PDA

View Full Version : What????

connieb19
01-May-06, 00:39
Just been reading Fridays Groat. Eight months prison sentence for a heroin dealer!! I had to read it again, I thought I must have been mistaken. I don't think this is any deterrant at all...[disgust]

highlander
01-May-06, 00:55
At least hes been sent to the nick, very few things that really shock me in the papers now, but when i saw the pictures of Pete Docherty, injecting that girl with drugs, he should be throw in jail for a lot lot longer,why has he been allowed to get away with so much?

Fran
01-May-06, 01:51
justice is very strange, sentences even stranger. A wick drunk driver sent to prison for four months yet a drugs dealer on a diet walking about.

Moira
01-May-06, 02:30
Tip of the iceberg. I tried to find a link to post here, but unfortunately the JoGJ don't keep their website up to date - pity.

The "mitigating circumstances" in this case are pathetic. What worries me most of all is that this heroin dealer intends to move back to Caithness when his sentence is through. Maybe the drug pro-legalisation committee will be at the Ord to welcome him back [mad]

_Ju_
01-May-06, 09:15
hmmm.... a woman who was not drunk but made astupid, stupid mistake overtaking, that had no points on her drivers license and zero alchohol in the blood at thetime of the accident, with a family with small children and that had expressed her regret manytimes over got 4 years in jail.
A heroin dealer gets 8 months.

Now I know that this woman did drive recklessly, that a pensioner did die and there has to be punishment, but please, when you compare the sentences and consider the fact that the punishment is being meted out not only to the woman, but to the children and family, it does not make any sense at all.[disgust]

Billy Boy
01-May-06, 15:20
Just been reading Fridays Groat. Eight months prison sentence for a heroin dealer!! I had to read it again, I thought I must have been mistaken. I don't think this is any deterrant at all...[disgust]

I Think its terrible that he got off so lightly, especially when you concider the fact that he will only serve a fraction of this sentence.

badger
01-May-06, 16:38
All of a piece with Jaws' thread on Senile Delinquent. The Law is an ass.

sam
01-May-06, 16:55
what an insult to all the families of people who have lost relatives and friends through heroin, or where a family member has become addicted.
I have seen the damage that heroin can do first hand and it just tears famlies apart, so for a dealer to get get 8 months goes to show what a complete farce the law is, they should be given a minimum sentence of 5 years and then maybe just maybe they would think twice about doing it again.

gee
01-May-06, 17:27
least he'll get a fag inside