PDA

View Full Version : Senile Delinquent

JAWS
01-May-06, 14:02
Before you read the news item below try and remember that this is May Day and not April Fools Day, at least according to my calendar. It is taken from BT Yahoo News.

"A grandmother has been held in a police cell overnight after she confronted a teenage gang. Brenda Robinson, 66, was accused of hitting an 11-year-old boy and dragging a 13-year-old girl by the hair to get them out of her garden in Bournemouth, Dorset. She claimed some boys had been kicking a ball against her car, but when she asked them to stop she suffered a tirade of verbal abuse in front of her two grandchildren.
A gang of about eight teenagers then appeared in her garden, on April 21, armed with pieces of wood and one of the girls allegedly hit her daughter-in-law Angie Laundon.
It was then that the grandmother evicted the girls from her garden.

She was taken off to the police station shortly afterwards.
Mrs Robinson was released on bail and will find out on Tuesday if she is to be charged with causing actual bodily harm on two youths.
The incident happened almost five years to the day after Mrs Launton's first husband was attacked and killed in Winton, near Bournemouth."

Am I totally out of touch or does anybody else find what happened to be absolutely disgusting.
Is it any wonder that certain types of youngsters believe that they can behave as they wish and that nobody can do a thing about it.
Remember, this is not a woman going out onto the street to challenge youngsters but a woman being threatened in her own garden.
I wonder what sort of message the youngsters, and those like them, are being sent and could that explain why Anti-Social Behaviour is such a problem?

footie chick
01-May-06, 14:48
Thats why this country is in the state it is arresting law abiding citizens who are protecting their property and families. Hopefully someone will see sense and let her off![mad]

Billy Boy
01-May-06, 15:04
your right jaw's you would think it was april fool's day,it's a sad day when you can't defend your own property [mad]

golach
01-May-06, 15:07
Before you read the news item below try and remember that this is May Day and not April Fools Day, at least according to my calendar. It is taken from BT Yahoo News.

"A grandmother has been held in a police cell overnight after she confronted a teenage gang. Brenda Robinson, 66, was accused of hitting an 11-year-old boy and dragging a 13-year-old girl by the hair to get them out of her garden in Bournemouth, Dorset. She claimed some boys had been kicking a ball against her car, but when she asked them to stop she suffered a tirade of verbal abuse in front of her two grandchildren.
A gang of about eight teenagers then appeared in her garden, on April 21, armed with pieces of wood and one of the girls allegedly hit her daughter-in-law Angie Laundon.
It was then that the grandmother evicted the girls from her garden.

She was taken off to the police station shortly afterwards.
Mrs Robinson was released on bail and will find out on Tuesday if she is to be charged with causing actual bodily harm on two youths.
The incident happened almost five years to the day after Mrs Launton's first husband was attacked and killed in Winton, near Bournemouth."

Am I totally out of touch or does anybody else find what happened to be absolutely disgusting.
Is it any wonder that certain types of youngsters believe that they can behave as they wish and that nobody can do a thing about it.
Remember, this is not a woman going out onto the street to challenge youngsters but a woman being threatened in her own garden.
I wonder what sort of message the youngsters, and those like them, are being sent and could that explain why Anti-Social Behaviour is such a problem?
Jaws this sort of thing sickens me, this has all been said before, Kids of today have no respect for anything or anybody. I will no doubt be condemed for this, but I believe that todays attitude of parents and adults not being
able to dish out a slap or a good leathering now and again is the true cause of behaviour such as this. To often in todays media are we seeing the result of this politcally correctness, i.e. the case above. There is no discipline in the homes or schools now a days.
I was brought up to respect and fear my Father and Mother, and I loved them dearly and still do, I did the same to my sons, both of my sons and I myself have turned out to be respectable members of the community.
I am not condoning all out brutality and viscious beatings to all children, but a skelp on the backside never did me any harm.
My Father in Law told me he as a 13 year old got sentenced to 5 strokes of the birch, at the time he said he was on the way to becoming a thug of the day, after the birching he was a reformed character, and nerver put a foot wrong again. I say we should bring back this type of punishment for crimes such as above, not to the dear lady, to the kids who drove her to do what she did.

