PDA

View Full Version : Question?

highlander
16-Jan-10, 02:16
Who is more intelligent, the one who asks the question or the one who answers?

joxville
16-Jan-10, 02:18
Confucious *say 'Man who must know will never learn, man who must learn knows all'.

He didn't really say that, I made it up. :)

highlander
16-Jan-10, 02:26
OHHHHH ahhhhhhhhsolllllllll lol so if i said if "1 and 1 is 2, that is the question? who is more giving the answer?

joxville
16-Jan-10, 02:28
I suppose it depends on the question and the answer. For instance, people on here have started threads around Christmas time asking Tesco/Bank/Fuel opening hours. Now to me those are dumb questions, wouldn't it be quicker to do a quick search on the web? In that respect the one who provides the answer is more intelligent. On the otherhand, I ccould ask 'Would it be possible to stop the world turning and how could it be done? What would be the braking force?" That is a clever qestion, I await the dumb answers. :)

highlander
16-Jan-10, 02:31
OMG!!! JOX a full sentence from you!!! this is a first lol

joxville
16-Jan-10, 02:32
Hopefully a trend that will be shortlived! :)

highlander
16-Jan-10, 02:34
How about a full astroid strike straight on earth would do the job nicely end OFF................

joxville
16-Jan-10, 02:57
How about a full astroid strike straight on earth would do the job nicely end OFF................

Can it wait until I get my own back on my son. I want to reach an *age where I dribble at the mouth and need nappies. :D

*Before anyone thinks of saying it, no, I'm not aready there. :roll:

Metalattakk
16-Jan-10, 03:03
Who is more intelligent, the one who asks the question or the one who answers?

It's difficult to say, being that those who ask the question demonstrate a desire for knowledge, which implies a desire for intelligence, compared with those who know the answer due to already asking and finding the answer to the question.

It's important also though, to recognise that intelligence doesn't equate to simply knowing more answers.

Torvaig
16-Jan-10, 08:59
"In that respect the one who provides the answer is more intelligent."

Not at all Jox; if dumb questions were not answered they would stop asking...... :lol:

Mrs Bucket
16-Jan-10, 10:09
Can it wait until I get my own back on my son. I want to reach an *age where I dribble at the mouth and need nappies. :D
My friend be careful what you wish for

*Before anyone thinks of saying it, no, I'm not aready there. :roll:
My friend be careful what you wish for.

northener
16-Jan-10, 11:46
You can't really link intelligence directly to Q&A situations.

However, I always give dumb answers to dumb questions and intelligent answers to intelligent questions.....most of the time.:Razz

ducati
16-Jan-10, 12:29
I suppose it depends on the question and the answer. For instance, people on here have started threads around Christmas time asking Tesco/Bank/Fuel opening hours. Now to me those are dumb questions, wouldn't it be quicker to do a quick search on the web? In that respect the one who provides the answer is more intelligent. On the otherhand, I ccould ask 'Would it be possible to stop the world turning and how could it be done? What would be the braking force?" That is a clever qestion, I await the dumb answers. :)

AP Racing 6 pot calipers, metal sintered pads on 32mm brembo discs.

About £2500 from Halfords

northener
16-Jan-10, 14:32
The world doing a 'stoppie':eek:...could knock a few ornaments of the mantlepiece.....

joxville
16-Jan-10, 14:33
The world doing a 'stoppie':eek:...could knock a few ornaments of the mantlepiece.....

Yeah, and with any luck a few rabbits will land on my head....;)

Vistravi
16-Jan-10, 17:14
I think to question things makes you more intellegient than to simply accept things as they are without questioning it. If that even makes sense ;)