PDA

View Full Version : jive classes

ss.sv650
06-Jan-10, 22:48
when do they start again and where will they be ?? can anyone help as they were really good and i would be keen to start back again?

784pete
06-Jan-10, 22:50
Week starting 11th January
Monday Halkirk Youth Club Start 7:30
Tuesday Thurso Girl Guides Hall Start 7:00
Wednesday Wick Boys' Brigade Hall Start 7:00

Week starting 21st January
Thursday Golspie Fountain Hall Start 7:30

First half hour: Absolute Beginners Class (Free). A half hour to go over the
basics specifically for anyone who wants to see if Modern Jive is for them.
Followed by an hour Beginners Class. The absolute beginners are welcome to join in with the beginners.
Followed by an hour Improvers Class in Wick and Thurso for the more advanced dancers.

Modern Jive was introduced in the early nineteen eighties, drawing from many other well known dance styles as diverse as Swing, Rock and Roll and
Salsa. The biggest draw back of some dances is that you spend time and money learning the moves but then find there is nowhere to put what you
have learnt into practice. This is where Modern Jive comes into it’s own, because it can be danced to a huge variety of music from Rock
& Roll to Salsa, R & B to Country, Swing to Jazz and even to Reggae!!

This also means you can dance to a wide range of tempos, slow and easy with the more relaxed R & B music or, for the more energetic, the
faster Rock & Roll beats. Not only does the variety of music make Modern Jive more pleasurable to dance to but the basic footwork is
simple and easily learnt, even if you’ve two left feet!! You will rarely get bogged down with complicated or precise foot work
instructions, instead the emphasis is on learning moves as a whole. You will be able to dance at nearly any event you go to where music is
played, from family parties, weddings and when on holiday, dancing to music from the forties up to the new releases of today.

ss.sv650
08-Jan-10, 00:47
great thanks any one going to the halkirk or thurso ones then

pink25
08-Jan-10, 13:20
Thinking about going, possibly Thurso one - but have never been before....:(

ss.sv650
11-Jan-10, 14:24
thats the point if you go for the first half hour its free and you can try it out if you like stay if not off you go.

dont worry about partners Steve's helper in the Thurso and Halkirk classes dances both male and the womans parts

Pooch
12-Jan-10, 12:36
I know this sounds stupid but it is a couple thing?

porshiepoo
12-Jan-10, 15:58
I thought they also did Jive in Lybster village?

784pete
14-Jan-10, 17:44
I know this sounds stupid but it is a couple thing?

not at all my OH is the helper that dose both parts and she cant get me to go !!! 2 left feet so no its just a fun social thing and all welcome