PDA

View Full Version : Shelina Spice Takeaway (Thurso)

kel24
10-Jan-10, 00:25
Hi guys

Tonight me and a friend decided to get a takeway from shelina spice up by ormlie. We had been plenty of times before and always found it very good.

Tonight however there were two new girls on the counter. One who was actually very pleasant but the other was extremely rude. We thought maybe she was related to the owners..?

When we went in there was a few young boys standing at the counter. We hadn't noticed but the door did not swing shut behind us and was still open ajar. The young girl seemed to be staring at us and laughing with the young boys.

Obviously there was some 'in joke' about nobody closing the door behind them as it was cold outside but we couldn't figure out what the joke was as we hadn't been in long enough to say or do anything!

It was pretty clear that the girl was just getting the banter with the boys but to be honest it was extremely childish and rude. Had she said "do you mind closing the door" we wouldnt have minded but we genuinely hadnt noticed. I did reach over and shut the door but never got a thankyou for it.

It felt more like they were having a joke at our expense which made us feel uncomfortable and to be frank quite unwelcome. The girl is obviously quite young and maybe does not know how to look after customers but over the years we have spent quite a bit in there.

On the other hand the staff in the halkirk takeway seem very pleasant and in future we shall be getting our food from there!

fingalmacool
10-Jan-10, 00:34
Yep I went there last week and felt that she needs to get some training in customer relations
Shame really cause it will have an affect on custom I believe:confused

sevenfortyseven
10-Jan-10, 00:42
I had EXACTLY the same experience there tonight! Will definately not be spending money there again! Also the chefs whites they had the girls dressed in were filthy and looked like they hadn't been washed in a fortnight! Disgusting!

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-10, 00:45
There is nothing worse than poor customer service for loosing business.:confused

We had our Indian takeaway from Tesco tonight and although I have had the Micky taken out of me on more than one occation on here for saying it, but I have not had a better one yet, in Wick.:Razz

kel24
10-Jan-10, 00:50
I'm glad i wasn't the only one to have a bad experience in there, thought about it later on and it did cross my mind that i may have been a little paranoid, but obviously not! I also noticed the whites the girls were wearing (more like filthy greys!), this is awul as they are the ones greeting the customers, this also could start to give the takeaway a bad reputation, which is sad and unfortunate as i have happily ordered food from there for the past 5 years!

Stavro
10-Jan-10, 00:50
The girl is obviously quite young and maybe does not know how to look after customers but over the years we have spent quite a bit in there.

Perhaps she doesn't realize that her thoughtless behaviour is downright rude and selfish too.

american gal
10-Jan-10, 01:00
i always find them nice the girles that is. the men there well a little prrvvvyyy comes to mind i just dont go there i go to halkirk its much better food and servise.:D

kel24
10-Jan-10, 01:01
There is nothing worse than poor customer service for loosing business.:confused

We had our Indian takeaway from Tesco tonight and although I have had the Micky taken out of me on more than one occation on here for saying it, but I have not had a better one yet, in Wick.:Razz

Have to totally agree with u, there is nothing wrong with a takeaway from the supermarket. for me personally it's quite nice as a treat to go to one of the takeaways, maybe i'll stick to the supermarket myself in the future!

Kel :)

shazzap
10-Jan-10, 01:04
Have to totally agree with u, there is nothing wrong with a takeaway from the supermarket. for me personally it's quite nice as a treat to go to one of the takeaways, maybe i'll stick to the supermarket myself in the future!

Kel :)

Have tried quite a few take aways here, and have to say i prefer my own home made curry. Can't comment on the one mentioned in this thread as i have never been.

kel24
10-Jan-10, 01:07
i always find them nice the girles that is. the men there well a little prrvvvyyy comes to mind i just dont go there i go to halkirk its much better food and servise.:D

As i said before, one of the girls was very pleasant but the other was not! i have never found the male staff to be pervy at all before, just very friendly and always look happy.

Metalattakk
10-Jan-10, 02:03
Some of you people should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves, ripping the knitting out of a defenceless wee lassie.

How brave you are.

sevenfortyseven
10-Jan-10, 03:20
Some of you people should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves, ripping the knitting out of a defenceless wee lassie.

I doubt anyone intended to hurt the girl but her attitude clearly stinks and it has to be said. And anyway by the sounds of it she had no problem 'ripping the knitting' out of 'defenceless' customers. Not exactly representing the business well!

Metalattakk
10-Jan-10, 03:53
I doubt anyone intended to hurt the girl but her attitude clearly stinks and it has to be said.

No, it doesn't have to be said, especially here on a public forum where the lassie in question has no probable avenue to redress the balance of opinion. Her reputation is basically being hung out to dry by faceless internet bullies.

The proper avenue for complainants is to address the business in question.

sevenfortyseven
10-Jan-10, 04:35
Well I can't speak for everyone but I think the point was to draw attention to appaling customer service at a local business which is entirely appropriate for a public forum such as this. The representitive of the business was just part of the story which I think kel24 was quite right in telling. There is no harm in warning people about things like this.

I for one take offence at being branded an 'internet bully', and as for complaining to the business directly how do you know no one has done this already or intends to first thing in the morning??

telfordstar
10-Jan-10, 11:06

mmm the chicken tikka massala outo tescos is beautiful.

Mik.M.
10-Jan-10, 12:09
The owners only need send a message to Mr Fernie about the thread and "Hey Presto" thread disappears. We are not allowed to criticise bad customer service.

Gronnuck
10-Jan-10, 12:40

Here here! :lol: Tesco's Indian meals are great and work out much cheaper than buying from a Take-away.