PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.....

Vistravi
08-Jan-10, 22:58
When coming out of wee tescos in inverness At the junction the car in front got stuck in the ice. His back wheels was spinning like mad. He was going nowhere. My partner stops the car and gets out to help the guy get unstuck. I stayed in the car just in case a traffic warden or a police officer came along and demanded to know what was happening and partly because i was of no use to the other driver as assisstance anyway.

Literally two seconds later after my partner had got out of the car to help the driver in front of us the driver behind us beeped his horns. I flicked on the hazzard lights but they kept on beeping their horn. Eventually they moved round us and got out as did other cars. Luckily enough that particualar junction is always busy going out but never going in so the other drivers got out that way.

I honestly can not believe the lack of compassion some other people seem to have for other people. My partner is always willing to lend a hand to anyone who is stuck in the snow and ice and often we have gone somewhere and ended up there for an extra half hour to an hour sometimes helping someone get their vehicle free. Our road is particualarly bad as its on a estate and my partner is always out helping our neighbours out as soon as he hears them and peeks out the window to see them stuck. Our neighbours helped us so much with our van when we could not get out of the snow that day and are always willing to lend a hand when we need some help. We have a great sense of community on out road alone. It is just a shame that this does not extend to situations in ness or anywhere where helping someone out who is stuck and cannot move their vehicle. Yes it was on a junction but the driver couldn't help that. The man did tell my partner he was ok after he fetched a spade to break the ice so he could get out but was very thankfull for the offer as my partner was the only one who had offered to help him.

Tubthumper
09-Jan-10, 00:06
That's Inverness folk for you, Vis!

ŠAmethyst
09-Jan-10, 00:11
Good on your partner to help someone that was stuck!

Got off the train in Thurso tonight thinking 'wow this is warm'... compared to Inverness today - I think it is!

As a kid, all our neighbours knew each other in Inverness - as time has gone by I feel like the town has been trying to adopt a 'big city attitude' :(

Vistravi
09-Jan-10, 00:21
Good on your partner to help someone that was stuck!

Got off the train in Thurso tonight thinking 'wow this is warm'... compared to Inverness today - I think it is!

As a kid, all our neighbours knew each other in Inverness - as time has gone by I feel like the town has been trying to adopt a 'big city attitude' :(

Defintly. I used to think inverness was big before we moved here but as i got to know the different areas i realised its quite small or my idea of big changed. Thurso is tiny, particuarly a village to me now as i am used to ness to me being classed as a town. I've lived or been everywhere but in inshes and culldoeen. I used to live near inshes though.
If our flat was bigger and suitable for having a child in then we'd stay. I'll be sad to go as the neighbours are so good here and we know everyone on our road.

My partner is someone who won't drive off without asking if someone who is stuck needs help. Our car is pretty good in the snow so we find our road managable to get up and down but we know that there is a few of our neighbours that struggle at times.