PDA

View Full Version : Technology

Caithness Lass
10-Jan-10, 20:43
I love technology but sometimes Im not convinced about its reliability. I have an iPod which can tell me (through the internet) what the weather is like outside. Normally its very accurate but right now its trying to tell me its -18 in Thurso. Not too sure... Anyone else with the same probllem?

cuddlepop
10-Jan-10, 20:51
I love technology but sometimes Im not convinced about its reliability. I have an iPod which can tell me (through the internet) what the weather is like outside. Normally its very accurate but right now its trying to tell me its -18 in Thurso. Not too sure... Anyone else with the same probllem?

Well ceefax said it was -11 today in Inverness so maybe its right.:eek:

Technology isnt that what the weather forecasters used to tell us we were going to have a mild wet winter......:lol:

tonkatojo
10-Jan-10, 20:56
many years ago I had an old ford anglia 100e square one , basic everything in it 65mpg I used to get nowt went wrong and they all these super douper cars of today are better Hmm.

sevenfortyseven
10-Jan-10, 21:13
Its definately cold out there but thats seems a bit too cold! Have given up with weather forecasts as it seems everytime in the last month theyve said there will be no snow its snowed (and quite a bit!) and vice versa. Tugmistress is pretty accurate tho.

Kodiak
10-Jan-10, 21:26
I had a look at Tugmistress's Weather Web Page and there is shows the Minimum Temp was -6.1 C and that is in Scrabster and I do not think it would have been much colder in Thurso.

I think that is a bit more accurate, here is the link to her Page :-

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=2

Bobinovich
10-Jan-10, 22:40
On our way home from Inverness earlier my car recorded a temperature of -11.5 centigrade on the Stainland straight :eek: