PDA

View Full Version : Matalan

Foxy
30-Apr-06, 22:45
I just heard today that matalan and macdonald's are supposed to be going into the Caithness glass factory. Does anyone know if this is right?

angela5
30-Apr-06, 23:10
I just heard today that matalan and macdonald's are supposed to be going into the Caithness glass factory. Does anyone know if this is right?

I did hear macdonalds were going into the glass factory..let's hope eh!:grin:

_Ju_
30-Apr-06, 23:26
Please not MacDonalds! Is it the least nutritous food or the most nutritious plastic?[disgust]

connieb19
30-Apr-06, 23:33
Please not MacDonalds! Is it the least nutritous food or the most nutritious plastic?[disgust]I agree, YUK!!![disgust]

angela5
30-Apr-06, 23:57
I agree, YUK!!![disgust]

You prefer burger king connie..[lol]

connieb19
01-May-06, 00:13
You prefer burger king connie..[lol]Hah, I wouldn't eat that crap if you paid me to..:p

angela5
01-May-06, 00:35
Hah, I wouldn't eat that crap if you paid me to..:p

You already have and i did'nt need to pay you. (bones)[lol]

Fran
01-May-06, 01:52
Next is coming too.

Geo
01-May-06, 10:52
According to MacDonald's site they use a lot or organic and local produce in their food now. Eggs are free range, beef from the UK and Ireland etc.

Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad. The problem is large cokes, shakes and fries being added to it. Even then once or twice a year isn't going to hurt.

wicker
01-May-06, 10:59
Thought caithness glass was going to become the new council offices??

Chillie
01-May-06, 11:06
Thought caithness glass was going to become the new council offices??

Stick the council offices up there out of site, give us macdonalds in the town centre.:lol:

The Angel Of Death
01-May-06, 11:07
Cant see any food outlets going beside homebase new look etc

Isnt it true that a food outlet has to be a seperate building from others because of a fire risk ???

Chillie
01-May-06, 11:08

Isnt it true that a food outlet has to be a seperate building from others because of a fire risk ???

They have a scruffy burger van parked up there for all the hungry shoppers[lol]

Chillie
01-May-06, 11:11
As to frans answer on another shopping thread, there is a queue around the back of the burger van for the toilet. the kind owner of the van provides a bucket:lol:

connieb19
01-May-06, 11:15
Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad. The problem is large cokes, shakes and fries being added to it. Even then once or twice a year isn't going to hurt.You're not being serious are you?:confused:

Marty McFly
01-May-06, 11:20
Stick the council offices up there out of site, give us macdonalds in the town centre.:lol:

Now that would make some sense! Breath a bit of life back into the town centre. :D

fred
01-May-06, 11:38
Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad.

Personally I think a ballanced meal is a nip in one hand and a half in the other.

fred
01-May-06, 11:59

I think the problem is that it is outside the Wick boundary and there are rules about out of town developments these days. You can get away with a garden centre or discount warehouse but if you allow high street shops like McDonalds or Pizza Hut then you are effectively making the town larger while there are still vacant properties in the town centre, you are moving the town.

willowbankbear
01-May-06, 12:08
Stick McDonalds in the old motorways garage in miller street, hard to find , no parking,away from town center;) No I dont want it either, there is plenty of food shops in Wick. Matalans would be fine in either the retail park or Grampian Records old factory, Ive never been in the shop in Inverness So I dare say I might go in it if it were in Wick,just for a wee look

rfr10
01-May-06, 12:27
I have received information from NEXT and they do not have any plans to open a store in Wick.

Matalan are supposedly either building a store beside where Tesco are building or they are trying to find a place at the retail park.

One of the spaces left at the retail park will probably be taken by Edinburgh Woolen Mill as they have told me that they are looking for the possibility of opening a new store there.

Not sure about McDonalds and also some people have said to me that they have heard that Pizza Hut will be opening, there is no confirmation of this.

I'll try to get more info and post it in a new thread on the message board.

candyfloss
01-May-06, 15:16
Not too keen on Macdonalds[disgust]
Pizza hut would be a bit better, i quite like a pizza now and again:o)