PDA

View Full Version : New stores. Good or bad for Wick.

2little2late
30-Apr-06, 13:01
Are the new stores good or bad for Wick.
You can cast your vote here.

ice box
30-Apr-06, 13:22

I think it's brilliant that the new shop are here it's about time we moved into the 21 century . It can only get better at least now i don't have to go to Inverness for certain size of screw or close for the kids it all on my door step :)

krieve
30-Apr-06, 13:28
Yes i think it can only be a good thing for wick! but if only it was matalan instead of the edinburgh woolen mill then i would'nt need to go to inverness again lol

wee_fuzzy_kitty
30-Apr-06, 15:05
The new shops are not a good idea for me, I went through yesterday and spent all my money!! :~( lol

But I really think the shops will be a great benefit for everyone, but Inverness is still there for a fun day away shopping!!! :p

coastown
30-Apr-06, 15:30
i think its good all the new shops coming to wick i also would have prefered mataland instead of the woolen mill cant have it all ways i suppose.

scorrie
30-Apr-06, 15:42

Err, how come the totals for votes cast are over 100%? Someone must be voting for both options. Better stick a don't know option in for those who seem confused ;o)

Rheghead
30-Apr-06, 15:47
Yes. They are long overdue.
Yes. But I will still need to shop in Inverness.
No. It will make no difference to the town.
No. I will still shop in Inverness anyway.

I am just a wee bit confused with the question, we could vote for anything and it could be interpreted in any way.

Saveman
30-Apr-06, 17:27
Perhaps "yes" means "Good" and "no" means "Bad."

Funky_Foal
30-Apr-06, 18:03
yeah i think it does

willowbankbear
30-Apr-06, 18:13
The new shops are not a good idea for me, I went through yesterday and spent all my money!! :~( lol

But I really think the shops will be a great benefit for everyone, but Inverness is still there for a fun day away shopping!!! :p

There are some thins that you just dont get in Wick, But it is good for the town having all the new shops. The other thing about going to Inverness is ye wouldnt stay in Wick if you were coming from Thurso,for a dirty weekend , whereas ye might if ye were going to Inverness

fred
30-Apr-06, 19:15
Err, how come the totals for votes cast are over 100%? Someone must be voting for both options. Better stick a don't know option in for those who seem confused ;o)

I think it has been proved that half the population of Wick are below average inteligence.

Perhaps that's the half that do polls.

phoenix
30-Apr-06, 19:39
Im a Wicker, I must be of the other half as I dont get the question. Are the new shops good or bad for Wick...........is there an answer to that one? :confused Maybe we could ask Zippy! :Razz

obiron
30-Apr-06, 19:43
[quote=fred]I think it has been proved that half the population of Wick are below average inteligence.

whit are you trying to say fred that some of us go around with our knuckles scraping the ground. lol

candyfloss
30-Apr-06, 20:10
I saw zippy in new look the other day spending loads of money, so i suppose zippy would say the new shops are a good idea[lol]

fred
30-Apr-06, 20:55
whit are you trying to say fred that some of us go around with our knuckles scraping the ground. lol

No, I'm saying that half the population of Wick are below average inteligence, it's true I'm affraid.

Bingobabe
30-Apr-06, 21:12
No, I'm saying that half the population of Wick are below average inteligence, it's true I'm affraid.

MMMMM not a very clever remark.

Carlo Gambino
30-Apr-06, 22:48

I find your statement a shade ignorant,arrogant, misleading and wholly ridiculously insulting Fred. Tongue in cheek?
Disgraceful

fred
30-Apr-06, 23:35
I find your statement a shade ignorant,arrogant, misleading and wholly ridiculously insulting Fred. Tongue in cheek?
Disgraceful

It's a well known fact.

JAWS
01-May-06, 00:27
That goes for any centre of population, if half were not below average and half above then it wouldn't be the average.

Just goes to show that Wick is a fairly normal place populated by a normal cross-section of society!

