PDA

View Full Version : Cat burglar....

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 12:48
Literally! Just got home to find my kitchen in a complete tip,things broken,smashed,etc and a rather smug black cat sitting on the bloody table!He/she was of course totally spaced out after opening and strewing around an entire packet of cat nip :roll: but then had the cheek to hiss at me when I tried to chuck it outside,all the time MY cat and dog were sitting together in the dogs cage terrified while this demon cat wrecked my house,yes I know its my fault that it can get in but I have never seen one cat make so much mess and destroy so much stuff!:eek: I never thought I would see the day when I was visited by cat burglars!lolx

Creme_Egg
13-Jan-10, 12:50
Poor poor cat will be sleeping rough for a while now! Better tabby than a man in a striped jumper and a mask![lol]

Angela
13-Jan-10, 12:54
That's made made laugh so much Thumps, I can just picture your surprise visitor's smug and spaced out expression! :roll::lol:

Not so funny for you of course - better hide that catnip..... s/he might come back for more fun ..... ;)

Dadie
13-Jan-10, 12:57
I feel for you!
I went through to my bedroom for something yesterday and found the wrong cat (Frodos double) lying on my bed with Poppy dog cowering in the corner by the wardrobe!
The cat got short shift from me ... out the front door before he could wake up properly:lol:

Then I let in our cat ... who was looking very unhappy at the backdoor!

So there must be something in the water or weather that is making moggies behave badly!

Kenn
13-Jan-10, 13:08
What a CATastrophe!

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 13:35
What a CATastrophe!
It certainly was!When I went to get the cat out my cat decided to make a break for it too and then my dog decided it was time to show who was boss.....and chased my cat out of the garden :roll: so lord knows when my cat will decide to come home again now,but I bet the bliddy cat burglar will be back for his/her next fix of catnip!Oh and it had also been upstairs and trashed the bedrooms too so I am going to be very busy tidying up for a while! [evil]x

BINBOB
13-Jan-10, 13:36
Literally! Just got home to find my kitchen in a complete tip,things broken,smashed,etc and a rather smug black cat sitting on the bloody table!He/she was of course totally spaced out after opening and strewing around an entire packet of cat nip but then had the cheek to hiss at me when I tried to chuck it outside,all the time MY cat and dog were sitting together in the dogs cage terrified while this demon cat wrecked my house,yes I know its my fault that it can get in but I have never seen one cat make so much mess and destroy so much stuff!:eek: I never thought I would see the day when I was visited by cat burglars!lolx

Sorry,Thumper.......this had me in stitches,especially ur 2 animals in the cage......were they holding the door shut??[lol][lol]

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 13:37
Poor poor cat will be sleeping rough for a while now! Better tabby than a man in a striped jumper and a mask![lol]

I doubt it will do much sleeping-it will be so high on catnip-so if anyone has a black cat who comes home kind of spaced out-you KNOW it was my house they were in :) x

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 13:39
Sorry,Thumper.......this had me in stitches,especially ur 2 animals in the cage......were they holding the door shut??

BINBOB-they were both shoved in as far back as they could get-which is surprising as they only just suffer each other normally-pair of wooses thats what they are!Mind you my cats fluff was all over the kitchen table so i reckon he put up a fight at first :roll::lol: oh and the black cat had so much catnip all over it it looked like a burst teabag!x

Angela
13-Jan-10, 13:42
Are you quite sure that cat wasn't wearing a stripy jumper and black mask, and carrying a bag marked SWAG on a pole? ;)

Yes, I do read 'Burglar Bill' a lot to my granddaughter, just like her Mum before her......:lol:

They have a black cat so maybe I'll make up a new story about him called 'Thumper's Cat Burglar'! :D

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 13:44
Are you quite sure that cat wasn't wearing a stripy jumper and black mask, and carrying a bag marked SWAG on a pole? ;)

Yes, I do read 'Burglar Bill' a lot to my granddaughter, just like her Mum before her......

They have a black cat so maybe I'll make up a new story about him called 'Thumper's Cat Burglar'! :D

LOL Angela,maybe you should and then cut me in on the profits to replace the broken things ;) I am laughing about it but at the same time I could happily have throttled the bliddy thing for all the damage it did x

teenybash
13-Jan-10, 14:37
This story should be made into a cartoon..........brilliant[lol]

horseman
13-Jan-10, 14:57
Thanks for sharing the story Thumps,good for a giggle,(if you are no the one that has to do the cleaning up).
Vaguely similar one with me an wife.-Our dog-x terrier an normally as territorial as they are known to be-shows up one morning in the garden room-with cat flap,panting an carrying on towards a high up shelf-an eventually we see there is a b/an white moggie up there!
Turns out to be quite friendly,young male well turned out,an the blasted dog has 'adopted' him! So now we have another 4legger to look after!
I know we can easily get shot of the beastie,but the sod gets on well with our own two cats.An litter trained to,makes it interesting when daughter visits with her two kittens-yep-thats the silly sort of household we run,but the kids have all grown up an fled,(thankfully no more horses) an we are getting a bit too long in the tooth for fostering now,so we need some mild distraction to keep us on our toes:D

cuddlepop
13-Jan-10, 16:03
:lol::lol::lol:

I know its not funny but your wee mishap with the cat fair made me chuckle.

Sage
13-Jan-10, 17:05
Heavens...if my cat wasn't housebound at the moment (I wont let her out in this ice) I'd swear it was mine.

Lately she's -
opened cupboards to get to and open bags of flour (chest height cupboards too!), got flour all over her face.
opened a heavy dresser door to get to bags of beefy monster munch (three times!)
she climbs up the door frame to try to get the door open if we dont get down to the kitchen in time to feed her ladyship breakfast when SHE wants it
strewn the kitchen with all sorts while playing chasies with my other cat
belted the dogs if they got in her way

the list could go on :roll:

and dont they look as if butter wouldnt mely when you catch them :lol:

Scunner
13-Jan-10, 17:16
You should make a cartoon of it, like 'Simons Cat' on youtube.

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 17:57
Dont think I fancy a rerun of it to record it :eek: It turned out to be a costly visit for me,wax tablecloth has huge scratch marks right through it so that about £30 to replace,lost 2 glasses,a cup and a plate too,phone went flying but luckily isnt damaged so quite an expensive visit from my cat burglar.I guess that I have learnt to A-never leave anything open for my cat to get in and B-never leave dishes not dried and put away incase it does get in again,ah well you learn something new every day eh? :) x

twiglet
13-Jan-10, 18:29
Made me laugh Thumper. Brought back memories of a rather bright cat I used to have. Had to fit a child lock to the fridge as he, 'the brains' and our other cat, 'the muscle' helped themselves to half a pound of carvery ham. He also used to shred toilet paper just for the sheer hell of it. Mind you, mine wan't a cat nip addict, lol.

Liz
13-Jan-10, 18:52
:lol::lol::lol:

I know its not funny but your wee mishap with the cat fair made me chuckle.

Same here Cuddlepop! The thought of your cat and dog hiding in the cage together is just hilarious and would make a great cartoon!

Really hope the cat doesn't come back for it's 'fix'!

BINBOB
13-Jan-10, 19:30
BINBOB-they were both shoved in as far back as they could get-which is surprising as they only just suffer each other normally-pair of wooses thats what they are!Mind you my cats fluff was all over the kitchen table so i reckon he put up a fight at first :roll: oh and the black cat had so much catnip all over it it looked like a burst teabag!x

I can just picture this in between giggling............I hope u wee cat is ok.I think they were probably soooooooo glad to see u return,bless them.

U have totally cheered me up,what a story,it could be a comedy script.Pity it was not fimed.......u tube awaits.
Hope normality has returned but will the black do so too?????????
Eagerly awaiting more...........;)[lol]

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 19:48
Havent seen my cat since,I am sure he will come home eventually though,as for the dog...she keeps strutting about outside all puffed up as if to say "yeah come back here and I will sort you out" I just keep teling her that she is a woose and a scary cat(pardon the pun)x

Liz
13-Jan-10, 19:56
Aw what a shame that your own cat hasn't come home yet.:~( Sure he is hiding quite nearby and should come home when he gets hungry.

Ha ha love the description of your dog.

