PDA

View Full Version : Halifax online banking problems??

Kathy@watten
04-Jan-10, 16:41
Anyonelse having difficulty accessing their online banking? keeps geting to same point in the start up then progresses no further, would really like to get on and see how big a mess my finances are in after the Christmas spending. Don't really fancy a trip to the town to pay boring old bills when I normally do in plenty of time online.

shazzap
04-Jan-10, 16:47
Anyonelse having difficulty accessing their online banking? keeps geting to same point in the start up then progresses no further, would really like to get on and see how big a mess my finances are in after the Christmas spending. Don't really fancy a trip to the town to pay boring old bills when I normally do in plenty of time online.

I am getting through to my account but cannot access any facilities on it.
IE go to latest transactions etc.

bekisman
04-Jan-10, 16:58
Just checked a few minutes ago (they will be the last to know!)
Our Online Service

Online Availability
Our Online service is currently operating normally.
From time to time the service may be unavailable to allow us to undertake essential maintenance or improvements. We will always aim to provide advance notice of any unavailability. Please view this page at regular intervals to keep updated.

BINBOB
04-Jan-10, 17:02

Same problem here....have tried several times.

bekisman
04-Jan-10, 17:23
This could explain it: (Dated today)
A computer glitch means many customers of three major banks cannot access their accounts online today.
Many Barclays, Halifax and Bank of Scotland (Hbos) won't be able to check balances and transfer money via their computer.
Barclays and Hbos say the problems are sporadic so while some won't be able to access the website at all, others will have no problems
Banking sources suggest the huge volume of people checking their accounts on the first working day after the Christmas and new year break is the likely cause of the problem.
Hbos problems
The glitch has hit part of the Hbos arm of the Lloyds Banking Group which means Intelligent Finance customers could also experience delays, though Lloyds TSB customers are unaffected.
Anyone who receives a bank charge as a direct result of not being able to log-on and transfer money will have any refund request dealt with on a "case-by-case" basis.
It is still unclear when the problem will be rectified. Hbos adds its telephone and branch services are working normally.
An Hbos spokesman says: "Some customers may be experiencing problems logging in to Hbos online. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve the problem. Our branch and telephony services are unaffected."
MoneySavingExpert tried to log into the Halifax website at 2.30pm today, but the homepage did not load at all, let alone the account sign-in screen.
We had no problems getting to the Bank of Scotland, Birmingham Midshires or Intelligent Finance sign-in screens.
Barclays problems
Barclays says its online banking system was "slow" this morning. Many customers have complained on our forum of being unable to access their account at all.
We had no problems getting onto the Barclays homepage at 4pm today but we couldn't load the account sign-in page.
Like Hbos, Barclays says its telephone and branch services are unaffected.
A spokeswoman says: "We've restarted our servers and it appears response times are returning to normal."

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2010/01/halifax-hit-by-online-banking-glitch

rockyrider
04-Jan-10, 17:30
its still very slow 4.20pm.but is working

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 17:36
I could not get on at all this morning or afternoon, still some problems with it but i can get on.

shazzap
04-Jan-10, 18:39
Can now access accounts.

Kathy@watten
08-Jan-10, 15:02
Arghhh still can't do my online banking, do you think I would get away with using no online facilities and bad roads for not paying my bills?

BINBOB
08-Jan-10, 15:40
Arghhh still can't do my online banking, do you think I would get away with using no online facilities and bad roads for not paying my bills?

No..........but everything seems back to normal with my online banking.;)

Kathy@watten
08-Jan-10, 15:45
Seems to me I was having a blonde moment cos I am able to get online after all! Pants now I have to pay my visa bill!