PDA

View Full Version : Can ye remember yer first post on here?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jan-10, 14:07
A good friend asked me last November,"can ye remember yer first post on Caithness Org?"

I said I could.It was a post in January 1996.It was about it being frozen when I walked to work,by the time I was walking home it was a Barbados Sun.

Ma good pal,then told me that he had checked out the archive on Caithness Org and I was right.Man,there I thought ma memory was going,maybe not.

I checked out the archive this morning.Was amazed at the posters that were on the thread,because most of them are still here today.Good craic.:):)

Can ye all remember yours?

porshiepoo
11-Jan-10, 14:41
I'm not sure whether it was my very first or not but the most memorable early one I did was "Angels or Maggot food?".
Made some good friends with that one. :lol:

Saveman
11-Jan-10, 14:57
Wow, now your asking......I have no idea what my first post was....but in searching the archives I came across some great stuff.....what a laugh we used to have...

eg.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=14284

thirsaloon
11-Jan-10, 15:14
Yeah, think my one was the start of the Thirsa Piccys thread which although has gone a bit quiet this past while went from strenght to strenght and got loads of hits as well! :D

changilass
11-Jan-10, 15:19
I still cannae work out how you search the archives:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jan-10, 15:26
Go down to the bottom of the screen.Archives is there.Its brilliant.From the start to now.Old Orgers,New Orgers....Good Craic.Savemans link proves it:

Saveman....still here
Moira.........still here
Jeid...........still here
Cuddlepop...still here
Cedric.........still here,now and again.

Website forums,pick yer own.I've picked mine as well as ma bum and ma nose!![lol][lol]

Mr Golach I missed ye out.Please forgive me Sir.

joxville
11-Jan-10, 16:35
I can't remember any from last week never mind three years ago, though I'd hazard a guess that it was probably drivel, just like the subsequent 3673. :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jan-10, 16:41
I can't remember any from last week never mind three years ago, though I'd hazard a guess that it was probably drivel, just like the succeedding 3673. :)

It was drivel Jox.[lol][lol]

redeyedtreefrog
11-Jan-10, 17:23
Mine was commenting on the Skype Laughter Chain post in the Jokes section :D

mentallywinnie
11-Jan-10, 17:49
(Just had to check..got a forgettory not a memory these days!)
Mine was 'good places to eat in Caithness' and I rambled on about Whetherspoons!

trix
11-Jan-10, 18:44
i can mind mine, it wis funny, aboot astrology an how 'e different signs are...eh...different :D

canuck
11-Jan-10, 20:02
Oh yes, I remember it well. It had about 3 typing errors and I was so embarrassed I didn't post anything again for over a year.

Okay, so I have made up for it!

I think what prompted me to reconnect was Paris' thread on loosing weight together. It was so totally worth getting up the courage to join in that discussion. I discovered a very forgiving group of readers and have now made some outstanding friends.

floyed
11-Jan-10, 20:24
mmmmmmmmmmmm...................................... ..............Nope lol:D:D

Jeid
11-Jan-10, 20:38
First post? Probably in the music forum, but I ain't sure.

Alan16
11-Jan-10, 20:48
I have no idea what my first post was. Probably some rubbish that made everyone hate me!

ShelleyCowie
11-Jan-10, 20:56
I have no idea what my first post was. Probably some rubbish that made everyone hate me!

I remember you telling a joke, you thot no1 would find it funny and i was here in stitches. :lol:

Alan16
11-Jan-10, 21:16
I remember you telling a joke, you thot no1 would find it funny and i was here in stitches. :lol:

God, I don't remember that. Me? A funny joke?

Vistravi
11-Jan-10, 21:37
I can't remember any from last week never mind three years ago, though I'd hazard a guess that it was probably drivel, just like the subsequent 3673. :)

I can't remember anything from 4 days ago let alone a week ago :lol:

brandy
11-Jan-10, 22:14
i think it was something to do with sam.. i cant remember..

northener
11-Jan-10, 22:25
I've invariably got a bottle of Rioja or 'Old Pulteney' with me when I post...so I can't remember what I posted two hours ago, never mind a couple of years back.:Razz

airdlass
11-Jan-10, 23:37
My very first post I think was on the genealogy boards. My first one on the general board was about a new treatment I had started for arthritis and I wondered if anyone else had tried it.