I know it's been horrible for you hun but you have fair cheered us up on such a dreich day!:lol:

I wanted to give you good rep but have to spread it round first!:confused

Thumper
13-Jan-10, 20:02
I think my cat is off licking his wounds-so to speak,as he is the tuff guy around here-or rather was :) He will strut home at some point I am sure x

Thumper
14-Jan-10, 08:57
My cat came home around 10pm,limping badly so i dont know if it was the fight with the cat burglur or if it happened later on,either way it looks like a visit to the vet :( x

Anji
14-Jan-10, 10:40
I'm glad your cat came home, Thumper, and I hope he isn't too badly injured. It's a shame he can't tell you his side of the story!

BINBOB
14-Jan-10, 11:05
My cat came home around 10pm,limping badly so i dont know if it was the fight with the cat burglur or if it happened later on,either way it looks like a visit to the vet :( x

Oh..that is not so good,more expense for you.Please let us know how things go .:(

horseman
14-Jan-10, 12:38
Oh..that is not so good,more expense for you.Please let us know how things go .:(

Please don't mention that nasty 3 letter word-VET-We must have paid more to them than to the pigging mortgage company over the years.:(Frown snarl gnash-all necessary but O'boy pricey or what.

Liz
14-Jan-10, 13:58
Glad your cat came home Thumps but so sorry to hear he is injured.

He may just have slipped on the snow or ice and have sprained his leg.

Hope he recovers soon.

I take it there has been no further sign of the demon cat who started all this?:confused

Thumper
14-Jan-10, 14:23
He seems fine now so hopefully he had just twisted his leg or something,no sign of the black demon today so far but my window is firmly shut!My son recons he knows whos cat it is,not that it matters as it isnt their fault that he/she wrecked my house,and if it had been my cat I would be mortified if I found out so he is sworn to secrecy about it.I have also got a syringe of water ready and waiting to soak it with if it does dare to poke its head back in here :) x

Liz
14-Jan-10, 14:33
Maybe he was feigning injury so you would feel sorry for him as he is embarrassed about the whole hiding in the cage with the dog situation?:confused

A syringe? Crikey you'll need to get up really close!:lol:

cuddlepop
14-Jan-10, 14:50
Maybe he was feigning injury so you would feel sorry for him as he is embarrassed about the whole hiding in the cage with the dog situation?:confused

A syringe? Crikey you'll need to get up really close!:lol:

I agree with you Liz as our wee collie resorts too the sore paw when she's looking for sympathy, even when there's nothing wrong with it.

Pets,they're worse than kids.;)

BINBOB
14-Jan-10, 17:48
Please don't mention that nasty 3 letter word-VET-We must have paid more to them than to the pigging mortgage company over the years.:(Frown snarl gnash-all necessary but O'boy pricey or what.

I certainly know that feeling too.:(

Thumper
22-Jan-10, 12:29
He was back again last night,walked into my kitchen and there he was bold as brass eating the stew I had made for todays tea :eek: I tried to chase him or her out and the little so and so went for me!He then ran into my dogscage(dog wasnt in there this time luckily) so i filled a syringe with water and blasted it with it,he then ran around the kitchen growling and hissing at me so I refilled my ammo and gave it another blast and which time it decided that even if the stew was tasty it had better retreat so it shot off out the door!
My mum said her neighbour(next street from mine) had the same cat wreck her kitchen too! I guess he/she feels it can go anywhere it likes and to heck with what we think :( x

Angela
22-Jan-10, 12:46
Oh Thumper! :( I promise I am NOT laughing....:mad: Honest! ;)

Thumper
22-Jan-10, 12:51
Oh Thumper! I promise I am NOT laughing....:mad: Honest! ;)

Me thinks you fib......;) x

cuddlepop
22-Jan-10, 13:23
You sure you've not got an open house for cats sign somewhere ?

Promise I'm not laughing, I'm crying too....;)

BINBOB
22-Jan-10, 13:37
Oh Thumper! I promise I am NOT laughing....:mad: Honest! ;)

Ditto :lol:

butterfly
22-Jan-10, 14:55
Lol,put the syringe down and get the super soaker!;):lol:

Thumper
22-Jan-10, 16:13
You sure you've not got an open house for cats sign somewhere ?

Promise I'm not laughing, I'm crying too....;)

I think I will have to put up a sign saying "all cats except resident cat please sod off" ;) I AM tempted to put some bright coloured hairspray on it so that IF the owners read the org and their cat comes in "spray painted" they may take the hint :lol:x