PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing, Disaster!!!!

Phill
05-Jan-10, 21:52
OK, more of the white stuff and the world is grinding to a halt.
Emergency services are stringently prioritising their responses, trains are coming off the rails but wait.....it gets worse......

Filming of Coronation Street is cancelled !!!! :eek::eek:

Worse still an indoor ski slope is closed due to snow! :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8441062.stm

upolian
05-Jan-10, 21:59
what will we do without coronation street:roll:

joxville
05-Jan-10, 22:01
what will we do without coronation street:roll:

Get a life perhaps? :eek:

upolian
05-Jan-10, 22:12
it would be a start[lol]

ShelleyCowie
05-Jan-10, 23:15
Coronation street wont be off the air anyways, the episodes shown now were filmed weeks-months ago. So we are safe....phew :Razz

upolian
05-Jan-10, 23:25
Coronation street wont be off the air anyways, the episodes shown now were filmed weeks-months ago. So we are safe....phew :Razz

cheers for the warning to stay away from ITV;)

Phill
05-Jan-10, 23:41

Aaaahh, but what happens in a few weeks? When your waitin' t' see what 'appens t' Alan Bradley. You'll be sat there with the tellybox on and all you'll get is the testcard.

shazzap
05-Jan-10, 23:48
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/pinklipspinkkisses/TCFscan_medium.jpg

Leanne
06-Jan-10, 00:07
Worse still an indoor ski slope is closed due to snow! :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8441062.stm

Closed due to an accident on the motorway (on which it sits) in which a man died and the motorway was closed :(

Best thing for Manchester is Coronation Street to stop filming. The show is cringeworthy. It makes me embarrassed to come from the area and that that is what the rest of the world thinks Manchester is like :eek:

Phill
06-Jan-10, 00:20
Closed due to an accident on the motorway (on which it sits) in which a man died and the motorway was closed

"Trafford indoor winter sports centre, the Chill Factore, closed because of the snow"

And it's blinkin' miles away from J25.
"The M60 remained closed at junction 25 on Tuesday afternoon for investigations into the fatal collision between two lorries."

Mr Whittaker won't be happy 'bout revenue loss.

Leanne
06-Jan-10, 00:22
"Trafford indoor winter sports centre, the Chill Factore, closed because of the snow"

And it's blinkin' miles away from J25.
"The M60 remained closed at junction 25 on Tuesday afternoon for investigations into the fatal collision between two lorries."

Mr Whittaker won't be happy 'bout revenue loss.

The whole ringroad was closed today as it was gridlock. It only takes an accident blocking a couple of lanes and you have a 20 mile car park...

Phill
06-Jan-10, 00:35
The whole ringroad was closed today as it was gridlock. It only takes an accident blocking a couple of lanes and you have a 20 mile car park...

M63 is a car park, spent more than enough time stickin' pins in me eyes through boredom on that bit of road.

"The Trafford Centre closed its doors at 4pm after only being able to open half its shops and restaurants at 12pm - two hours later than it was due to open."

Poor Mr Whittaker.

Leanne
06-Jan-10, 00:36
M63 is a car park, spent more than enough time stickin' pins in me eyes through boredom on that bit of road.

I don't miss it either! :) Even with the weather up here at least you are moving and there's no traffic lights!!!!!

BINBOB
06-Jan-10, 11:31
cheers for the warning to stay away from ITV;)

U have no taste...........:lol:;)

BINBOB
06-Jan-10, 11:34
Closed due to an accident on the motorway (on which it sits) in which a man died and the motorway was closed :(

Best thing for Manchester is Coronation Street to stop filming. The show is cringeworthy. It makes me embarrassed to come from the area and that that is what the rest of the world thinks Manchester is like :eek:

Know what u mean...River City,Monarch Of The Glen,Take The High Road have all made me CRINGE bigstyle.............not exactly life as I know it ,as a Scot.;)

Kenn
06-Jan-10, 11:42
What! Next you'll be saying the "White Heather Club," was just a sham.

golach
06-Jan-10, 11:52
Oh dear Leanne, you have shattered my life now, are you telling me that Corry is fiction?? I always assumed it was a snapshot on Engerland inner city life [lol]

Ricco
06-Jan-10, 16:18
Sitting here and watching the snow (still) falling reminds me of a ditty that we were taught in English in THS:
T'was in the month of Liverpool,
T'was in the city of July,
The rain was snowing heavily,
And the streets were very dry.

Thank you,
Netta (or did she teach RE?)
I shall always remember it.

Phill
06-Jan-10, 16:40
Oh dear Leanne, you have shattered my life now, are you telling me that Corry is fiction?? I always assumed it was a snapshot on Engerland inner city life [lol]

It's deffo a documentary, 'cos they certainly can't act!!

BINBOB
06-Jan-10, 16:49
What! Next you'll be saying the "White Heather Club," was just a sham.

Forgot that one..............yes,that too.;)

David Banks
06-Jan-10, 16:50
Sitting here and watching the snow (still) falling reminds me of a ditty that we were taught in English in THS:
T'was in the month of Liverpool,
T'was in the city of July,
The rain was snowing heavily,
And the streets were very dry.

Thank you,
Netta (or did she teach RE?)
I shall always remember it.

Pre 1965, we occasionally had Netta for English. She was from Reay I think.
RICCO, do tell us when you remember her from!