PDA

View Full Version : Junction at Thurso High/College

Katy
05-Jan-10, 21:18
Just wondering if anyone else has had any trouble with the junction opposite Thurso High/College.

We nearly had a accident there today as there was such a big hole in the road that we didn't notice because of all the snow.

There had been men working there before the holidays but have they just left the road like this or has all the frost/salt caused it to get worse?

Hope they get it fixed before someone does damage there car and have to fork out or has a accident.

Watch yourselves everyone if your going that way!

Katy xx

footie chick
05-Jan-10, 21:32
We went throught it today it should at least have a warning sign.

Mr P Cannop
05-Jan-10, 21:38
its the same in royal terrace Thurso big hole

daviddd
05-Jan-10, 21:44
The hole near the college is a disaster - my old car really feels it, and I must have nearly broke a spring this morning. I'm going to phone Transco tomorrow about it.

Katy
05-Jan-10, 21:49
Yeah there should be signs up at least.

My husband went out to the Gas Board and spoke to them but they said it was Wick.....

Kxx

Kodiak
06-Jan-10, 00:08
I presume you mean at the Bottom of Provost Cormack Road. You are correct the workmen just filled in the holes with sand and over time it has all washed away and now there is several large and deep holes which is a Danger.

Cars turning into this road take evasive action to miss the holes and they swerve into any oncoming traffic coming in the other direction. I am surprised there has not been a serious accident by now.

Katy
06-Jan-10, 10:40
I presume you mean at the Bottom of Provost Cormack Road. You are correct the workmen just filled in the holes with sand and over time it has all washed away and now there is several large and deep holes which is a Danger.

Cars turning into this road take evasive action to miss the holes and they swerve into any oncoming traffic coming in the other direction. I am surprised there has not been a serious accident by now.

I'm not sure what the street name is but you turn up to the shop?!

It is a serious danger alright and I can't believe they have been allowed to leave it like that.....who can we complain to about it anyone know?

Katy xx

ShelleyCowie
06-Jan-10, 10:57
I dont have a car but i know what bit you are on about because i go that way to my mums house.

As for the sand i saw people taking it, filling up buckets. Must of wanted it for their pavements :confused

Jeid
06-Jan-10, 11:07
The workmen were there until about 8pm on Christmas Eve. They filled the hole up so they didn't leave the road with traffic lights until they came back from holidays. I can imagine that this weather makes it difficult for holes to get filled in.

Bazeye
06-Jan-10, 18:27
Think yourselves lucky you dont live in Blackburn, Lancashire.

Stig
06-Jan-10, 21:05
Think yourselves lucky you dont live in Blackburn, Lancashire.
Thought about it. What now?

ks
06-Jan-10, 21:25
4000 holes!

willfal
06-Jan-10, 22:10
I called the council about this today, I have 2 damaged alloy wheels and after inspection from a local garage the side walls off the tyres are also damaged. I only bought the car 2 days ago.!!!!

Each wheel is around £200, then the tryes are £140 each. By the time i've had them sent to me and fitted the bill will be over £750.

I've taken pics off what can only be described as a crator in the road.

Other cars in the county must be damaged because off this.

The weather is no excuse to leave the road in that state.

highland red
06-Jan-10, 22:49
I have travelled into Thurso the last two days and today the gap in the road appeared to have worsened since yesterday. Maybe it's my imagination!

celtic1888
07-Jan-10, 02:01
Katy, you beat me to it!
I was going to post about this too!
The men spent two and a half weeks with long hold ups becasue of traffic lights and they just leave a huge dangerous hole in the road?! what use is that?
When i can a cross the road to miss out on it..

edayhouse
07-Jan-10, 08:48
i totally agree the road is a disgrace and is damaging my car!

anyone know when they are due to start work on it again?? Think i even prefer sitting at the traffic lights for 10-15 mins rather than the pot holes!

christina
07-Jan-10, 09:16
It was a local contractor that filled the whole in the road in. They do need to do something about it got a bit of a fright when I went over it the other day no warning nothing even a sign would do until it gets done again.

celtic1888
07-Jan-10, 13:48
the contractors have started working on it again today, noticed it as i went past and they have cornered off the little area meaning cars must use the other lane to get by it.

Katy
07-Jan-10, 13:55
Glad to hear they are back there today save anyone elses car getting damaged or a accident. They could have at least have signs up over the holidays or cones around it, i'm sure people wouldn't mind having to wait for other cars to pass in the other direction instead of damaging there cars!

Kxx

celtic1888
07-Jan-10, 17:45
The road has now been filled in and is safe again! thank god!

Katy
07-Jan-10, 17:51
Woohoo glad to hear it!! xx

celtic1888
07-Jan-10, 21:09
indeed, i dont think my old car could take much more beating from that bit of road!

dancingtaz13
07-Jan-10, 23:15
Who is we can talk to or make a complaint i should say about the craters in the road? Im in royal terrace and saw the workmen dig up across the road months ago and they filled the holes with what looks like loose gravel and now theres 2 huge b***dy holes in the road.
And this is what we pay our road tax for?? :mad:

Stig
09-Jan-10, 22:12
The road has now been filled in and is safe again! thank god!

And it is now breaking up again.

kitty
09-Jan-10, 22:33
I was up that road today and if thats it fixed then i'd hate to have seen what it was like before. My car is lowered and really feels the bumps like that but luckily because i'd already read this thread i was on the look out and with no cars coming the other way i was able to go round the holes.

AfternoonDelight
12-Jan-10, 13:11
A few months ago our front alloy was damaged after going in a huge hole in Union Street in Wick. I went on the council website and put in a complaint, told them I had taken pictures of the hole and the damage (which I did) and I would be sending the bill directly to the council. They passed it on to the office in Alness and two days later the hole had been filled in... with tar... funny that! :confused

Kodiak
12-Jan-10, 15:32
As of this Lunchtime the Workmen are back digging up the road again. The Traffic Lights are back and there is a Tailback down Ormlie Road to the Railway Station.

If you are going to High Ormlie or Ormlie I suggest you turn off and go around Ormlie Hill as this will save you sitting waiting for the lights.

Lets hope that when they finish what they are doing they repair the road properly.

poppett
12-Jan-10, 18:40
Didn`t know about them back there until I had been stuck in traffic queue for 20 minutes, going to Dunbar.