PDA

View Full Version : Traffic on High Street, Wick

Invisible
14-Jan-10, 17:04
I know i've posted about this subject before but again cars, vans & prams come along the high street at some speed. Accident waiting to happen I'd say.

The discussion about speed limits on the other thread got me thinking about this again. Is there an actual speed limit to the pedestrian zone?

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 17:11
One thing I have noticed a few times is that when you are turning left from Bridge St towards the crossing at Boots, there doesn't seem to be a long enough delay on the pedestrian crossing. There are no lights to be able to see whether it's gone red once you have started turning and as soon as the green man comes on, the pedestrians jump off the pavement, regardless of whether there is a car there. It's hazardous for both pedestrian and driver!

Gizmo
14-Jan-10, 17:21
I know i've posted about this subject before but again cars, vans & prams come along the high street at some speed. Accident waiting to happen I'd say.

The discussion about speed limits on the other thread got me thinking about this again. Is there an actual speed limit to the pedestrian zone?

Do what i do, when some idiot comes tearing along the pedestrian precinct behind me, i just don't move out the way, sod them, they aint gonna run you down, and it annoys the hell out of them.

northener
14-Jan-10, 17:28
I know i've posted about this subject before but again cars, vans & prams come along the high street at some speed. .....

:eek: Bloody hell.

Yup, 10mph IIRC - it's on the sign at the entrance on Shore Lane.

northener
14-Jan-10, 17:29
Do what i do, when some idiot comes tearing along the pedestrian precinct behind me, i just don't move out the way, sod them, they aint gonna run you down, and it annoys the hell out of them.

Agree, it's a Pedestrian area - stuff the cars.

Invisible
14-Jan-10, 17:29
:eek: Bloody hell.

Yes you'll no believe the rate the prams go down town

Yup, 10mph IIRC - it's on the sign at the entrance on Shore Lane.

oh, I've failed to notice that in the passing and so have the other drivers

Mrs Bucket
14-Jan-10, 18:14
Agree, it's a Pedestrian area - stuff the cars.
or is it a pedestrianised zone and is there a difference

brandy
14-Jan-10, 18:25
i thouught you could only go thru if you were loading or unloading for the shops.. and of course the disabled parking at spoons.

northener
14-Jan-10, 18:30
It's a Pedestrianized Zone. In other words, pedestrians should be given priority and vehicles are only allowed in on a restricted basis.

Gizmo
14-Jan-10, 18:36
or is it a pedestrianised zone and is there a difference

Even if there is a difference, there is still no excuse for some edgit in a car to be tearing through it at high speed

Invisible
14-Jan-10, 21:31
i thouught you could only go thru if you were loading or unloading for the shops.. and of course the disabled parking at spoons.

your right brandy, the rules are often broken