PDA

View Full Version : BT BroadBand ?

M R
17-Jan-10, 01:41
Anyone having issues with their broadband the last night or 2 ?

Bobinovich
17-Jan-10, 01:44
I'm with BT Business Broadband and have noticed a few dropouts. On checking my router logs, it has showed a couple of disconnects & reconnects over the last 36 hours. Having had the same problem not that long ago I'll be keeping my eyes on it over the weekend and if it persists will be back on to BT on Monday.

M R
17-Jan-10, 02:34
ADSL

Transmit Tx PDU's 35479 Tx Total Bytes 3310512 Tx Total Error Counts 0 Receive Rx PDU's 38706 Rx Total Bytes 43075430 Rx Total Error Counts 83
Not a clue what all this means, but there are to many errors there for my liking.

This may need to go to the techi thread by the time i am finished :)

Phones BT

Line tested

Fault on the line apparently, well see what happens.

purplelady
17-Jan-10, 03:20
yep been haveing probs on and off all week x

mrsbaghdaddy
17-Jan-10, 14:47
my phone line went down yesterday, shortly afterwards the internet failed and it was like a yoyo all day on off on off, i wish we had a high speed conection as well as a reliable server.

upolian
17-Jan-10, 15:00
2people im aware off have had problems with bt broadband being extremely slow for the past week:(

M R
17-Jan-10, 16:02
Have to say in the 7 years we've had BT broadband, i've only had a few down time problems.

There status line advised of many problems in a quite a few dialing codes down south, but none mentioned any issues up here. Thats the part that annoys me, they won't acknowledge that it's affecting us up here.

I am only having issues at night tho, which is weird.

Dog-eared
17-Jan-10, 16:07
Slow sometimes and quite a few dropouts.

pat
17-Jan-10, 16:15
since changing back to BT a few months ago have had very very slow connections - at times wishing I had not changed.
When contract comes up for renewal will certainly be looking at other providers as the speed I am getting here on the Isle of Lewis is slower than when I was dial-up.
BT promised the world to get my business, now I am signed into a contract they do not appear to care.

Macwull
17-Jan-10, 22:24
No problems here in wick with BT BB, not had an outage that we've noticed for a good few months when the whole of caithness had the same problem as there was a fault further down.

Kirdon
17-Jan-10, 22:34
No problems here in wick with BT BB, not had an outage that we've noticed for a good few months when the whole of caithness had the same problem as there was a fault further down.

OK here too

lister
18-Jan-10, 02:32
since changing back to BT a few months ago have had very very slow connections - at times wishing I had not changed.
When contract comes up for renewal will certainly be looking at other providers as the speed I am getting here on the Isle of Lewis is slower than when I was dial-up.
BT promised the world to get my business, now I am signed into a contract they do not appear to care.
I agree with Pat here..i will also be changing from BT to anyone else that's recommended ,the service is dropping off occasionally and over the last few days more often than not(this is not the 1st time),,halfway through watching bbci player ,or using my e-mail then ,,,gone,,so annoying.
I called the helpline to enquire but the 3rd person i talked to wanted me to remove the plug with a screwdriver and set up another modem(which i didn't have)and use another filter(which i also didn't have)and to trouble shoot with cables and another laptop(which,,aye you've guessed it),,also to this the callcentre sheep asked me to ask others in the area and report back to him,,WHAT,,,don't think so,,
BT..possibly the worst company in the world,that i have the miss fortune to have a contract with,,

Metalattakk
18-Jan-10, 02:41
I agree with Pat here..i will also be changing from BT to anyone else that's recommended ,the service is dropping off occasionally and over the last few days more often than not(this is not the 1st time),,halfway through watching bbci player ,or using my e-mail then ,,,gone,,so annoying.
I called the helpline to enquire but the 3rd person i talked to wanted me to remove the plug with a screwdriver and set up another modem(which i didn't have)and use another filter(which i also didn't have)and to trouble shoot with cables and another laptop(which,,aye you've guessed it),,also to this the callcentre sheep asked me to ask others in the area and report back to him,,WHAT,,,don't think so,,
BT..possibly the worst company in the world,that i have the miss fortune to have a contract with,,

I'm no supporter of BT but everything the 'sheep' suggested to you was sensible advice.

Unscrew your telephone faceplate and plug your modem into the test socket and see how that goes. Use a different micro-filter too. And another modem as well, if you can.

All these measures are designed to eliminate any local wiring issues that might be the cause of your problems. Finding out now will save you the £100+ call-out fee that BT will charge you if they find out it's your own kit that's causing the problem.

Plus, if the problem is local then changing your ISP won't make any difference at all.

lister
18-Jan-10, 02:59
Aye Metal it would all seem plausible but this is the third time i've been asked to perform their job in the last 4 months and i'm not doing it anymore,i had a friend(monster geek)round who confirmed no issues with me as he took all the gumpf with him..its not hardware its the broadband...!!
Two brand new laptops and a well knowledgeable networker .
also the next door neighbour an neighbours around me who are connected have all eventually shifted from BT cos of these probs, and a few mates from around caithness are facing the same,,very slow ,not connecting and dropping out mid function,,
Really annoying .

Metalattakk
18-Jan-10, 03:21
Well lister, if you're entirely confident that BT are at fault, then request your MAC and move. There are plenty other providers who can offer a better service, trust me. ;)

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

lister
18-Jan-10, 03:28
Well lister, if your entirely confident that BT are at fault, then request your MAC and move. There are plenty other providers who can offer a better service, trust me. ;)

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Thanks for the info,,will consider my options and ask about.
Prob cheaper too.

Tristan
18-Jan-10, 08:03
If the test socket gives you a good connection check to see if the orange bell wire is still attached. If it is, consider getting the bt accelerator (free if you are with them I believe). You can also remove the bell wire but make sure you know what you are doing because that part belongs to BT.

Creme_Egg
18-Jan-10, 13:07
Even though bt are the most expensive out there, Bt's service is the most stable consistant and fastest.

Dont listen to adverts on the TV its all lies.......1 in a million will get 8mb let alone the 20mb Sky and Virgin are advertising.

Fibre optics up here?......No Chance!!!

lister
18-Jan-10, 17:54
Been on to bt today(what fun,all 55mins)and have been informed that there is a broadband issue in caithness and hopefully a fix is apparent,,,ha,,it took ages to get them to admit it.

M R
18-Jan-10, 18:23
Glad to hear their admitting to a fault at last. Story was, I had a fault on my line according to one chap i spoke to.

Noticed a BT Van checkin out 2 exchange\network points today. assuming there trying to track the fault down.

Just had a call from BT, the fault has been cleared, we shall see over the coarse of this evening.

suth13
18-Jan-10, 18:34
Anyone having issues with their broadband the last night or 2 ?

ive been sick of it last few nights ,keep losing conection.

lister
18-Jan-10, 19:13
Aye there is but i had to fight for this decision as all they wanted to say(scripted) was it is a fault with you're line not BT,,ha...i'm also contracted to april so i've got them(or they've got me grr)til then and i'll soon go to any other company,prob cheaper and improved service.asap,,told them so too after the 1st 55mins,,there's some time i'll no get back !,and i told them that to,haha