PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment

Murph
04-Jan-10, 21:18
Hi this is just a post wondering what entertaiment people want to see in wick. I was going to take stavros flatley to wick but they were only a short show and for the money they were wanting its not worth it. So if anyone could help that would be great thanks .

telfordstar
04-Jan-10, 21:24
How short of a show?

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 21:26
I would like to see the Saturdays, but im guessing they would charge alot

Murph
04-Jan-10, 21:43
The show was to dance twice of 4 mins session at one time. Then one hour of photos and speaking just a rip of it would be good to see but not worth that i dont think .

upolian
04-Jan-10, 21:45
cheryl cole would be good[lol]

Murph
04-Jan-10, 21:50
cheryl cole would be good[lol]
i total agree lol she might just be out of this price league maybe a tribute band.

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 21:52
i total agree lol she might just be out of this price league maybe a tribute band.

dont you need to have some form of talent to deserve a tribute band?

Murph
04-Jan-10, 21:54
dont you need to have some form of talent to deserve a tribute band?
do u listen to her music lol i just watch

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 21:55

ok good we are on the same page now. lol :lol:

shamrock2007
04-Jan-10, 22:07
what about the kings of leon tribute band

Murph
04-Jan-10, 22:36
what about the kings of leon tribute band
Yeh i have a tribute band for kings of leon ive got some clips to see wat u think of them upload them soon.

Aaldtimer
04-Jan-10, 22:45
What type of venue are you talking about Murph?

upolian
04-Jan-10, 23:12

+1

cheryl cole it is,ill just get her number for you.....:lol:

celtic1888
05-Jan-10, 01:35
Get Sergeant back up to Wick!! :D

crayola
05-Jan-10, 01:39
Hi this is just a post wondering what entertaiment people want to see in wick. I was going to take stavros flatley to wick but they were only a short show and for the money they were wanting its not worth it. So if anyone could help that would be great thanks .
I enjoy Stavro's posts on the org but I'm not sure I'd pay to see him perform onstage. What does he do?

Murph
05-Jan-10, 11:32
What type of venue are you talking about Murph?for smaller events it will be the francis street club and assembly rooms for bigger ones

Murph
05-Jan-10, 13:14
What does everyone think of Europe's No.1 Ronan Keating Tribute coming to wick with tickets priced at £10 a ticket. Let me no your thoughts

Murph
05-Jan-10, 13:27
What does everyone think of Europe's No.1 Ronan Keating Tribute coming to wick with tickets priced at £10 a ticket. Let me no your thoughts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVDDykvr7U8 thats the link to listen to him let me no if u like him he won Stars in there eyes.

upolian
05-Jan-10, 13:33
hes a good singer!

what about diana vickers that was in xfactor she should have won!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7eLjXRCKY

Murph
05-Jan-10, 14:07
hes a good singer!

what about diana vickers that was in xfactor she should have won!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7eLjXRCKY
yeh he is a really good singer yeh i have mailed diana vickers agent to see how much it is to take her up its always an idea that if the price is right there is no reason why not .

upolian
05-Jan-10, 14:11
yeh he is a really good singer yeh i have mailed diana vickers agent to see how much it is to take her up its always an idea that if the price is right there is no reason why not .

excellent!! i think her voice is amazing,why she hasnt been signed for a record deal is beyond me:confused or has she?

Murph
05-Jan-10, 14:23
excellent!! i think her voice is amazing,why she hasnt been signed for a record deal is beyond me:confused or has she?
yeh she probs has if yes then she will be real dear but u never no until u ask

Phill
05-Jan-10, 14:24
What about Burlesque !!

:cool:

Murph
05-Jan-10, 14:27
What about Burlesque !!

yeh everything is getting noted thanks for the ideas

upolian
05-Jan-10, 14:38
susan boyle would be a cracker:lol::lol:

purplelady
06-Jan-10, 00:13
think that would be good like ronan seen him live few yrs ago x just listened to him and i wud deff go and see him x

Blarney
06-Jan-10, 00:32
What about Burlesque !!

Settle now, settle. Don't know if Caithness is ready for such sophisticated entertainment yet - far less you old chap!

joxville
06-Jan-10, 00:38
There's a wee girl with a brilliant voice, I'm not sure if you've heard of her, her name is Katie Melua.

Phill
06-Jan-10, 00:40
Settle now, settle. Don't know if Caithness is ready for such sophisticated entertainment yet - far less you old chap!

My apologies.
I am sorry for such a stupid suggestion and I retract the remark fully. I have only myself to blame and I promise to be more considerate in future.

It was posted during a moment of distraction whilst I was feeling tired and emotional.

Anyway, what about strippe...........

redeyedtreefrog
06-Jan-10, 01:43
Some form of stand up comedy would be good, I'd pay good money to see Dara o'Briain.

mumof2
06-Jan-10, 15:51
comedy would be good, Dara is hilarious or Frankie Boyle. i love a good giggle! what about a dance act like diversity who won britains got talent.

redeyedtreefrog
06-Jan-10, 17:55
Tim Minchin would be great too, he's my favourite :D

horseman
06-Jan-10, 21:53
Top marks to you Murph.As one who spent an hour last night watching bbc alba,it was an article on the isle of Barra, an well good to-afraid any suggestions of mine would be well wide of the mark-but you are to be wished well,you seem to have the right idea on how to get to your audiance. Good luck an keep at it,some right good Caithness people have come good by using your straight at em attitude:)
Very good luck to you.

