PDA

View Full Version : Halogen oven

rs 2k
12-Jan-10, 22:13
HI

Not having a very good day

I bought a halogen oven from Thane direct b4 christmas was suppose to b here by the 23rd and didn't arrived coz of the weather, so when the weather got better i emailled thane direct and they phoned the courier and got it delivered this morning, i was delighted, couldn't wait to use it

When i took it out the box the bulb was broke in 2 halves, so it is knackered

I have been waiting over a month for this to arrive so i am really disappointed

I would post it back but postage costs r not paid for and it weigh's a ton :) and i already paid thane direct a tenner for postage when i bought it :~(

Is there anywhere on the net u can buy the bulbs?.......i have been looking all night and can't find anything, getting annoyed with looking......but then i suppose that tells me something :confused

Any help would b appreciated

Thanx

Linzy

tartanyorkie
12-Jan-10, 22:34
Unfortunately you cannot buy the bulbs. My bulb went and I had to send the whole oven back for a replacement. It is a pity as the ovens are great.

DeHaviLand
12-Jan-10, 22:38
Get on to Thane Direct. Breakages are a matter between them and their courier. Demand that they either send you a replacement bulb, or arrange for a courier to uplift the oven and refund you the full cost, including postage.
It wont take them long to send a bulb, much cheaper than the alternative. Whatever you do, dont agree to pay for anything.

Kodiak
12-Jan-10, 22:41
Since you bought this item as what is called "A Distance Purchace" you have 14 Days to send it back and get a Full Refund. You do not need to give them a reason as it is your right to cancel and return item for a Full refund if for ANY reason you change your mind.

rs 2k
12-Jan-10, 22:53
Thanx all

I will phone thane direct in the morning and let them know and c what they have to say, no point in sending it back coz it broke and for the bin [lol] but i suppose they need proof its broken 1st

thanx again at least i know it can't b sorted :~(

poppett
13-Jan-10, 00:12
A reputable company will send you a replacement and uplift the broken item at the same time, at no cost to you. Good luck.

rs 2k
13-Jan-10, 12:57
Some good news :)

I phoned thane direct and they r sending out a new lid, should have it within the week :Razz saves a lot of hassle and money :D

Thanx for all replies

Venture
13-Jan-10, 13:08
Some good news

I phoned thane direct and they r sending out a new lid, should have it within the week :Razz saves a lot of hassle and money :D

Thanx for all replies

Glad you've been sorted rs 2k. I bought one of these last year and it's brilliant. In fact I think the only time I've used my cooker oven since I got it was to cook the Christmas turkey. Brilliant for pizzas, baked potatoes, steaks etc. and so very quick. Worth every penny.:)

rs 2k
13-Jan-10, 13:18
Yes i know a couple of people who have them and they said how good they are thats why i bought 1

Was hoping mine was here b4 christmas coz i was so looking forward to cooking christmas dinner in it but the weather stopped it arriving

Don't think i will b using my cooker again, i got a steamer for christmas so thats the veg sorted, microwave for the beans etc [lol] and new halogen oven when its sorted [lol]

Healthy eating for us this year and from now on :lol: