PDA

View Full Version : School tomorrow?

Jenni
10-Jan-10, 23:28
My daughter has informed me that Thurso High School will not be open tomorrow as the boiler is not working and they don't expect school to be on until Thursday. Can anyone confirm this please?

Rheghead
10-Jan-10, 23:34
As of now I think it is wishful thinking unless your daughter has a hot news report from the janitor.

gollach
10-Jan-10, 23:37
Get up to date school closure information at

http://www.schoolclosures.highlandschools.org.uk/

Cobblynob
10-Jan-10, 23:39
not sure why you would ask here when there is an accepted method of getting proper information? The school closure number is 08700546999 then enter pin for high school 041230 then enter 1 for severe weather information. The latest message said they are hoping to open but will leave a message by seven thirty am monday.

Jenni
11-Jan-10, 00:17
I don't have the number for severe weather warnings so thought I would ask on here as usually the folks of the org are so helpful. Thanks for the number, I will note it down and check in the morning.

over-the-ord
11-Jan-10, 08:21
mfr has its open, but no transport running! :roll: so my daughter has a day off

kriklah
11-Jan-10, 08:39
my 2 will be pleased, tho i did think i could be mean and drive them in myself!!![evil] just waiting to confirm halkirk primary is open before getting the little ones up

braalterr903
11-Jan-10, 08:54
halkirk open but no transport

cuddlepop
11-Jan-10, 09:21
I know how remote some of the communitys are up there so buses are essential for transporting kids to school.

By stating the buses wont be available doesnt that mean there is doubt over the safety for driving?

Just how many kids are going to turn up,when our buses are cancelled you end up with half a high school so teaching is limited.:confused

stekar
11-Jan-10, 17:45
My son went to catch the bus for Thurso High this morning, which arrived on time, and the bus driver told him there was no school today. So he came back home.

Checked the Highland Council School Closure site, which stated it was shut because of no transport for country pupils!

Confused, definately.

The bus went past our house as usual thisafternoon too.