PDA

View Full Version : smoked salmon ideas

sweep
07-Jan-10, 13:41
i was given a side of SS at christmas ( frozen) does anyone have tasty suggestions. maybe finger food or anything really. thanks.

poppett
07-Jan-10, 15:14
I make smoked salmon tagliatelli by adding philly with chives to a half pint of thick white sauce with the shredded smoked salmon added at the end to a packet of fresh tagliatelli. Good feed for four.

Lovely with scrambled eggs too

Or add to quiche or fish pie for added interest.

Also nice on abernethy or digestive biscuits on a spread of philly.

changilass
07-Jan-10, 15:25
Kedgeree made with smoked salmon is lovely.

Iffy
07-Jan-10, 21:55
I take it that the side of smoked salmon must be something just a wee bittie different for you, so here's a few suggestions as to what I quite often do with mine:-

1. Slice it very thinly and wrap, with mozzarella (buffalo is best) around some fresh peach slices - serve with a little salad and homemade dressing.

2. As someone else suggested, we quite often have it as a breakfast - along with scrambled eggs - a nice wee start to the day.

3. I often make smoked salmon pate - this is nice with oatcakes.

Whatever you make with it, I'm sure you'll find that you enjoy it - you never know - maybe next Christmas you'll have another side to experiment with again ;)

P/S I use my "mandolin" slicer for sides of smoked salmon - if you don't happen to have one then be very careful with your sharp knife!!

donnick
07-Jan-10, 22:27
hello not sure what is called ,but take puff pastry and roll out ,then mix ur s salmon with garlic cream cheese and tarragon( i used my blender and made it like a mouse also makes great dip at this point ) then lay out mixture on the pastry and fold over seal edges with egg and bake in oven yummy . you can make these to any size i made them in to small parcels and they were very yummy had to stop myself eating the lot :lol: