PDA

View Full Version : Things To Do for Teenagers in Thurso

ragdollyanna
13-Jan-10, 10:49
Hello - can anyone help me? I have a friend who is new to the area and is looking for ideas to keep her 12 year old daughter busy out with school hours. What is out there in the Thurso area for young people? She particularly likes music and art...

My kids are much younger so I wasn't much help - any suggestions would be much appreciated!! :)

Creme_Egg
13-Jan-10, 12:55
Guitar lessons with john newton?
Or ask her to paint a lovely picture for you!

veekay
13-Jan-10, 14:56
What about Thurso junior players at the Mill theatre

upolian
13-Jan-10, 16:42
painting a picture is a good idea

EDDIE
13-Jan-10, 18:07
If she is new to area what about joining the cadets or something along these lines which will help her make new friends rather than hobby that you do buy yourself.

viking
13-Jan-10, 20:01
What about Guides? Thay meet every Friday evening in the Guide Hall, Riverside at 7pm.

ragdollyanna
14-Jan-10, 11:07
Thank you for your input guys - Girl Guides is a great idea - I'll look into it. :D

Painting a picture.... not so much.

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-10, 11:17
If she is new to area what about joining the cadets or something along these lines which will help her make new friends rather than hobby that you do buy yourself.

Agree, i joined the army cadets and was at it for 4 years! Loved every minute of it! Met loads of awsome people and learned alot.

If i had the time i would go back as an adult cadet to teach, unfortunately not going to be able to do it.

aww i miss it! :(

Fluff
14-Jan-10, 11:34
Shelly, maybe not right now but you might. I went back last year to the Sea Cadets as an instructor. There is no rush

Ganeesha
14-Jan-10, 19:18
Absolutely nothing apart from hang about the Town Hall (the expensive White Elephant)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whereby the money spent on this would have been better turned into something such as a Community Centre for the kids to go to.

sweetpea
15-Jan-10, 00:44
Absolutely nothing apart from hang about the Town Hall (the expensive White Elephant)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whereby the money spent on this would have been better turned into something such as a Community Centre for the kids to go to.

Isn't the town hall a community centre?

twiglet
15-Jan-10, 00:54
There is a youth centre down near the Mill Theatre but don't know when they are open.