ŠAmethyst
11-Jan-10, 23:39
I don't remember my very first post :( and my first archived post was back in 2007... I know I'd been posting back when the forum had less than 100 members!

brandy
11-Jan-10, 23:40
ohhh i want to think it was something to do with lack of baby changing facilities down the town.. but that would have been in 2003 i think ive been on the org longer than that though?

Moira
12-Jan-10, 00:40
A good friend asked me last November,"can ye remember yer first post on Caithness Org?"
<snip>
Can ye all remember yours?

Actually............
No I can't but I have no doubt it was deep and profound and caused everyone to scratch their heads in puzzlement for weeks.....

Ok, I've been wrong before and no doubt will be proved so again. :lol:

ShelleyCowie
12-Jan-10, 00:53
i think mines was selling something lol. Cant actually remember! But i aint been here long but iv no shut up since then really [lol]

Yes i am chatty if you meet me in person, takes a while for me to get to know someone. Once i do...im a blabber box.

How has my OH lived with me for 3 years? :eek: I'll never know! :lol:

joxville
12-Jan-10, 18:56

Woohoo, I found it. :) The thread was asking what you would wish for that was possibly attainable:

joxville
13-Apr-08, 16:12
1. I wish I could afford to move back to Thurso to be close to my son.
2. I wish I could find someone to accept me as I am.
3. I wish people would just live and let live
4. I wish we didn't need wishes.

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jan-10, 20:59
I can well remember my first post on here.

Weeboyagee was in Lithuania and my mum had not heard from him. I was telling a friend how she was worried about Weeboyagee and was told he was safe and well and posting on the org.

I registered and made my first post printed below along with his reply :lol:

:confused wee boyagee your mammy will skelp your but if ye dinna contact her soon leave e bird watching for a minute and try to call home .Will collect you myself and nag you all the way home if not i dont have a boat but will borrow one if needed
weeboyagee
06-Oct-05, 08:39
Morning blundering Alice - phoned home so Mammy is happy! Nice birds hereboy, very nice birds - they seem to be very nocturnal - the nicest varieties (birds of paradise, cockatoos and love birds) come out at night, most of them seem to have just hatched, very colourful and wonderful plumage - the turkeys, hens, ducks and big fat geese tend to be out more during the day. ;) Every now and then you see the odd cuckoo.

Ive been annoying him on the org ever since.

joxville
12-Jan-10, 21:03
I can well remember my first post on here.

Weeboyagee was in Lithuania and my mum had not heard from him. I was telling a friend how she was worried about Weeboyagee and was told he was safe and well and posting on the org.

I registered and made my first post printed below along with his reply

wee boyagee your mammy will skelp your but if ye dinna contact her soon leave e bird watching for a minute and try to call home .Will collect you myself and nag you all the way home if not i dont have a boat but will borrow one if needed
weeboyagee
06-Oct-05, 08:39
Morning blundering Alice - phoned home so Mammy is happy! Nice birds hereboy, very nice birds - they seem to be very nocturnal - the nicest varieties (birds of paradise, cockatoos and love birds) come out at night, most of them seem to have just hatched, very colourful and wonderful plumage - the turkeys, hens, ducks and big fat geese tend to be out more during the day. Every now and then you see the odd cuckoo.

Ive been annoying him on the org ever since.

Not just WBG. :roll:

[lol]

riggerboy
12-Jan-10, 21:11
o i mind my first post on here well, i got suspended for it so i cant say it again,
it was about a bloke who didnt ge a job offshore and his wife was a bit put out, she blamed it on him not having a criminal record, if i mind the words right it was something like

" o but if your a no good drunk with a criminal record and drink in hagers you`ll get a job with (company name) no problem, but if you a good upstanding citizen no you wont get the job you deserve,

anyway i replied and got suspended for the first but not the last,

first infraction was about the price of coal, and folks wanting it for nothing

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jan-10, 22:02
Not just WBG. :roll:

[lol]

AH but jox you love it go on admit it! You love it............... :Razz