PDA

View Full Version : Broadband

coreyjay
04-Jan-10, 15:41
Hi im currentley with bt but i want to change supplier i want to know who is the best. I have sky tv and sky talk and i could go with them for broadband but not sure if there any good, Any ideas

cheers
john

Kodiak
04-Jan-10, 16:05
I think the best advice you will get is this :-

Pay no attention to all the advice that you will be given as everyone thinks their ISP is the best.

Some will say BT, or Plusnet, or Orange, or Tiscali, or Tallk Talk, or SKY and so on, never ending names of ISP's.

You will get so much advice that in the end you will be no wiser than when you started. So good luck to you.

You will find this thread moved to recommendations shortly.

Kirdon
04-Jan-10, 16:54
I think the best advice you will get is this :-

Pay no attention to all the advice that you will be given as everyone thinks their ISP is the best.

Some will say BT, or Plusnet, or Orange, or Tiscali, or Tallk Talk, or SKY and so on, never ending names of ISP's.

You will get so much advice that in the end you will be no wiser than when you started. So good luck to you.

You will find this thread moved to recommendations shortly.

Best reply I have heard.

BINBOB
04-Jan-10, 17:01
PLUSNET FOR ME........never had any problems since joining over 2 years ago,unlike others I have suffered with.;)

Bazeye
04-Jan-10, 21:33
Just binned tiscali and now its Talk Talk. Far better.

NickInTheNorth
04-Jan-10, 22:14
Hi im currentley with bt but i want to change supplier i want to know who is the best. I have sky tv and sky talk and i could go with them for broadband but not sure if there any good, Any ideas

cheers
john

Take a look at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps.html some objectivity, personally I've now been with BT Broadband for about 4 years and never had a single problem with them. Others I know have had nothing but problems. And that tends to be the way with most ISP's.

Moonboots
05-Jan-10, 12:50
Some ISP's will be good for some while other people would be having major problems with them.

Basically you already have Sky Talk so why not go with them. If your happy with the service you get from them already with your calls... (Dont know if you have line rental wae them). They all use the same structure and its through BT. So it costs you roughly the same price as everyone else apart from the odd couple of pound.

Im wae Tiscali and havnt had a single fault with them. Before that it was Talk Talk and had loads of problems but mind you Talk Talk has bought Tiscali so god knows now lol..

viking
05-Jan-10, 18:11
I've had several and have found BT Broadband the best - by a mile. It's not the cheapest you can get but the few extra pounds are well worth it when you have a problem. Exceptionally helpful staff who will call you on your mobile if it's easier, remote assistance, free helpline and your call answered in a matter of seconds. In a word - FAB!

EDDIE
05-Jan-10, 18:31
Im with orange and there speed is slow compared to the vodaphone dongle im wanting to change but its a hasstle trying to get the mac code of them i used to be with bt before but i moved because i could get a better deal with somone else but sometimes cheaper isnt allways best.?
The thing is well do u really need sky really i have freeview it does the job for me?

Vistravi
05-Jan-10, 19:04
Zen internet is the by far the best. We looked through reviews and it ws Zen who provided more and had a better customer rating. Yes it's dear but its worth it as it is very good.

Hoida
05-Jan-10, 19:11
have to agree with BinBob Plus net have beeb good for us been with them over 2 years

daviddd
05-Jan-10, 20:39
have to agree with BinBob Plus net have beeb good for us been with them over 2 yearsme too - Plusnet is very reliable; no issues in 18 months.