PDA

View Full Version : Council Rent

sjr014
06-Jan-10, 22:40
Can any1 tell me what the 2 free weeks were over festive period not sure if im due rent this week or next week?

shazzap
06-Jan-10, 22:52
Can any1 tell me what the 2 free weeks were over festive period not sure if im due rent this week or next week?

It says on the website the two weeks they are shut but, they were not shut for two weeks. I would also be interested to know this please.

telfordstar
06-Jan-10, 22:55

This week is the first week back paying rent after the 2 free weeks.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Jan-10, 22:57
One things for sure ............ they will soon send you a letter telling you if you are late with the rent. Within days is it not ?

shazzap
06-Jan-10, 23:07
This week is the first week back paying rent after the 2 free weeks.

So the 21st & 28th Dec were free weeks?
How often are the rent reports sent out.

One things for sure ............ they will soon send you a letter telling you if you are late with the rent. Within days is it not ?

I always make sure i am infront.

Serenity
06-Jan-10, 23:11
Why not just phone them tomorrow?

bingo1
06-Jan-10, 23:15
Dinna worry if u owe this week an u dinna pay by friday there will be a letter on ur door mat saterday morning. They are good and demands but not forfilling ours lol:D

shazzap
06-Jan-10, 23:32
Dinna worry if u owe this week an u dinna pay by friday there will be a letter on ur door mat saterday morning. They are good and demands but not forfilling ours lol:D

Are they also psychic.

annemarie482
06-Jan-10, 23:45
i'm sure t used to be two at christmas and two at the financial year end march/april.

shazzap
06-Jan-10, 23:47
i'm sure t used to be two at christmas and two at the financial year end march/april.

It is, four in all.
They just don't state the actual weeks/dates.

sweetpea
07-Jan-10, 01:21
as far as I know it's free when you pay by DD, otherwise its worked out in your wekly payments by cash.

sjr014
07-Jan-10, 08:10
Yip i thought i was due rent this week! Sadly!

cuddlepop
07-Jan-10, 10:47
I pay mine by standing order and they took the money for the "free" two weeks so I wonder do I get that back?:confused

telfordstar
07-Jan-10, 11:29
So the 21st & 28th Dec were free weeks?
How often are the rent reports sent out.

I always make sure i am infront.

Yeah that was the two free weeks.

poppett
07-Jan-10, 13:18
CP rent by standing order should be for 48 weeks not 52, thus giving you the benefit of the two "free fortnights" together.

Sadly it has to be paid whatever way it works.

Dad has his on direct debit and that is calculated over twelve months with a calendar month due date. Unfortunately every so often he gets a computer generated letter telling him his rent is overdue as the council dates and bank dates do not always tally. A worry for old folk who don`t like debt letters.

cuddlepop
07-Jan-10, 14:58
CP rent by standing order should be for 48 weeks not 52, thus giving you the benefit of the two "free fortnights" together.

Sadly it has to be paid whatever way it works.

Dad has his on direct debit and that is calculated over twelve months with a calendar month due date. Unfortunately every so often he gets a computer generated letter telling him his rent is overdue as the council dates and bank dates do not always tally. A worry for old folk who don`t like debt letters.

Council are generating a cheque as we speak so I'll get my two free weeks abit later than usual.
If you pay by standing order it takes a week for the council to get payment so you have to pay two weeks in advance just so you dont generate a letter.:(

poppett
07-Jan-10, 15:06
Dad got a letter today threatening eviction for non payment of rent, because his pay-in date is 1st of month (council choice) there was the extended bank holiday and the finance dept in Inverness haven`t updated the system with the new input. Told to ignore the letter, but how many old folk would panic at this news and believe it to be true.

Computers have a lot to answer for.

Good news about the cheque CP

bingo1
07-Jan-10, 22:09
Are they also psychic.
Psychic i wouldnt say that but the majority of them i could find better words for lol