PDA

View Full Version : anyone in need of help durring the cold spell

phil1958
07-Jan-10, 20:09
hi i think we should leave a message for anyone needing help or know of anyone we can help wihile this cold weather is around so if anyone needs or know of anyone in need please leave a message here and where you live and we orgers can see if anyone close can help out .....

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 20:18
hi i think we should leave a message for anyone needing help or know of anyone we can help wihile this cold weather is around so if anyone needs or know of anyone in need please leave a message here and where you live and we orgers can see if anyone close can help out .....

Good idea phil1958.

I have a small calor gas bottle with a torch attached, if anyone has frozen pipes.

taffy
07-Jan-10, 21:44
Great idea if there is anyone in the Lybster area who needs shopping doing:roll: or anything else that I can do to help just reply to this post.

horseman
07-Jan-10, 22:22
Well done you guys.:)

ŠAmethyst
07-Jan-10, 22:38
I don't plan on being in the county tomorrow, but if anyone requries any help within Thurso (I know there isn't a great deal of snow on the roads in town but I'd be happy to go to the shop etc for someone less able than I) over the weekend I'd be happy to help. Feel free to IM.

I've been worried for a few people I've seen slipping around on the ice. Would hate to see anyone take a nasty fall.

BINBOB
07-Jan-10, 23:06
I don't plan on being in the county tomorrow, but if anyone requries any help within Thurso (I know there isn't a great deal of snow on the roads in town but I'd be happy to go to the shop etc for someone less able than I) over the weekend I'd be happy to help. Feel free to IM.

I've been worried for a few people I've seen slipping around on the ice. Would hate to see anyone take a nasty fall.

Very kind gesture.;)

BINBOB
07-Jan-10, 23:08

Very kind gesture...........;)I could not do without my neighbour helping me out,have not been out of the house for many days now.And Tesco deliveries are a god send.:D

BINBOB
07-Jan-10, 23:09
Great idea if there is anyone in the Lybster area who needs shopping doing:roll: or anything else that I can do to help just reply to this post.

Very kind offer.;)

ŠAmethyst
07-Jan-10, 23:10
Every little helps... oh wait, that slogan's already taken :p

joxville
07-Jan-10, 23:13
I need someone to go in and do my 5am shift, anyone available? :)

Thought not. :roll:

Actually, that's a great idea you've come up with phil, well deserved good rep on it's way to you.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 23:43
I need someone to go in and do my 5am shift, anyone available? :)

Okay where do I go and what do I need to wear ? :eek: or do you need Kevin with his chopper ? [lol]

jings00
07-Jan-10, 23:46
count me in.. i'm in thurso too.

Mr P Cannop
07-Jan-10, 23:53
and me too any one in thurso need any help ??

purplelady
07-Jan-10, 23:53
I am in wick anyone near cairndhunna needs help let me know can do shopping etc x

Boozeburglar
08-Jan-10, 02:05
If anyone needs a large hot water bottle I don't snore too loudly, and I make breakfast.

:)

Fran
08-Jan-10, 02:21
I live near Tesco and can shop for anyone daily.

achingale
08-Jan-10, 11:47
This is true Caithness spirit. What a brilliant idea Phil1958 and I am sure people appreciate this.

veekay
08-Jan-10, 12:09
We await the rallying call

Tugmistress
08-Jan-10, 12:33
Willing to help out too, i have a 4x4 and a good shovel, based in scrabster but will travel help with shopping, or path clearing etc.

crashbandicoot1979
08-Jan-10, 14:43
I live at Watten but come to Wick daily so can do shopping for anyone in the Watten area if needed.

viking
08-Jan-10, 19:18
I have a halogen heater and a convector heater if anyone needs them.

catherine nicol
08-Jan-10, 19:46
I live in Wick and am more than willing to come and do shopping or just come and provide some company to any of our elderly or disabled who have been house bound due to this bad weather spell.

I have a car so can travel or if you pm me I can take your shopping list and bring the items to you.

Been wondering who to contact to volunteer services to our less fortunate residents so well done Phil for kicking this off.

God bless.