PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection drops randomly

redeyedtreefrog
12-Jan-10, 17:43
I'm using Win7 and a USB wireless adapter and my Internet connection sometimes drops, and it says that no networks are available. Sometimes if I Troubleshoot Problems it fixes it, sometimes I have to turn the router off and on again, sometimes I need to restart my PC. It's annoying, how can I stop it happening?

M R
12-Jan-10, 21:03
You should try moving your router to the 5th tree and 8th branch up, may get a better reception from there.

:roll:

Green_not_greed
12-Jan-10, 21:58
I'm using Win7 and a USB wireless adapter and my Internet connection sometimes drops, and it says that no networks are available. Sometimes if I Troubleshoot Problems it fixes it, sometimes I have to turn the router off and on again, sometimes I need to restart my PC. It's annoying, how can I stop it happening?

No idea but if you find out please post as I have exactly the same problem since I changed to Win 7 Ultimate. With the same hardware I had no similar problem with Vista Ultimate.

Bobinovich
12-Jan-10, 23:45
Couple of suggestions...

1. Ensure you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapters
2. Delete the wireless connection and let the system redetect it

Best of luck!

dx100uk
13-Jan-10, 01:22
Couple of suggestions...

1. Ensure you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapters
2. Delete the wireless connection and let the system redetect it

Best of luck!

yep reload latest drivers

when the box says about let windows find or connect to the internet let it do so.

there are lots of various issues

not running 64bit are you?

dx

redeyedtreefrog
13-Jan-10, 18:17
yep reload latest drivers

when the box says about let windows find or connect to the internet let it do so.

there are lots of various issues

not running 64bit are you?

dx

Yeah it is 64 bit.

I think I fixed it though, I just plugged the USB thing into a different port and the connection hasnt dropped since i did.:D

dx100uk
13-Jan-10, 19:45
There known issues with certain USB dongles and their inboard drivers for 64bit
And as you have found some USB ports are not her 2.0 either
That's typically a chipset driver problem

As Always worth goggling the issue

Dx