PDA

View Full Version : Jonathon Ross...

joxville
07-Jan-10, 11:47
...to leave the BBC. Finally, they've seen sense. Now if they could just get rid of Dale Winton, Graham Norton and Bruce Forsyth et al :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8445581.stm

Gronnuck
07-Jan-10, 11:56
...to leave the BBC. Finally, they've seen sense. Now if they could just get rid of Dale Winton, Graham Norton and Bruce Forsyth et al :)

Thank God. :lol:
As for the rest I'll second that motion. :eek:

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 11:57
I think his brand of humour (especially now he has to think twice about what he says) has long reached it's sell by date.
Lets hope for something new and refreshing to take his place.

Any ideas? ..... Someone who doesn't have to use foul mouth language to get a laugh would be good.

northener
07-Jan-10, 12:06
Given the current crop of boring plodders that inhabit the BBC, I think Ross will be missed. At least he never took himself seriously, which is more than can be said for a lot of his colleagues.

I'm waiting for the phone call at the moment........:Razz

Mik.M.
07-Jan-10, 12:10
But Mr N what would you do with 18 million pounds a year pay? Could you take the paycut?Mik.:lol:

Phill
07-Jan-10, 12:43
...to leave the BBC. Finally, they've seen sense. Now if they could just get rid of Dale Winton, Graham Norton and Bruce Forsyth et al

And replace them with who???

I don't mind wossy, and anyway he's only going to pop up on ITV or somewhere.

And Brucie, he's and institution, or is that he should be in one.

What does Dale Winton do? I don't recall seeing him for a while. And Graham Norton well he's entertaining for about 30 seconds and then I just get bored.

ShelleyCowie
07-Jan-10, 13:08
But i like Jonathon Ross :(

Hopefully he doesnt stay off the screen too long! He had me laughin for near 2 hours on the quiz of the year

northener
07-Jan-10, 13:29
But Mr N what would you do with 18 million pounds a year pay? Could you take the paycut?Mik.:lol:

To ease the pain of the licence payer, I'd take a 50% paycut. But if I cant swear on live radio, I aren't interested.

Phill
07-Jan-10, 13:48
To ease the pain of the licence payer, I'd take a 50% paycut. But if I cant swear on live radio, I aren't interested.

Now what's that line from Bo' selecta "Please don't say" what? "or "??

Ash
07-Jan-10, 14:03

Hopefully he doesnt stay off the screen too long! He had me laughin for near 2 hours on the quiz of the year

me too! i was in stitches watching that :)

Nacho
07-Jan-10, 14:13

but quiz of the year was on channel 4 where he can let his foppish hair down and be more risque.

he's a right crawly bum lick with his guests on his chat show , won't miss him or his contract for a second

who to replace him with ? ..... bring back Mrs Merton !

p.s. Dale popped up in one of those 'sell us your gold' adverts the other day :lol:

Jeid
07-Jan-10, 14:20

Who's seen sense? Ross? It isn't the BBC, he said he decided not to renegotiate his contract.

Russell Brand should replace him ;)

Kenn
07-Jan-10, 14:21
Yippee, get rid of the lot of them along with reality shows, lets have some proper programmes.

Alan16
07-Jan-10, 14:43

Personally I like Jonathan Ross - I think Friday Night With... is a very good and funny programme. As for the rest, by the sounds of the article, it seems Graham Norton might be taking over as the big chat show programme on the BBC.

cuthill
07-Jan-10, 14:56
He has given up his job that pays him 5-6 million a year,i think that is disgusting that anyone gets paid that much no matter what there job is,and we wonder how our tele licence is £160 a year,get rid of the lot of them.

weeksider
07-Jan-10, 15:31
Glad to see back of him ,over rated ,over payed and probably over to SKY NOW
Next on my Hit list of people to disappear from TV is Michelle Mcmanus & Jamie Redknapp

northener
07-Jan-10, 15:34
He has given up his job that pays him 5-6 million a year,i think that is disgusting that anyone gets paid that much no matter what there job is,and we wonder how our tele licence is £160 a year,get rid of the lot of them.

Aye, put everyone in the country on minimum wage............

Invisible
07-Jan-10, 15:40
Glad to see back of him ,over rated ,over payed and probably over to SKY NOW
Next on my Hit list of people to disappear from TV is Michelle Mcmanus & Jamie Redknapp

What's wrong with Jamie Redknapp?

Nacho
07-Jan-10, 16:30
What's wrong with Jamie Redknapp?

he's a charmless man

him and his missus are a poor man's posh n becks :confused

badger
07-Jan-10, 20:06
Yippee, get rid of the lot of them along with reality shows, lets have some proper programmes.
Yes please. Couldn't stand Ross - just the sound of his name made me switch off. Brand is just as bad. Too highly paid so think they can get away with anything. Too much rubbish on tv these days.

Blarney
07-Jan-10, 22:48
Yes please. Couldn't stand Ross - just the sound of his name made me switch off. Brand is just as bad. Too highly paid so think they can get away with anything. Too much rubbish on tv these days.

I take you mean Russell Brand and not Jo Brand. I cannot STAND the former but Jo makes me laugh just looking at her. She has got a self-deprecating humour that I find very funny....even though she can be quite crude at times.

Stack Rock
08-Jan-10, 00:00
When the revolution comes he'll be gritting roads with the rest of us !!!!!

Bazeye
08-Jan-10, 00:12
Hope Jonathan Ross never has to do time. He'll have to watch his R's then.

Bookworm
08-Jan-10, 20:37
I don't really care that he's decided not to negotiate his contract. I liked his shows when I watched them but I must say that he was really nice when I met him in the Airport lounge.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Jan-10, 20:55
Wossy was okay,bit hit and miss though.David Camerons face when Wossy asked him if he did some schoolboy pranks hearing Margaret Thatcher,classic!!!Graham Norton will take over.John Barrowman to take over Film 2010.Ant and Dec will stay with ITV.

P.S Septic Peg will make a comeback[lol][lol]

Ricco
08-Jan-10, 20:59
Wossy gone?? Well, I for one won't be sowwy. He had developed a dweadful sense of humour.