PDA

View Full Version : I'm fine thank you, no need for panic ;)

mentallywinnie
11-Jan-10, 06:27
To whom it may concern (if you read this!)
I had a knock on the door on Friday morning and when I answered it there were 2 policemen standing there..my heart went into my mouth with fear at the possibilty of a lost or injured loved one..
The Officer told me not to panic (yeah right!) but one of my neighbours was worried that my Christmas tree lights had been on for several days and they hadn't seen me! (I did go out on Thursday morning and let the heating engineer in later that day too)
I told him I was fine except for a small cold and that the concerned neighbour would have more to worry about later as I was taking my tree down that day hehehe! (Ok it was later than 12th night, maybe that's why they panicked?!?)
But. seriously I would like to thank the neighbour concerned, they told me that the neighbour only left a phone number..no name so I don't know who it was either!
Thank you!

floyed
11-Jan-10, 08:00
Thats good you have very observant neighbours or very nosey ones lol (im joking):)

Really tho its nice to know that someone is looking out for you, there is loads of stories of people lying for days, months without anyone noticing. Well done your neighbour:D

mentallywinnie
11-Jan-10, 08:31
Zaccaly just wish I knew who deserved the box of Roses!

cuddlepop
11-Jan-10, 10:32
Its good to know you have such caring neighbours.
Our old lady next door is very independent so darent ask her if she needs assistance so we listen out for her rattling her fire in the morning.:)

horseman
11-Jan-10, 11:39
Good post Win.:)

ks
11-Jan-10, 11:45
That was nice of them but would it not have been easier for them to knock on your door and check with you unless they were unable to get out themselves!

floyed
11-Jan-10, 13:34
That was nice of them but would it not have been easier for them to knock on your door and check with you unless they were unable to get out themselves!

Maybe they were scared of what they would find??

Phill
11-Jan-10, 13:47
I bet they just had their eyes on your Gnomes and were waiting to pounce!

George Brims
11-Jan-10, 22:15
Maybe they were worried your tree was drying out and would catch fire, and start a big enough blaze to take out their house too.

annemarie482
12-Jan-10, 00:03
in my old house, a few years ago i left my gold coloured twinkly tree lights on overnight......
(forgotten to switch off due to a good night out and a few xmas bevvies!)
only to be awoken by my elderly neighbours
who had seen "flames" flickering up the walls of my living room and panicked.
good on them for coming to save me!
slapped wrist to me for scaring two pensioners out they're beds in the early hours in the snow! oops!

riggerboy
12-Jan-10, 13:46
Zaccaly just wish I knew who deserved the box of Roses!

look i dont want to give to much away but it was me and you can drop the roses round anytime and for christ sake will ye place take all the milk from your doorstep