PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Mods

loganbiffy
08-Jan-10, 08:14
Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my Mexican Strat over the next few weeks and I have already chose the pickups I'm putting in it:

Neck: Dimarzio Air Norton S

Mid: Dimarzio Chopper

Bridge: Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Now this is going to end up being a beefy sounding Strat, I'm also gonna put 500k pots in it.
The one thing that concerns me is the 2nd Tone control on the Strat right now doesn't seem to work. From 0 to 10 when you turn it nothing happens, this never used to be like this.
Any ideas what's happened? Maybe just the wire has gone? The Strat is from 1997.

Olin
08-Jan-10, 11:08
I'm sure I used that at a gig once?

Lmao!

I remember Marc saying "for some reason that doesn't work"

Just go by that no? lol

loganbiffy
08-Jan-10, 12:11
I'm sure I used that at a gig once?

Lmao!

I remember Marc saying "for some reason that doesn't work"

Just go by that no? lol

Yeah that's the same Strat Olin, sounds awful with the stock pickups now, but once upgraded with the pickups and pots should give it a new lease of life. They are some seriously powerful pickups so it will hopefully be good enough for recording. :)

Phoebus_Apollo
08-Jan-10, 12:49
Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my Mexican Strat over the next few weeks and I have already chose the pickups I'm putting in it:

Neck: Dimarzio Air Norton S

Mid: Dimarzio Chopper

Bridge: Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Now this is going to end up being a beefy sounding Strat, I'm also gonna put 500k pots in it.
The one thing that concerns me is the 2nd Tone control on the Strat right now doesn't seem to work. From 0 to 10 when you turn it nothing happens, this never used to be like this.
Any ideas what's happened? Maybe just the wire has gone? The Strat is from 1997.

That is going to sound awesome - but you might want to retrofit a SSC to reduce potential hummmmmmm....;)

loganbiffy
08-Jan-10, 13:31
That is going to sound awesome - but you might want to retrofit a SSC to reduce potential hummmmmmm....;)

Hopefully will sound sick man.
I play a lot of dirty/heavy riffs so this will be perfect for my style :)

Can't wait lol.