PDA

View Full Version : Why can't women switch off lights?

Errogie
06-Jan-10, 20:15
I don't know if it is just in my house but both mother and daughter seem incapable of turning off lights. Every excuse from I'm just going back into that room in five minutes to, it uses more power to switch it on again!

Does anyone else have this problem, is it just an inbuilt female habit down to their biology or am I the only person to be blessed with the habit? Have even threatened to take the bulbs out if any more lights left on in empty rooms but they don't take that seriously!

floyed
06-Jan-10, 20:18
In my house it is the opposite, OH half and son dont know how to turn of light switches:D Im all for saving electrity, they are who can use the most the quickest lol.

Leanne
06-Jan-10, 20:24
My Oh doesn't turn the lights off and every time I walk past one have to turn it off. I think it is people in general. Makes a difference when you pay the bill I find ;)

onecalledk
06-Jan-10, 20:27
in my house its other half and young son who constantly leave lights on, the house normally resembles a xmas tree of an evening ....

K

rich
06-Jan-10, 20:29
If you think electric light bulbs blazing away in empty rooms is irritating and wastefull then spare a thought for the situation in Canada where we have furnace powered central heating. A shuddering grinding of machinery in the basement is followed by whooshing heat through assorted gratings in the floor. Later there is a whooshing great hydro bill to be confronted but by that time the wife has whooshed off to Florida.
Men turn it down, women turn it up, it's a law of biology.....

changilass
06-Jan-10, 20:45
Rich when the wife gets a bitty older it will be the other way round. Hot fulshes save a fortune in heating costs lol.

I will admit to leaving lights on all over the place, sumat to do with not liking the dark lol.

horseman
06-Jan-10, 21:08
Common problem in our house that Errogie.Cann'y seem to cure it either.:)
Threaten to start charging them all rent --Bog off dad!!:(
Suppose I would moan a heck of a lot more if there was no leccy at all to turn on:)

ShelleyCowie
06-Jan-10, 21:10
Everyone in my house knows to switch off the lights, but im the only girl here, well outnumbered 4-1 :(

the landing light is always on in the evenings for the kids going to the loo tho.

Vistravi
06-Jan-10, 21:29
Complete opposite in our flat and every other house we've lived in together. My partner never turns of lights and is always putting the wrong ones on. I've told him that either he remembers which one is for where or i'll mark them! He gives me the excuse of oh i'm just going back in there in a minute all the time when it comes to the bathroom. It's not a gender problem is a person problem :roll:

secretsquirrel
06-Jan-10, 21:42
in my house its because they cannot see

Dadie
06-Jan-10, 21:49
My excuse is it takes ages for the lights in the livingroom, hallway and bedrooms to brighten up enough to see by since they were changed to energy saving bulbs...
They seem to take forever so if im just going to the kitchen and back there is no point switching off the livingroom lights and before we put Lauren upstairs to bed the upstairs hallway light has to go on for about 5 mins beforehand ....
It defies the defination of energy saving to me having to put on the lights before you need them.....

bingo1
06-Jan-10, 23:29
i dina think its just a woman thing as i canna get my oh or sont to turn a thing off i have to go to whatever room theyv been in to make sure lights r off lol

onecalledk
07-Jan-10, 00:28
what about other electrical items like Tvs that are left to entertain no one in a room all by themselves ?

K

Anne x
07-Jan-10, 00:33
In our house its OH who leaves on lights everywhere downstairs loo the worst followed by garage indoor lights and garden lit up like a beacon

joxville
07-Jan-10, 00:55
Errogie asks "Why can't women switch off lights?"

You know how nosey women are, they hate to be kept in the dark. :roll:

sweetpea
07-Jan-10, 01:05
I don't know if it is just in my house but both mother and daughter seem incapable of turning off lights. Every excuse from I'm just going back into that room in five minutes to, it uses more power to switch it on again!

Does anyone else have this problem, is it just an inbuilt female habit down to their biology or am I the only person to be blessed with the habit? Have even threatened to take the bulbs out if any more lights left on in empty rooms but they don't take that seriously!

Is it to do with your eyes?

Ricco
07-Jan-10, 10:16

Hi, Errogie. My wife does it as well. Even when she goes to work I find lights on when I come home. The comment that I get is that surely a light doens't use much energy - true but it multiplies with time!

Rich when the wife gets a bitty older it will be the other way round. Hot fulshes save a fortune in heating costs lol.

I will admit to leaving lights on all over the place, sumat to do with not liking the dark lol.

I look forward to that day! My wife got a heated wrap for Christmas... so she sits there coddled up in this wrap and then wants the fire on as well!

In our house its OH who leaves on lights everywhere downstairs loo the worst followed by garage indoor lights and garden lit up like a beacon

Yesterday the OH stated that it would be a good idea to not leave the garage door open to the kitchen as it cooled the kitchen down. I thought "excuse me??!! Who is it who leaves said door open!"

:lol:

The Angel Of Death
07-Jan-10, 11:16

Threaten to "off" a shoe or piece if clothing everytime you see a light on my betting is it stops after the first shoe ;)

oldmarine
07-Jan-10, 20:24
My Oh doesn't turn the lights off and every time I walk past one have to turn it off. I think it is people in general. Makes a difference when you pay the bill I find ;)

Leanne: I believe you have the answer to this dilemna. I pay the bills And I am always trying to find ways of saving money.

DRM
07-Jan-10, 22:28
She who must be Obeyed (She thinks!!!) Leaves lights on in every room and worse than that she will have 3 televisions going at the same time in different rooms on different channels and claim she is watching them???!!!