PDA

View Full Version : Beaver.

shazzap
10-Jan-10, 00:05
Something Tonkatojo said to me on here about leading a sheltered life.
Though he couldn't be further off the mark, with the life i have had and the jobs i have done.

Well it got me thinking about one time when i went into work wearing a very nice tee-shirt which had the word Beaver on it.

All my work mates started laughing,[lol] i couldn't for the life of me think why.:roll:
They just kept going on about Beaver.
I eventually found out that this is a word used for a ladies private parts.
Now i am no prude but have never heard it called this before.:eek:It put me off the tee i can tell you.
Has anyone else had something like this happen to them.

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-10, 00:13
I suppose with it being Elvis Presley's birthday, it would not be inappropriate to post this one.:lol:

naked-gun-nice-beaver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCL-ELRxg)

Kathy@watten
10-Jan-10, 00:45
Oh yes I recall an incident of clothing embarassment for a friend of mine, she worked quite high up for HBos and was doing a presentation for women in business, all smartly dressed you know suit and stuff, but as an under garment she was wearing the t-shirt I had got for her when we went up west on a day out before her wedding, the venue had shoddy air con and tempratures soared and everyone was stripped of their jackets...well everyone bar her, her t-shirt was from Tongue gift shop and declared her love for the afore mentioned place, this would have been inappropriate in the setting so she had to sweat it out! How I laughed when she told me this!

joxville
10-Jan-10, 00:45
The one I saw last weekend must have been thirsty cos it's tongue was hanging out. ;)

shazzap
10-Jan-10, 00:58
Just wanted to bring a little light hearted banter to the Org.:)

tonkatojo
10-Jan-10, 01:12
Though he couldn't be further off the mark, with the life i have had and the jobs i have done.

Well it got me thinking about one time when i went into work wearing a very nice tee-shirt which had the word Beaver on it.

All my work mates started laughing,[lol] i couldn't for the life of me think why.:roll:
Now i am no prude but have never heard it called this before.:eek:It put me off the tee i can tell you.

Hmmmm, I thought that referred to a dark brunette only LOL, well you live and learn huh.

shazzap
10-Jan-10, 01:21
Another thing is sayings. It is surprising how they can differ within just a few miles.

when i was at work one day a male colleague was talking about going out on the town that night.

I said to him.
Are you going bagging off.

He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I explained that where i grew up it meant.
Out on the pull.

What do you say?

tonkatojo
10-Jan-10, 01:23
Another thing is sayings. It is surprising how they can differ within just a few miles.

when i was at work one day a male colleague was talking about going out on the town that night.

I said to him.

He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I explained that where i grew up it meant.
Out on the pull.

What do you say?

Sadly those days are a distant memory, but we called it the "rantan" LOL.

shazzap
10-Jan-10, 01:32
Sadly those days are a distant memory, but we called it the "rantan" LOL.

Rantan.
Now thats an unusual one.
Memories ahhhhhh.

Dusty
10-Jan-10, 03:07
When I was in the Merchant Navy, some of the naughtier sailors used to say that they were off ashore for a Bag-Off.
Perhaps if I had spent less time on my stamp collection, I might have learned what they were on about! [lol]

Bazeye
10-Jan-10, 04:21
Oh yes I recall an incident of clothing embarassment for a friend of mine, she worked quite high up for HBos and was doing a presentation for women in business, all smartly dressed you know suit and stuff, but as an under garment she was wearing the t-shirt I had got for her when we went up west on a day out before her wedding, the venue had shoddy air con and tempratures soared and everyone was stripped of their jackets...well everyone bar her, her t-shirt was from Tongue gift shop and declared her love for the afore mentioned place, this would have been inappropriate in the setting so she had to sweat it out! How I laughed when she told me this!

If ever you get a souvenir T shirt from Cockermouth in the Lake District dont wear it in Canal St in Manchester. (Unless you like that sort of thing):lol:

Ricco
10-Jan-10, 09:01

Ah, the mind-set of the male, eh! On a lighter note I once saw a brilliant T on a well endowed lady that had a poignant phrase printed across the front: "Twin Life Support Systems"

dogman
10-Jan-10, 23:15
I must admit the word beaver makes me laugh. It reminds me of a sketch from Bo Selecta with the rubber faced version of Mel B.

Phill
10-Jan-10, 23:22
If ever you get a souvenir T shirt from Cockermouth in the Lake District dont wear it in Canal St in Manchester.

Why? :confused

Do they like wet T shirt competitions there?

ywindythesecond
11-Jan-10, 00:20
I saw a poster advertising beer in New Zealand.

It said;

Ahh Summer.

The tops come off, and the jugs come out.

Invisible
11-Jan-10, 14:42
I'm sure Frank Mcavennie would support the introduction of wild Beaver

Mrs Bucket
11-Jan-10, 17:44

I said to him.

Out on the pull.

What do you say?
Ive heard it referred to as winchan I cant explain

Turquoise
11-Jan-10, 17:46
Ive heard it referred to as winchan I cant explain

Possibly with reference to winching?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jan-10, 18:03
A beaver is a wee beastie wi two big front teeth.Another saying of beaver,is for a wummins*****JUST TRY AND GO THERE CEDRIC*****.The Caithness word for a womans bitties has already been said.I have truly learned.[lol][lol]

George Brims
11-Jan-10, 22:29
A certain Scottish comic on American TV got a big laugh recently talking about beavers being re-introduced to the UK, and the fact that a European beaver is quite a bit bigger than an American one. "That's why I moved here" he said.

And then there's the first picture on this link.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/esarcasm/the-worlds-funniest-compa_b_418936.html

Leanne
11-Jan-10, 22:57
If ever you get a souvenir T shirt from Cockermouth in the Lake District dont wear it in Canal Street in Manchester. (Unless you like that sort of thing):lol:

Did you know that someone has tippexed the C and S out of that street sign? Makes me chuckle!!!!