candyfloss
01-May-06, 15:35
Thats so sad.What was the poor woman suppose to do.
Some kids nowadays seems to think they can get away with anything[disgust]

Venture
01-May-06, 15:53
Seems to be the case nowadys that the children's story comes first. The adult is always seen as in the wrong and his or her side of the story dosent come to light until there has been an arrest, cells, court and judge and jury. Just take teachers for example. How many stories have you read in the paper of late where its turned out the teacher has been found not guilty. Only thing is by this time their reputation and personal life is in tatters because of the backlash from the public etc before the truth comes out. Kids nowadays know how towork the system and the problem is they are the ones getting away with it Scot Free.

unicorn
01-May-06, 16:07
I recently heard of a case where a mum slapped her teenage son (who was going to hit her) who was larger and stronger than her and he had her done for assault, the end result is her other children no longer listen to her at all if she grounds them they walk out the door as they say to her what can you do I can get you done!!! Is that really the way our society should be, she can't even get them to go to school half the time because they know she can do nothing about it. All I can say is what is the world coming to when our children rule our houses!

badger
01-May-06, 16:34
The law has lost all commonsense and like the rest of you I'm with the grandmother on this one. I'm a similar age (and would definitely not take kindly to being referred to as a "dear old lady", thanks golach [mad] ) and am not a violent person but if anyone attacked my children or grandchildren in front of me I'm afraid I wouldn't hesitate. In fact I don't think I could even if I wanted to as it's instinct to protect your own. Sadly the parents of these thugs are probably unable or unwilling to discipline them.
Golach has deleted that comment so I withdraw my response - honours even!

sam
01-May-06, 16:44
it just typical that the law is on the side of the trouble makers, these kids should be punished and the parents fined aswell.
It doesnt seem right that this woman should be charge.
Mind you nowadays all you have to do is touch a kid on the arm and they can get you charged with assault, the law is a complete and utter joke.[mad]

Alice in Blunderland
01-May-06, 20:44
AS they say this is utter madness.I remember when I was younger living in Livingston and a couple of thugs had my brother pinned to a wall and were knocking four bells out of him my gran belted them with her handbag, they soon let him go.No-one came to the door complaining about how she treated them,they deserved it. I can just imagine what would happen nowadays if the same thing were to happen again .Jail for poor old granny...... counselling for the thugs ......madness.

JAWS
02-May-06, 00:23
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if you know what the sensible, moral, decent and common sense thing to do is then whatever you do, don't do it.
If you do then as soon as somebody moans about it you will be in serious trouble.

Of course, in eight or ten years time some 'excuser' will be carrying out the usual hand-wringing when those youngsters are totally out of control asking where society failed them.
Perhaps if the 'excusers' took a long hard look at themselves they would have the answer.

Golach, I couldn't agree more. The pretence that there is no difference between reasonable chastisement and violent brutality is like comparing the common cold to the bubonic plague. Well, they are both illnesses so why differentiate.

The same people who championed the current nonsense when it started years ago are the ones weeping and wailing over the size of the Prison Population and wondering why it is so large compared with other Countries.
Well, if the ask nicely, I'll give them a clue, and I don't have to be brilliant to work out why it has happened!

badger
02-May-06, 10:50
Exactly. I protested to whichever authority it was (can't remember now) promoting the no-smacking law for children because it's totally illogical. A loving parent will know what is reasonable; a violent parent is going to ignore the law anyway and the child will probably be too frightened to expose them. Sexual abuse of children is illegal but it doesn't stop it happening in the home.

The trouble with all this nonsense is that many parents seem unable even to say "No" to their small children so they rapidly turn into little ungovernable monsters who then grow into bigger thugs with no respect for anyone.