PDA

View Full Version : Watten Showroom?

Angel
09-Jan-10, 00:07
O.K. So what is Watten Showroom... what does it show? there are toys in the window with old furniture behind it as well as what appears to be some old cars. The place never seems to be open and the people I ask say it's some sort of con thing going on...

Can anyone enlighted me...

Angel...

joxville
09-Jan-10, 00:19
It's the Caithness IKEA for asylum seekers. ;)

Kathy@watten
09-Jan-10, 00:37
As a local to Watten, I have never actually been in there but in the interest of Org satisfaction will endeavour to pay the place a wee visit and will report back my findings.............will be in touch!

steeko
09-Jan-10, 00:51
I dont think it is a con.

superceltic
09-Jan-10, 01:39
Place is open on Saturday afternoons 1pm to 4pm i think, they sell antique furniture, ornaments, collectable toys ie corgi models and other items, i know the gentleman who owns it and he is a lovely person and this is certainly not a con

Gronnuck
09-Jan-10, 08:24
OH and I visited the showroom last autumn. We found a pleasant older gentleman selling off lots of traditional furniture and die-cast collectable toys. We got the impression that he had 'downsized' and was selling off things that he could not find room for in his new home.
Most of the collectables were priced at slightly below what they would fetch on the wider market. Much of the furniture appeared good quality, very traditional and more suited to a larger post-war family home.
A con - I don't think so, just someone who has a lifetime's worth of bits and pieces who would like to make a little money in retirement.

catherine nicol
09-Jan-10, 12:32
I wondered if it was a second hand sale room and if the owner bought and then sold on items. or if it was similar to the auction room that used to be at Barrogill Hall.

I have items to sell and was considering taking them out to Watten but maybe I had better take a visit out there first and check with the owner.

Are there any regular car boot sales around Wick?

Are there any auction rooms around Wick?

upolian
09-Jan-10, 13:38
i really havnt a clue when its open and people never seem to know,i was in it once last year,there were a couple of vintage cars,collectable corgi-cars/lorries.....the prices were x3/x4 what they are going for on ebay......the furniture in my opinion was expensive,but iam no antiques expert.....if i see it open i will ask opening times etc etc

superceltic
19-Jan-10, 19:31
i really havnt a clue when its open and people never seem to know,i was in it once last year,there were a couple of vintage cars,collectable corgi-cars/lorries.....the prices were x3/x4 what they are going for on ebay......the furniture in my opinion was expensive,but iam no antiques expert.....if i see it open i will ask opening times etc etc
OPENING TIMES ARE 12PM-4PM SAT, not sure about friday they use to open on friday before christmas but not sure def open on a saturday, as you stated you are no expert in my opinion i didnt find the prices high felt they were fair for quality of goods on sale

upolian
19-Jan-10, 19:32
OPENING TIMES ARE 12PM-4PM SAT, not sure about friday they use to open on friday before christmas but not sure def open on a saturday, as you stated you are no expert in my opinion i didnt find the prices high felt they were fair for quality of goods on sale

diff person's arent we.... the corgi models are going for more than half price on ebay,very fairly priced:lol:

froal
19-Jan-10, 20:57
Use to be a Horsey shop but didn't last very long ! :(

ChuckBuscuits
19-Jan-10, 22:20
used to be a garage,then was an auction house

superceltic
19-Jan-10, 22:21
diff person's arent we.... the corgi models are going for more than half price on ebay,very fairly priced:lol:

Are corgi models on ebay genuine corgi models, do they have authentic documents, are they in mint condition??????????, depends what you are looking for i prefer to see goods prior to purchasing but each to there own,everyone has choice of where to purchase goods,
gentleman in watten show rooms has lot of knowledge etc on the models. i actually firstly responded to this thread as someone asked was Watten show rooms a con which it certainly is not and feel the comment made is very unfair to the gentleman who owns and sells goods in the premises in watten on saturdays

upolian
19-Jan-10, 22:48
Are corgi models on ebay genuine corgi models, do they have authentic documents, are they in mint condition??????????, depends what you are looking for i prefer to see goods prior to purchasing but each to there own,everyone has choice of where to purchase goods,
gentleman in watten show rooms has lot of knowledge etc on the models. i actually firstly responded to this thread as someone asked was Watten show rooms a con which it certainly is not and feel the comment made is very unfair to the gentleman who owns and sells goods in the premises in watten on saturdays

are his genuine?documentation?

superceltic
19-Jan-10, 22:56
are his genuine?documentation?
yes they are genuine and yes they do have documentation, if you call into watten on sat afternoon am sure gentleman will show you collection, documentation etc i have purchased several corgi models from him and they are all in mint condition with relevant documentation. Hope you find the time to go and visit watten show room and speak to the gentleman am sure you will then agree that he is a lovely genuine person with vast knowledge of antiques, corgi's etc

Angel
25-Jan-10, 23:03
I to, have actually visited the showroom whilst passing one Saturday afternoon (thanks to superceltic) and found the man there to be very nice and pleasant. So I apologise for any upset caused this was not my intention.

And I will never listen to these people again!

Angel...