PDA

View Full Version : Vision Express

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 12:52
I made an online appointment request for my son and it asks you if you would like am or pm,I chose am to fit in with a hospital appointment that my son had in raigmore that same day,the Inverness store then called me and said that they only see children after 4pm,I explained that I didnt want to have to wait around for 3 hours for him to be seen and wouldnt want to be driving home late evening in the present weather conditions we are having only to be told there was nothing they could do about it and would only take a booking from me if I made it for 4 pm,am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?There is NO mention of it on their website and no mention of it on the online booking form so why not put it there if they are determined not to take children before 4pm?Sorry I just needed to moan about the stupidity of it :roll:x

Billy Boy
05-Jan-10, 12:58
Little Miss BB had an eye test at vision express in Inverness at 9.30am & that was without an appointment, The staff couldn't of been more helpful and she got her new glasses within the hour.:confused

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 13:07
Yup my son has had his done there lots of times before early on in the morning and sometimes even just walking in and getting fitted in so thats why I cant understand why they are refusing this time?Head office just apoligised and sai they would send his last prescription on to me so I can go elsewhere x

Hoida
05-Jan-10, 14:05
We stopped going there for the same reason. Discovered the optician who used to work there , well one of them a young chap, is now in specsavers in Dingwall and he is excellent:cool:

Thumper
07-Jan-10, 12:32
Well they finally gave in and called me back and offered me an appointment at 1.30pm,not that much earlier but better than 4pm!x

Green_not_greed
07-Jan-10, 13:33
Should have gone to specsavers!

Seriously, I wouldn't touch VE with a bargepole. We used to use them, but I was absolutely disgusted when they tried to get my children (still at school) to sign bank mandates, without discussing it with us parents or explaining to the children what it meant. And this was not a one-off. So we went to Specsavers who are excellent.

Thumper
07-Jan-10, 13:45
Ah thats not good-although I did take my son to specsavers once but they dont pare down lenses mater of course they charge for that service and my wee lad needs very thick lenses so if they arent pared down they look awful!Must admit I am not very happy with VE so may look around for someone else who will put my kid first rather than the profits x