PDA

View Full Version : Way Inn Carvery

The Angel Of Death
29-Apr-06, 21:55
Anyone been or can give me an idea of what it was like ???

Is it a proper carvery where you can pick and choose what to have or is it a set menu where you can only pick a set meal ???

Am thinking about going there tomorrow if there is good reports

Cheers

cezzy1234
30-Apr-06, 11:58
hi yes its lovely i been there a few times and yes its like a propper cavery you can help yourself it lovely have a good meal

The Angel Of Death
30-Apr-06, 22:37
Well i was there today and to say i wasnt impressed at all !!!

The service was poor and as for a cavery i would have been as well having something off the normal menu all they had was choice of roast (beef lamb chicken) yorkshire puddings potatoes (boiled and roast) and 2 veg (peas and baby sweetcorn)

All other caverys i have been to have had the full works and you could go and help yourself not go and ask for more of what little they had

On top of that when asking for a bill we was told the waitress would go and get it and left for 10 mins only to be told to go and pay at the bar then the manager type bod (I think) says to go to the reception strangely enough it was almost like they didnt want to take the money

I would go back for a meal there because i think they do nice food on the pub menu but not till the cavery i would have been better off keeping spending my £10 on a pub meal atleast i might have got some change !!!

codex
30-Apr-06, 23:12
The Northern sands hotel do a carvery every sunday. But now that they no longer employ me i wouldnt know what its like now, now that i no longer prepare an garnish their starters and desserts... lol

changilass
30-Apr-06, 23:43
Carvery at the Highlander in Castletown has a good choice, you can help yourself, I have a very sweet tooth and had 2 puddings lol

golach
01-May-06, 09:38
Carvery at the Highlander in Castletown has a good choice, you can help yourself, I have a very sweet tooth and had 2 puddings lol
I can vouch for 'at, and she loves stuffing her face with "Crispy Aromatic Duck" too:lol: