PDA

View Full Version : Road Conditions

opel
05-Jan-10, 10:12
Can anyone tell me please what the road conditions are today between Berriedale and Wick?

I dont know if its safe to leave the house !?

Many thanks in advance!

A_Usher
05-Jan-10, 10:31
Been snowing in Dunbeath, fairly deep in places.

annemarie482
05-Jan-10, 10:34
try the traffic scotland , live eyes.

groater
05-Jan-10, 10:38
no cameras between wick and berriedale?

annemarie482
05-Jan-10, 11:00
there's only i a bit north o berridale i'm afraid. they should get more!

groater
05-Jan-10, 11:04
south of berriedale at ousdale

captain chaos
05-Jan-10, 11:11
A9 now closed around Latheron due to Jack knifed lorry

upolian
05-Jan-10, 12:23
the roads arent looking healthy :(

i was on the phone to my mate last night he was crawling along brora area heading up here at 30/35mph at 10pm lastnight

drive safe.:)

lab
05-Jan-10, 12:34
Husband just been on the phone from the BT exchange in Berridale complete white out and stuck, cassymyre (excuse spelling) will be blocked for some time acording to the police, on the bright side if your in berridale and have problems with your phone 2 engineers stuck there and cant escape from your wrath lol

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 12:56
Just had gm distribution on the phone telling me the roads blocked and they cant deliver x

Just been on traffic scotland and it says road closed at latheron due to snow blockage so stay at home today if you can guys x

Scunner
05-Jan-10, 13:46
check Northern Constabulary website, reasonably up to date

rs 2k
05-Jan-10, 13:53
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:26:44 GMT
J001102
UPDATED ROAD REPORT 1115 HRS 05/01/09
*****THE FOLLOWING ROADS CLOSED TO SNOW******
A832 - Dingwall to Ullapool - Snowgates closed at Dundonnell and Braemore
A9 - Inverness to Wick - The Ord - Snowgates closed at Dunbeath and north of Helmsdale
B869 - Ullapool to Lochinver - Closed
A836 - Lairg to Tongue - Closed
B885 - Struan to Portree - Closed
A838 - Moyne - Closed
A838 - Gualin - Closed
A984 - Skiag Bridge - Closed
*****THE FOLLOWING ROADS ARE BADLY AFFECTED BY SNOW/ICE*****
Isle of Barra & Ardnamurchan Area
A82 at Corran Ferry closed in both directions due to a road traffic collision.
A9 at Slochd and Drummochter both areas badly affected by snow.

Copied and pasted from northern constabulary website

igglepiggle
05-Jan-10, 15:31
have you got a link for the above information?

charlie
05-Jan-10, 15:40
http://www.northern.police.uk/latest-news.htm

Then select the appropriate news item

Tugmistress
05-Jan-10, 16:11
The police one was last updated this morning, if you look at the traffic scotland website and click on current incidents it gives a fairly well up to date view of what's happening where, according to them the ord is now open, when i checked half an hour ago it was shut.

igglepiggle
05-Jan-10, 16:18
Thank you for the link

achingale
05-Jan-10, 16:21
This weather is really testing us all. If anyone HAS to travel, make sure you have supplies, everything from a torch, shovel and blankets to a flask of hot tea or coffee, biscuits, chocolate and fully charged mobile phone. Take care everybody.

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 16:26
This weather is really testing us all. If anyone HAS to travel, make sure you have supplies, everything from a torch, shovel and blankets to a flask of hot tea or coffee, biscuits, chocolate and fully charged mobile phone. Take care everybody.

You know I have always wondered what exactly conforms to the dont drive unless absolutely necessary rule? Does that include things like having to try and make it into work or what?I never have know when I can say-nope not going to try driving-and when I cant x

achingale
05-Jan-10, 16:32
You know I have always wondered what exactly conforms to the dont drive unless absolutely necessary rule? Does that include things like having to try and make it into work or what?I never have know when I can say-nope not going to try driving-and when I cant x

Definately. Most bosses do not want their employees to take unnecessary risks to get to work. If you can work from home then do so or if you have to use up a holiday - some bosses are not quite so understanding - then I am afraid you may have to. Never ever put yourself at risk Thumper. Even those in the emergency services have to use common sense when things get this bad.

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 16:37
I remember I used to work with a woman from Bettyhill and she always made it in for work,she took a snowsuit,thermos,shovel etc with her and I always thought she was mad for even trying to get in!Work seemed to think it was what she should do to ensure she made her shift x

achingale
05-Jan-10, 16:40
That is absolutely mad. As bad as that she should have stayed at home and to heck with work. If you are going out, take care and wrap up warmly x

Thumper
05-Jan-10, 16:43
Aww bless.luckily I havent got to go out today at all so spending my time trying to warm the house up to no avail!Also with my voluntary work, my boss is great at coming to get me when the roads are icy or snowy as he knows I hate driving in it so i am quite lucky really x

purplelady
06-Jan-10, 00:06
Like i sais in a pervouis post have a mate stuck down south he got to perth and had to go back to edinboro he was traveling by bus but my daughther who was driving got back ok she left early should have got her to give him a lift lol x