PDA

View Full Version : French bulldog???

bullielove
07-Jan-10, 14:41
I think we may be having a new addition to our doggy pack (a treat for my birthday).

I would love a french bulldog. The nearest I have seen are in Dundee. I know this is a longshot but does anyone know anywhere else. i would love a rescue but these wee dogs dont really come up in rescue, not that i can see anyway

froal
08-Jan-10, 17:35
You need to try the Kennel club plus they should be able to put you in touch with a club in scotland too and the club should have a list of recommended Breeders but failing that Dundee is probably your best bet not a breed you see a lot of and i've only seen that breed when i go to Dog Shows ! hope this helps :D

Bookworm
08-Jan-10, 20:06
I concur with Froal's advice.
Check with The Kennel Club and the specific breed clubs.

brandy
08-Jan-10, 23:53
also a good website to look on is champdogs.co.uk

transit
09-Jan-10, 01:03
is a guy breeds them in orkney

Frith
11-Jan-10, 21:23
Have just got a breed rescue/welfare book from KC but have left it at work. Closest Frenchie rescue is yorkshire, but they may be able to put you in touch with people in scotland who are trying to rehome.

Will post the address tomorrow.

Frith
12-Jan-10, 14:13
French Bulldog Welfare trust
Mrs J Keates
40 Garth End Road
West Ayton
Scarborough
N Yorkshire
YO13 9JH
01723 863875

This is your best bet if you want to give a pedigree dog a second chance.

I have a whole book with the breed rescues for every breed, if anyone else is looking to give a pedigree dog a good home.

bullielove
12-Jan-10, 19:44
thanks everyone for your help. I have found a breeder in Aberdeenshire who may have a frenchie boy of good stock but im going to phone the rescue down south to make enquiries whether there are rescues available.

Thanks Frith that is really good to know as to be honest I would rather rescue if possible and reduce the chances of a healthy dog being put to sleep. wish me luck;)

Liz
12-Jan-10, 19:59
Good luck Bullielove and would be great if you could give a lovely home to one in rescue but if there are none then here's hoping the one in Aberdeenshire will be okay. How exciting!

bullielove
12-Jan-10, 22:29
Good luck Bullielove and would be great if you could give a lovely home to one in rescue but if there are none then here's hoping the one in Aberdeenshire will be okay. How exciting!

I phoned the rescue lady there is not many come into rescue and a waiting list as long as your arm. She then told me of a litter from a reputable breeder and guess where they were based.. Aberdeenshire, its the same person. My frenchie boy may not be long away, she 'may' have one boy, I guess what will be will be now. Ive completed the application so watch this space!

Liz
12-Jan-10, 23:34
I phoned the rescue lady there is not many come into rescue and a waiting list as long as your arm. She then told me of a litter from a reputable breeder and guess where they were based.. Aberdeenshire, its the same person. My frenchie boy may not be long away, she 'may' have one boy, I guess what will be will be now. Ive completed the application so watch this space!

Ah well it looks the Aberdeenshire boy is meant for you then!:D Hope so!

So good that there aren't many in rescue and there is a waiting list for those that are.

Rictina
13-Jan-10, 11:42
Oh WOW ! you must be so excited. Everything is for a reason in life. :)

jean
16-Jan-10, 17:16
aww theres an american bulldog in caithness SSPCA
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/animal/2227_storm
hope she gets her forever home soon. x

Jenni
16-Jan-10, 23:07
Hi Frith
Do you have any contact info on rescue centres for Westies? I would prefer as far North as possible to cut down on the travelling.
Thanks
Jenni

bullielove
17-Jan-10, 20:16
Hi Frith
Do you have any contact info on rescue centres for Westies? I would prefer as far North as possible to cut down on the travelling.
Thanks
Jenni

Westie Rehoming - Jacqueline Ferris-Woods, Swindon, Wilts - 01793 790695

Westie Rescue Scheme
Sandra Fowler, Yorkshire & Derbyshire - 01302 883335
Ted Hill, Yorkshire & Derbyshire - 01302 725525
Sue Waterman, Hampshire & Dorset - 01489 573759
Anna Flint, Surrey & Sussex - 01323 763260
Dave & Jane Johnson, Derbyshire - 01332 832180
Sue Steggall, Devon & Cornwall - 01395 279212
Daphne Lee, Kent - 01304 365573
Dorothy & Georgina Peacock, Somerset & Avon - 01749 870370

Email: enquiries@westierescuescheme.org.uk (enquiries@westierescuescheme.org.uk)

froal
17-Jan-10, 21:20
All the best on getting your new french bull dog be nice to see some photo's of him/her :D

Frith
18-Jan-10, 14:16
Hi Frith
Thanks
Jenni

Alison
Montrose/Aberdeenshire
01670 851196

Westie rescue scheme Scotland
0845 053 0338
www.westierescuescheme.org.uk (http://www.westierescuescheme.org.uk)

Margaret
Mid Lothian
0131 663 6679

Hope these help