PDA

View Full Version : FALCONER FAMILY LATHERON AND WICK

gracie
26-Feb-04, 12:56
My g-g-g Grandfather was George Falconer who married Johanne Simpson in 1827 in Latheron. They had 6 children, James 1829, Robert 1838, Janet 1834, Alexander, John 1830, George 1836.

Alexander married Mary Ireland and i know he was a boat carpenter, they married in 1871. Their daughter Mary Falconer married my great grandfather William McCallum. I know that they lived in Shotts and Mary died in the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary in feb 1940. I am trying to trace where she was buried. She is not buried in Shotts so i am wondering if her father/mother had a family plot in Wick. Her father died in Wick 15 October 1907.

Any info on family or cemetery info greatly appreciated

kenimac1
15-Mar-04, 23:34
There was a guy called George Falconer lived in Latheronwheel in the 1960s. He was old then so might be worth looking at deaths in the late 60s, early 70s to find a thread.

Bill Mackay
15-Apr-04, 12:00
Alexander Falconer who died in Wick on 15th Oct 1907 was buried in Wick New Cemetery on the 18th Oct. His burial place is Section P Lair 18 and he is the only person in the lair.
The Lair owner was William Sinclair, Fisherman, Nicolson St., Wick and Alexander stayed at 1 Saltoun St., Wick.
Sorry I can't be of more help with the rest of your family.

Beanietdc
23-Nov-04, 20:08
I have just started researching my family tree and I think we may have a link.

I have managed to trace one branch of my family back as far as my Great Great Great Grandfather who I believe to be Robert Falconer.

All I know about him is that he was married to a lady called Helen and they had a daughter (I haven't looked for more children yet) called Margaret. She was born 2 December 1860 and married Alexander Bain on 15 April 1881. I know that Robert died before 1881 as he is marked as deceased on Margaret and Alexanders marriage certificate.

That's about all I have worked out so far but would be interested to know if you think we have the same Robert Falconer in our families and also how much further you go back from there.

Thanks
Tina

shardex
28-Jan-05, 01:48
[quote="Beanietdc"]I have just started researching my family tree and I think we may have a link.

I have managed to trace one branch of my family back as far as my Great Great Great Grandfather who I believe to be Robert Falconer.

All I know about him is that he was married to a lady called Helen and they had a daughter (I haven't looked for more children yet) called Margaret. She was born 2 December 1860 and married Alexander Bain on 15 April 1881. I know that Robert died before 1881 as he is marked as deceased on Margaret and Alexanders marriage certificate.

That's about all I have worked out so far but would be interested to know if you think we have the same Robert Falconer in our families and also how much further you go back from there.here is a copy of something I came across thought he was one of mine but no luck
1901 census for KIESS I found an Alexander BAIN . Alexander BAIN age 60 Joiner/Farmer
Margaret 50
Ellen 16
Magnus 12
Which means he was born 1831 r

In the 1881 census I found him again in KIESS.
Alexander BAIN 50 Head Joiner
Margaret 43 Wife
Ellen 6
Elizabeth 4
Helen Falconer 86 Mother in Law Widow, Blacksmiths wife
Magnus 2
ok shardex

Beanietdc
28-Jan-05, 16:53
That's really useful - thankyou. I can now use that information to clear up some other questions and to double check that I have the right people.

Thanks again.
Tina

aquamarine
01-May-07, 22:10
There is still a Falconer family living in the Latheron area