

moncur
02-May-06, 08:59

Ok I can see ur point. However, All the artsits you have listed are GREAT musicians who are known worldwide (unlike docherty). Docherty is nothing more than a junkie who hasn't pawned his guitar for drugs.

golach
02-May-06, 09:20
Hmmmm, how many Orgers in this thread, were in previous threads praising the legalisation of Cannabis?
I have no time for the likes of this publicity seeking idjit Docherty.

saxovtr
02-May-06, 10:01
he is a nothing i duno how he is even in the papers hes a waste of ink

Bingobabe
02-May-06, 16:58
Hmmmm, how many Orgers in this thread, were in previous threads praising the legalisation of Cannabis?
I have no time for the likes of this publicity seeking idjit Docherty.MMMM injecting herion is a bit more extreme wouldnt you say.

gleeber
02-May-06, 19:28
I was at a funeral of an old friend in rural perthshire 10 days ago. Gordon (not his real name) died a lonely death and by all accounts an agonising death.
Gordon was an addict and had been heavily addicted for almost 5 years, after 20 odd years of normal use. He was 47 when he died in his isolated caravan and had been dead for over a week when he was found. He had made millions and lost millions.
The publican who sold him his last drink found him with a half bottle of strong cider at his side. After the funeral, some of his buddies from the local pub, who may well have helped him raise the necessary funds for the bottle of strong cider, were talking fondly and in remembrance about how Gordon would have been disappointed about dying when he still had a half bottle of strong cider to finish. I pictured the romantic scene and laughed with them.
I last spoke to Gordon 3 weeks before he died when I dropped in to see him with some cans of soup and tatties and a few other necessities. They were still in the caravan when I dropped in after the funeral. So was his wedding photo and 2 small school photos of his 2 children. His wife and children didnt make it to the funeral.
I'm not interested in the usual stramash this sort of thread evokes amongst alchol drinkers and anti prohibitionists, but theres something about the conviction of those who are condemning heroin that fascinates me.
Can anyone help me understand why the man who sold Gordon his last drink should not be treated with the same contempt as some of you have for Docherty?
Legality aside, whats going on here?

sam
02-May-06, 19:48
I was at a funeral of an old friend in rural perthshire 10 days ago. Gordon (not his real name) died a lonely death and by all accounts an agonising death.
Gordon was an addict and had been heavily addicted for almost 5 years, after 20 odd years of normal use. He was 47 when he died in his isolated caravan and had been dead for over a week when he was found. He had made millions and lost millions.
The publican who sold him his last drink found him with a half bottle of strong cider at his side. After the funeral, some of his buddies from the local pub, who may well have helped him raise the necessary funds for the bottle of strong cider, were talking fondly and in remembrance about how Gordon would have been disappointed about dying when he still had a half bottle of strong cider to finish. I pictured the romantic scene and laughed with them.
I last spoke to Gordon 3 weeks before he died when I dropped in to see him with some cans of soup and tatties and a few other necessities. They were still in the caravan when I dropped in after the funeral. So was his wedding photo and 2 small school photos of his 2 children. His wife and children didnt make it to the funeral.
I'm not interested in the usual stramash this sort of thread evokes amongst alchol drinkers and anti prohibitionists, but theres something about the conviction of those who are condemning heroin that fascinates me.
Can anyone help me understand why the man who sold Gordon his last drink should not be treated with the same contempt as some of you have for Docherty?
Legality aside, whats going on here?

what a sad story, but how true it is of people to condem the dealer of drugs but not the person who sells drink, when in reallity both are as bad as each other.
I have an uncle who is an alchoholic and a step sister who is a heroin addict and i see no difference in their choice of addictions apart from one is legal the other is not. what a sad sad world we live in:(

grantyg
02-May-06, 19:54
Sorry for the loss.
But my point is that what gets on my nerves are the people like pete docherty who glamorise the lifestyle and seem to get away with it!
I know there is a huge number of people who have got into drugs unwillingly for many personal reasons - but someone in the public eye been so blatant about it and proud of his lifestyle should be hung drawn and quartered!
It just makes it harder for the genuine ones who want to quit.
I saw first hand how hard it is for people to quit and even to seek help as my mum was an addiction counsellor for a few years.