PDA

View Full Version : Gnome with no home

LRM
10-Jan-10, 17:16
my doorbell rang at 4 o'clock this morning and on the doorstep was a gnome. Sadly he has lost his voice and can't tell me where he lives. If anyone has lost the little guy from their garden please send me a pm and I'll let you know where to find him.

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-10, 17:42
my doorbell rang at 4 o'clock this morning and on the doorstep was a gnome. Sadly he has lost his voice and can't tell me where he lives. If anyone has lost the little guy from their garden please send me a pm and I'll let you know where to find him.

Curiosity got the better of me and I had to go outside and check.:confused

Fran
10-Jan-10, 17:47
Maybe its a late christmas present...hope you took him in and warmed him up, poor little gnome.

Rheghead
10-Jan-10, 18:58
I hope I don't get a gnome. I have an irrational fear because my mother used to say to me, "If you don't behave I'll put you in a gnome". :p :o

Liz
10-Jan-10, 19:51
Maybe he's a gnomead?:lol:

dirdyweeker
10-Jan-10, 19:57
were you sober when you opened the door?:lol:

Blarney
10-Jan-10, 20:09
Hmmmm, I wonder if we are related?? I'm surprised that he managed to reach the door bell though; we are not generally known to be tall enough to do that.:D

Caithness Lass
10-Jan-10, 20:23
I just find this really funny. I've heard of gnomes who go missing and wander off and vanish. Never one that turns up on someone elses doorstep! Young people thinking of new ideas to try and annoy us

changilass
10-Jan-10, 20:25
He must have a catapult hidden about his person and used that to hit the doorbell with with a pebble.

tonkatojo
10-Jan-10, 21:11
Hmmmm, I wonder if we are related?? I'm surprised that he managed to reach the door bell though; we are not generally known to be tall enough to do that.:D

This reminds me of a fantastic joke, but I dare not post it LOL.

Phill
10-Jan-10, 21:38
I just find this really funny. I've heard of gnomes who go missing and wander off and vanish. Never one that turns up on someone elses doorstep!

Oh I don't know, I've heard tales of Gnomes and other wee things going on world tours, sending postcards from all manner of different places.

:cool:[evil]

ŠAmethyst
10-Jan-10, 22:39
Oh I don't know, I've heard tales of Gnomes and other wee things going on world tours, sending postcards from all manner of different places.

:cool:[evil]

Reminds me of the film Amile... I think my favourite part of that film is the bit with the gnome... :)

Blarney
10-Jan-10, 22:44
Yes Tonks I think I've heard that one too and can assure you that it IS possible ;)

dogman
10-Jan-10, 22:58

Maybe he used his fishing rod to press the button.

EDDIE
10-Jan-10, 23:41

You better watch that somebody doesnt target you for a laugh and does it again

Whitewater
11-Jan-10, 00:10
Poor gnome must have got lost. We had a next door neighbour who had a garden full of gnomes, the same two used to always disappear for 2 to 3 weeks every year,always returned with a sun tan which used to wear off after a week or two, I think the kids used a mixture of cocoa and water and put it on fairly thick. Once they even returned with a baby gnome. I wonder where they went that time?????

northener
11-Jan-10, 10:40
Bloody door-to-door Gnomes.

Had one trying to sell me some artwork the other day, had a piece of paper which he showed me. It said he only spoke Gnomese and he was selling his own work to raise money for University.

mentallywinnie
11-Jan-10, 15:44
In the summer when Albyn were painting our garden fences., I went outside to have a chat with the workmen...
I then noticed a small grey stone/resin cat ornament in one of my plant pots..
Workmen denied putting it there, I'd been away for 2 weeks and hadn't been in the back graden for ages so I don't know how long it had been there...
It's still sitting in the pot now..didn't think it worthy of a call to the boys in blue!
If anyone has lost it since about June/July in the high Ormlie area let me know coz I know only too well what it's like to lose 'real-life' cats so would probably feel similar if I'd bought this for my garden!

Never crossed my mind (till reading this post) to appeal to the owner on here...sorry!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jan-10, 15:49
Maybe he's a Gnome fae Home.Take a picture of him and make posters to put on all the trees in your neighbourhood.If this disnae work,use the internet and go into compare the gnomehat.com.[lol][lol]

Turquoise
11-Jan-10, 17:53
Gnome pinching is a really horrible thing to do!! Our gnome was in the garden for over 20 years before some thief decided to pinch him. We never saw him again and that really gets me angry! Maybe someone should start a new website called 'Gnomes Reunited' to make sure owners get their beloved gnomes back!

pat
11-Jan-10, 21:19
Gnome wanted to come in to the warmth for a wee while to defrost the little bits, stop them from falling off, knew had found a soft touch with you.

Keep it warm it may be the Magic Genie when defrosted.

George Brims
11-Jan-10, 21:58

"I rang the doorbell didn't I?" That the one you were thinking of?

over-the-ord
11-Jan-10, 22:13
LRM - could it be a neighbour with one too many? on the way home from a night out found the wee man and got mixed up with what house he belongs, as one does with for sale signs! [lol]

Blarney
11-Jan-10, 23:09
I'm sure that he was a part of the family Turquoise and I send my condolences. The Gnomes Reunited website is a really good idea and might help some of my mates to get back to their real homes.....it's no fun being an orphan stuck on a freezing cold toadstool in this weather:~(