PDA

View Full Version : Potholes in Thurso

sevenfortyseven
13-Jan-10, 10:31
We all know the condition of the roads in and around Thurso, but I was wondering if anyone had any favourites? My personal all-time favourites are:

1. the one that appeared over xmas/new year on ormlie road at the end of provost cormack drive. classic!

2. the one that I always end up in at the entrance to the tesco car park (to the left of the road).

Perhaps maybe we could come up with a top ten and present an award to the highland council to commend them for their dedication in wrecking our axles and keeping our car journeys bumpy...? Im sure its hard work!

Bobinovich
13-Jan-10, 10:35
I know what you mean, although the one up at Ormlie was not so much a pothole as a black hole into which my car appeared to dive!

However if you identify the location on the FixMyStreet (http://www.fixmystreet.com/) website, a report will be sent to either Highland Council or Transerve, depending on who's responsible for it. It works too!

igglepiggle
13-Jan-10, 10:39
There is loads just now on my route to work, it is like playing dodgems!! the worst one i have seen in on Mount Pleasant Road, All the way across the road.

Gronnuck
13-Jan-10, 10:44
:) The one at Tescos gets my vote. With all your attention on manoeuvring in traffic from the crossroads through the narrow entrance it’s easy to miss the hole on your nearside. I was lucky enough to follow a number of unfortunate drivers who suddenly lunged into the gaping chasm and was able to take avoiding action. :eek:
Give it a couple of weeks and we’ll see a real axle breaker. Maybe Tesco is teaming up with shock absorber manufacturers to make a killing. The treasury must be rubbing their hands with glee at all the VAT they’re going to get from cars being repaired. ;)

sevenfortyseven
13-Jan-10, 11:04
Give it a couple of weeks and we’ll see a real axle breaker. Maybe Tesco is teaming up with shock absorber manufacturers to make a killing. The treasury must be rubbing their hands with glee at all the VAT they’re going to get from cars being repaired. ;)

Haha hadn't looked at it that way!

dancingtaz13
14-Jan-10, 23:46
There is loads just now on my route to work, it is like playing dodgems!! the worst one i have seen in on Mount Pleasant Road, All the way across the road.

Saw Highland Council fixing this one today. :)

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 23:48
Have they fixed the railings at Mount Pleasant school yet? Someone took a pretty big wallop into them from the looks of things!

Invisible
15-Jan-10, 00:00
I know what you mean, although the one up at Ormlie was not so much a pothole as a black hole into which my car appeared to dive!

However if you identify the location on the FixMyStreet (http://www.fixmystreet.com/) website, a report will be sent to either Highland Council or Transerve, depending on who's responsible for it. It works too!

excellent link, good for being nosey too.

ss.sv650
15-Jan-10, 08:24
tried it!!! took 3 attempts to get anything done but if you have the time and can be bothered to keep updating the e mails thay send you till its fixed it can make a difference.

there have been several posts on the org bout the state of our roads but as has been said the county boundry and it all stops we seem to be like the land time has forgot !!!

braalterr903
15-Jan-10, 08:32
Halkirk is very bad with potholes and drains broken braal terrace is bad up at the school and Has been for a long time.

Phoebus_Apollo
15-Jan-10, 10:07
My particular favourite was/is the one at the corner of the toll gallery, its a sneaky little one always catches you unawares....then THWACK....axledoom:roll:

Mr P Cannop
15-Jan-10, 11:29
My particular favourite was/is the one at the corner of the toll gallery, its a sneaky little one always catches you unawares....then THWACK....axledoom:roll:

best thing to do is report it

Kodiak
15-Jan-10, 11:52
For any Bad Pot Hole I would suggest that you take a Photo of it, then go to this site :-

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

and report it along with you uploaded Photograph.

I had a deep pothole not far from my house and I reported it on this site and I was surprised that 3 Days later it was all filled in.

lynne duncan
15-Jan-10, 12:30
just reported the north side of argyle sqaure in wick it is shocking

igglepiggle
15-Jan-10, 12:35

I reported the one on Mount pleasant road with the link, and its fixed, may have been on their list though as it was very quick for the council :lol::roll:

sevenfortyseven
15-Jan-10, 16:46

I quite agree, its a beast!

Stack Rock
15-Jan-10, 17:16
just reported the north side of argyle sqaure in wick it is shocking

Roads squad there this morning.