PDA

View Full Version : were is a good place to go out for dinner

opel
05-Jan-10, 11:27
were is a good place to go out for dinner in caithness?

poppett
05-Jan-10, 14:55
The Bay Owl at Dunbeath is lovely for dinners and indeed Sunday lunches.

Ulbster Arms Hotel in Halkirk does wonderful dinners and a Sunday lunch carvery which is excellent

Wickers World in Wick is our favourite lunchtime/breakfast venue tho.

trix
05-Jan-10, 16:36
ye cana beat a denner in 'e indian, at 'e bottom o' scalesburn, its til die for. i go nearly every seturday, ye get a three course meal for 6.99£.

its ace, an if ye dina manage it all they gie ye a dowgie bag til take home wi ye ;)

word o' warnin...if ye lek it hot, ask what chief is on...number one or number two.
number one is really (really) hot, i go wi a couple o' "die hard" guys an they can hardly cope wi chief number one.

me, i choost stick til a korma or a chasni....lamb tikka...mmmh, ma mooth is waterin at 'e thought. roll on 'e weekend :D

weeannie
05-Jan-10, 16:41
The Red Pepper at the Holburn hotel in Thurso is lovely for an evening meal

oldchemist
05-Jan-10, 17:35
Brown Trout in Watten if you are out in the sticks. (wait until the snow melts though)

ryrie
06-Jan-10, 19:41
The Bistro in Thurso is hard to beat! All locally produced food, absolutley Magic!!!:)

TanyaHorne
07-Jan-10, 21:52
i would highly recommend the station hotel in thurso. every time we have been there it has been fantastic

Fran
15-Jan-10, 02:14
The old smiddy inn in thrumster are excellent, and the Norseman hotel, Wick.

CLARABEL
15-Jan-10, 11:55
The Smiddy in Thrumster is lovely, also loooove the steak in the French Restaurant in Wick

shamrock2007
15-Jan-10, 13:44
have sent you a pm

20-Jan-10, 23:49
Brown Trout Hotel in Watten - excellent service and good menu.

Jenni
23-Jan-10, 00:18
My partner took me to the Upper Deck last week for my birthday and it was excellent. We both had steak and it was cooked to perfection with plenty of veg, chips etc.
Also was at Portlands recently and it also was excellent.