RGB
01-May-06, 00:33
Given freds inability to spell words containing more than 1 syllable, he should possibly refrain from commenting on the intelligence, or lack of it, of people hailing from the Royal Burgh?

Rheghead
01-May-06, 09:19
I am afraid that Fred is right, half the population of Wick is below average intelligence, same as anywhere else. And half the population of Wick is above average intelligence, at least it is if we used the mathematical dataset from the population from Wick. Where the average intelligence of the average Wicker is in relation to the UK average is open to conjecture...

fred
01-May-06, 09:30
Given freds inability to spell words containing more than 1 syllable, he should possibly refrain from commenting on the intelligence, or lack of it, of people hailing from the Royal Burgh?

Ooooh look a spelling flame.

Do you feel better now?

pultneytooner
01-May-06, 09:51
Is intelligence normally distibuted?

fred
01-May-06, 10:21
That goes for any centre of population, if half were not below average and half above then it wouldn't be the average.

Just goes to show that Wick is a fairly normal place populated by a normal cross-section of society!

Yes normal people, same as anywhere else doing polls desperate to prove what isn't in dispute.

We all know that brain washing works, nobody has said it doesn't. It's ovious that firms wouldn't pay millions of pounds to a sports star, super model, pop star or actor if the trick of association didn't work on the human mind. It's obvious that firms wouldn't spend millions on TV adverts if repetition did not work, say something often enough it becomes true, show an Aladins cave of wonderfull things almost given away with smart polite young assistants rushing up to lick your boots, pretty pleasant smiling young girls on the checkout without a queue four times an hour and they forget all about the reality of getting your ankle bruised by the little old lady desperately trying to get a supermarket trolley to go in a straight line.

Back in the 60s if someone had told me that in 40 years time people would be spending more on a bottle of water than they do an a bottle of beer I'd have thought they were insane but there they are lined up on the supermarket shelves of today and people are buying them. Of course brain washing works, of course the population of Wick are overjoyed at the arrival of all these wonderful shops selling indispensible products at giveaway prices, of course they want to be associated with them they represent a heavenly society they want to be part of even if it is just an illusion created by the add men.

CocaCola is just water, colouring, flavouring, carbon dioxide, caffein and hype and with a bit more hype they can leave the sugar out and charge you more for it.

Chillie
01-May-06, 11:03
Yes normal people, same as anywhere else doing polls desperate to prove what isn't in dispute.

We all know that brain washing works, nobody has said it doesn't. It's ovious that firms wouldn't pay millions of pounds to a sports star, super model, pop star or actor if the trick of association didn't work on the human mind. It's obvious that firms wouldn't spend millions on TV adverts if repetition did not work, say something often enough it becomes true, show an Aladins cave of wonderfull things almost given away with smart polite young assistants rushing up to lick your boots, pretty pleasant smiling young girls on the checkout without a queue four times an hour and they forget all about the reality of getting your ankle bruised by the little old lady desperately trying to get a supermarket trolley to go in a straight line.

Back in the 60s if someone had told me that in 40 years time people would be spending more on a bottle of water than they do an a bottle of beer I'd have thought they were insane but there they are lined up on the supermarket shelves of today and people are buying them. Of course brain washing works, of course the population of Wick are overjoyed at the arrival of all these wonderful shops selling indispensible products at giveaway prices, of course they want to be associated with them they represent a heavenly society they want to be part of even if it is just an illusion created by the add men.

CocaCola is just water, colouring, flavouring, carbon dioxide, caffein and hype and with a bit more hype they can leave the sugar out and charge you more for it.

Fred, did you not get an ankle bruising when you were lined up in Lidls waiting to purchase your targa dvd recorder.[lol]

fred
01-May-06, 11:30
Fred, did you not get an ankle bruising when you were lined up in Lidls waiting to purchase your targa dvd recorder.[lol]

No but I bruised one or two.

2little2late
01-May-06, 12:04
Seeing as Fred is only on here to run the poll down this thread is now closed. Thanks to all those who voted.
At least we know what the majority of Wick want.