Serenity
06-Jan-10, 22:50
The OP has done nothing but suggest acts who came runners up on progs like x-factor etc. I do not know the entertainment business but surely it would be more cost effective to hire people with actual talent than paying insane amounts of money for some overly rated act who happened to appear on one of these shows?

dessie
06-Jan-10, 23:19
Nice to see someone showing a bit of interest in entertainment north of ness. I`d pay to see anyone... apart from the ladyboys of bangkok theres just no need! There are so may types of group you could cater for ie Stageshows/pantomine for the kids, tribute acts, comedians, hypnotist, live bands. Celebs will always make the big bucks but good for you showing a bit of interst!!

To go off on a tangent the extra events that were staged in Wick last year deserve a mention such as the mobile Ice rink, music in the park etc I heard there was talk of a mobile cinema???

Murph
07-Jan-10, 16:56
hi ppl thanks for all the quotes yeh all the xfactor ppl are a bit dear frankie boyle is about 13000 to come to wick . i have a very good billy connelly tribute act as well yeh is very good he does the tribute then he sings and after that he does a disco it lasts about 4 hours the ticket price will be £10 anyone intrested in that thanks

katarina
07-Jan-10, 20:11
The portland arms did very well over the christmas period with tribute bands and dinners. Meat loaf was sold out very quickly. we went to Elvis, and there were two, young elvis and older elvis. the younger one was the better of the two. but it was a brilliant night and I think we could do with something like that a bit more often through out the year. the old Dounreay club would make a brilliant venue - why has some one not taken it on?

Phill
07-Jan-10, 22:49
What's the comedy circuit like around here.
(besides the loons on here that is)

OK, so the bigger name acts will have a bigger fee obviously and I don't think there is the venues to cater for this (I may be wrong, (I'm talking cost v bums on seats here).

But what about a "Comedy Club" type event with a headlining act, an open mike session and up 'n coming acts section.

riggerboy
07-Jan-10, 23:32
do you think you could get bruce springsteen i would go to that in a shot,lol best of luck

Kodiak
08-Jan-10, 01:19
What about Burlesque !!

Yeah good Idea, ask some of the following Dancers :-

Amber Sweet
Amber Topaz
Ana Kissed
Angel LaVey
Burlesque Baby
Talloolah Love
Minsky Malone

You would get a good show with these Ladies.

Metalattakk
08-Jan-10, 03:54
i have a very good billy connelly tribute act as well yeh is very good he does the tribute then he sings and after that he does a disco it lasts about 4 hours the ticket price will be £10 anyone intrested in that thanks

All I've ever wanted in life is to see a Billy Connolly impersonator running a disco.

Shanty Mo, that's worth ten quid of anyone's money, eh? :roll:

Murph
08-Jan-10, 10:31
i am trying to make caithness a better place and you get childish ppl like that with there pointless comments that is why we dnt get anything up here is ppl like that that spoil it for everyone else dnt quote on here thanks . (metalattakk)

Metalattakk
08-Jan-10, 11:33
It could be argued, Murph, that it is attitudes like yours - you seem to think that a Billy Connolly look-a-like hosting a disco represents 'entertainment' worthy of 10 quid admission - that is 'spoiling it for everyone else'. Buck your ideas up, pal. What next, a Puppet Show?

Oh, and another thing, if all you wanted was a pat on the back for 'trying to make Caithness a better place' then I'm sorry, but this isn't the place to ask for it. This is an open forum, get used to receiving criticism for stupid ideas.

Murph
08-Jan-10, 15:16
It could be argued, Murph, that it is attitudes like yours - you seem to think that a Billy Connolly look-a-like hosting a disco represents 'entertainment' worthy of 10 quid admission - that is 'spoiling it for everyone else'. Buck your ideas up, pal. What next, a Puppet Show?

Oh, and another thing, if all you wanted was a pat on the back for 'trying to make Caithness a better place' then I'm sorry, but this isn't the place to ask for it. This is an open forum, get used to receiving criticism for stupid ideas.
for your info he does not just do discos do not quote on here again or all just report it no need for the things you are saying caithness is a boring place and will be if ppl like you keep putting every one and everything down. if you look at my add it is only ask if anyone is intrest so you are not so say no is it that hard .. ps the rest of comments are great thanks

Murph
08-Jan-10, 15:17
Please remove

redeyedtreefrog
08-Jan-10, 15:44
Please remove

If you mean remove the thread, why?

You can't get something removed because you dont like someone's comment.

I'm sure there are some people who'd like to see a Billy Connoly tribute, just because Metalattakk thinks it'd be a stupid idea doesnt mean you should throw a fit and remove a thread.

Kodiak
08-Jan-10, 18:31
Please remove

So Sad, If you really do want this thread removed, then you as the starter of this thread should be able to delete it and or Close it yourself. But in reality that would just be a bit childish.