PDA

View Full Version : Someone in need of help...Latheron area...........?

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 12:32
Is there anyone in the Latheron area who knows of a nice kind person with a digger or tractor, or a contractor who clears roads who could help clear a path into my friends house ? ................ cash awaiting when you rescue her :lol:

She lives a mile up on the Smerral road and her track to the house is snowed in. As much as she loves being home with her two sons she would love to be able to get out at some point.
I suggested she stay put and rejoice, great excuse for not making it into work.:D

< Oh and it would be a bonus if you were tall dark handsome and could rescue her in a helicopter and whisk her away to warm island but then I suppose that only happens on TV. :Razz >

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 13:43
Is there anyone in the Latheron area who knows of a nice kind person with a digger or tractor, or a contractor who clears roads who could help clear a path into my friends house ? ................ cash awaiting when you rescue her

She lives a mile up on the Smerral road and her track to the house is snowed in. As much as she loves being home with her two sons she would love to be able to get out at some point.
I suggested she stay put and rejoice, great excuse for not making it into work.:D

< Oh and it would be a bonus if you were tall dark handsome and could rescue her in a helicopter and whisk her away to warm island but then I suppose that only happens on TV. :Razz >

My digger is in for repair, but my chopper is still functional, Whats the address.?;)

Venture
07-Jan-10, 14:02
My digger is in for repair, but my chopper is still functional, Whats the address.?;)
Don't forget your Milk Tray Kevin.;)

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 14:40

So are you offering to hire out your chopper for a cash reward...............:eek:

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 15:31
So are you offering to hire out your chopper for a cash reward...............:eek:

One lady owner, never raced or rallied.:lol:

Venture
07-Jan-10, 16:14
Good one Kevin, so it will be a case of "On your bike Alice."[lol]

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 17:20

They say never buy a car thats advertised as one lady owner as its probably had a hard lifeeven if it hasnt been rallied or raced. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 17:22

Alice isnt in need of Kevin and his chopper its her friend in Latheron who is stuck. ;) :lol:

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 19:49

LOL, I had better pack in this now, or it'll be me that needs digging out.:eek:

tonkatojo
07-Jan-10, 20:00
Alice isnt in need of Kevin and his chopper its her friend in Latheron who is stuck. ;) :lol:

Surely there must be some people with at least a JCB1 that could lend a hand in the area ??.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 20:07
She is still stuck in her house. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 20:49
Its okay Kevin your chopper offer is not needed any longer. :)

A big thankyou to the boys from Latheronwheel mains who arrived today and rescued the poor damsel in distress. :D

Its nice to see community spirit is alive and well.

horsegirl
07-Jan-10, 21:11
Thats my uncle to the rescue then. Glad to hear he was there to help. Was just going to suggest a call to him or one of the farmers near by to see if they coud help.

There is still some caring folk out there!!!

Always relay on your local farmers:):)

horseman
07-Jan-10, 22:29
Had a laugh at the innuendo, but the shining light came thru' at the end.:)

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 22:36
Innuendo..............I never noticed any. :Razz

I truly thought Kevin was going to save the day with his offer of the use of his big chopper a true hero ready to fly in and save the day ;) .................alas he was out done by a local farmer riding in on his tractor. Heros come in all shapes, sizes and forms of transport. :lol:

joxville
07-Jan-10, 23:17
Edit
Heros come in all shapes, sizes and forms of transport. :lol:

So is it okay for me to put my shovel and unicycle back in the shed?

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-10, 23:40
Edit

So is it okay for me to put my shovel and unicycle back in the shed?

Oh it may be wise to keep it handy for a wee while yet there may be another damsel in distress yet. :Razz

Fran
08-Jan-10, 02:24
My pal has been stuck in her house in inverness and none of the neighbours can get out either at burnbrae.