PDA

View Full Version : What's For Dinner?

cherokee
04-Jan-10, 14:24
I know there was a thread on here some time back, asking what everyone was having for lunch, so I just thought I'd start one asking what you're all having for dinner, especially now that the turkey is all finished:lol: ?

I've just put the stock on for the chicken and mushroom risotto that I'm making for tonight's dinner.

Anyone having/making anything exciting for their dinner tonight ?

Mrs Bucket
04-Jan-10, 14:30
I know there was a thread on here some time back, asking what everyone was having for lunch, so I just thought I'd start one asking what you're all having for dinner, especially now that the turkey is all finished:lol: ?

I've just put the stock on for the chicken and mushroom risotto that I'm making for tonight's dinner.

Anyone having/making anything exciting for their dinner tonight ?
That sounds lovely what time is dinner. I dont eat much

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 14:34
Im having whatever i can find. Not done any shopping yet. :)

rs 2k
04-Jan-10, 14:37
Off to daughters tonight for dinner,think it is pork, can't wait, been living off microwave meals this last 3 days [lol]

we ran out of gas for the cooker on new years eve so not cooked anything since :D

Waiting for WD ross to re-open so i can get gas

Anyone know if its open today?

Can't be bothered going to town to find it shut!!!

cherokee
04-Jan-10, 14:55
That sounds lovely what time is dinner. I dont eat much

Thanks Mrs Bucket !

It is really nice although I don't follow a recipe, I just "wing it" !! ; my OH absolutely adores it and keeps asking me when I'm making it, so thought I'd treat him tonight !

Would 5.30 for 6pm suit you ? ;):D

devil's sidekick
04-Jan-10, 14:59
Off to daughters tonight for dinner,think it is pork, can't wait, been living off microwave meals this last 3 days [lol]

we ran out of gas for the cooker on new years eve so not cooked anything since :D

Waiting for WD ross to re-open so i can get gas

Anyone know if its open today?

Can't be bothered going to town to find it shut!!!
yes it is open today

rs 2k
04-Jan-10, 15:04
yes it is open today
Thanx for letting me know

Will get through for gas now

Cheers

devil's sidekick
04-Jan-10, 15:11
[quote=rs 2k;640236]Thanx for letting me know

Will get through for gas now

Cheers[/quote
no probs

shazzap
04-Jan-10, 15:14
Dinner is tea in our house.
Having windmill pie.:D

cherokee
04-Jan-10, 15:21
Dinner is tea in our house.
Having windmill pie.:D

Right, I've gotta show my ignorance here .....
What on earth is "Windmill Pie" ???:confused:confused

shazzap
04-Jan-10, 15:28
Right, I've gotta show my ignorance here .....
What on earth is "Windmill Pie" ???:confused:confused

If it goes around you get some;)

kriklah
04-Jan-10, 16:01
im knackered from de-tiling a bathroom all avo so its probly Kangeroo pie here, failing that theres Ifits & Bitzas

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 16:23
im knackered from de-tiling a bathroom all avo so its probly Kangeroo pie here, failing that theres Ifits & Bitzas

i think its gonna be ifits in my house tonight. :confused

sweetpea
04-Jan-10, 16:28
Homemade pizza here!

Mrs Bucket
04-Jan-10, 16:52
Thanks Mrs Bucket !

It is really nice although I don't follow a recipe, I just "wing it" !! ; my OH absolutely adores it and keeps asking me when I'm making it, so thought I'd treat him tonight !

Wnould 5.30 for 6pm suit you ? ;):D
Thats perfect I dont like eating too late. Shall I bring some wine

Lavenderblue2
04-Jan-10, 16:52
We had bacon, black pudding, egg, toast and tea at lunchtime.

After lunch I made a huge pan of soup, I also had some milk which was going out of date so I put a rice pudding in the oven. It's all cooking away nicely, so tonight we'll be having soup and pudding.

cuddlepop
04-Jan-10, 16:56
My mother use to say that we were having"bread @water" for dinner when she couldnt be bothered...not that we ever did.:lol:

We're defrosting the freezer so we're having steak pies.Daughter doesnt like chips so will have to boil up some new potatoes for her and stick the fryer on for us...its realy a cafe not a home I run.:roll:

onecalledk
04-Jan-10, 17:14
is home made tomato and red pepper soup followed by home made lasagne and salad ........

if i can get off the internet to make it

K

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 17:38
is home made tomato and red pepper soup followed by home made lasagne and salad ........

if i can get off the internet to make it

K

Im wantin til come to ur hoose! I love tomato and red pepper soup! :Razz

But i have managed to make a huge pan o lentil soup myself just now. Mmmm it smells good! :D

upolian
04-Jan-10, 17:43
mince n tatties

trix
04-Jan-10, 17:46
am gona make a wee pan o' soup for tomorrow an for enite iv decided on a bit o' fish, wi some peas an tatties. i mite even poach an eigg.....

gona wait til aboot 6 o' clock tho, see if i can make heid way o' 'iss beeg basket o' ironin first :roll:

if i hed plenty o' ££s i wid hire a maid....

oldchemist
04-Jan-10, 17:54
mince an' tatties here too - canna beat it.

shazzap
04-Jan-10, 18:01

My husband loves it. Afraid i can't say the same for myself.

trix
04-Jan-10, 18:04

only if its made wi 'e dough boys ;)

Angela
04-Jan-10, 18:04
Spaghetti and home made meatballs .... still have to make the meatballs....:roll:

poppett
04-Jan-10, 18:11
Beef olives tatties and veg tonight and meatballs tomorrow night.

Kenn
04-Jan-10, 18:17
I'll let you know if and when I get around to making anything.

trix
04-Jan-10, 18:20
I'll let you know if and when I get around to making anything.

spare bit o' fish goin in mine ;)

tonkatojo
04-Jan-10, 18:21
Mine will be something that goes "ding", a tasteless concoction that used to taste good before the diet people took all the taste out of it. :(

tonkatojo
04-Jan-10, 18:22
spare bit o' fish goin in mine ;)

Christ Trix PM me. ;)

goldenguernsey
04-Jan-10, 19:55
chilli and rice here

Blarney
04-Jan-10, 20:30
only if its made wi 'e dough boys ;)

........or try it with a white pudding.....mmmmm!!

Bazeye
04-Jan-10, 21:30
Back at work today so I'll be having half an hour.

Venture
04-Jan-10, 23:20
........or try it with a white pudding.....mmmmm!!
Have to agree with you there Blarney, far better than dough boys.;)

trix
04-Jan-10, 23:43
Have to agree with you there Blarney, far better than dough boys.;)

il put it til 'e test later in 'e week....ye seein 'iss dad :lol: :Razz

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 23:49
I had Sausage Casserole, but I only had lunch at 3 so wisna hungry for it

George Brims
05-Jan-10, 00:50
It will be pasta and meatballs in our house, thanks to the folk we had in the other night who didn't fancy the meatballs when they were on a fancy plate with wee sticks through them (note to self: check all wee sticks removed from meatballs before dumping in pasta sauce).

trix
05-Jan-10, 00:53
It will be pasta and meatballs in our house, thanks to the folk we had in the other night who didn't fancy the meatballs when they were on a fancy plate with wee sticks through them (note to self: check all wee sticks removed from meatballs before dumping in pasta sauce).

eh....so left overs then....in fact, ither peoples left overs :lol: :Razz

floyed
05-Jan-10, 16:14
We are having Home made Tattie soup tonight delicious:-)

Mrs Bucket
05-Jan-10, 16:21
My apologies Cherokee I didn’t make it last night owing to the weather. You lucky people had it all to yourselves yummy hope all enjoyed. I drank the wine with a cheese toastie very nice it was too.. Maybe invite myself another time. Thanks for the offer though.

Kathy@watten
05-Jan-10, 16:46
Tonight I fancy making a bacon and egg pie with beans and mashed tatties, am sick of Christmas dinners, New Year roast etc, need some normal food.

trix
05-Jan-10, 16:50
Tonight I fancy making a bacon and egg pie with beans and mashed tatties, am sick of Christmas dinners, New Year roast etc, need some normal food.

at sound nice kathy. i made a pan o' soup last nite for enite but now iv remembered that am goin til a manies hoose for ma tea....damn.

weel, ye ken fit they say aboot 2nd day soup ;)

cherokee
05-Jan-10, 20:16
My apologies Cherokee I didn’t make it last night owing to the weather. You lucky people had it all to yourselves yummy hope all enjoyed. I drank the wine with a cheese toastie very nice it was too.. Maybe invite myself another time. Thanks for the offer though.

Sorry to have missed your company last night Mrs Bucket !

My OH had no less than two servings which practically finished off the lot !!

Glad you enjoyed your wine and cheese toastie though - Yep, there'll always be another time, eh....always welcome in oor hoosie !! ? :)

elastic band
06-Jan-10, 03:12
well for us Mrs Mo made beef rogan josh -we had left over roast beef so she just marinaded the beef in her curry sauce for couple of hours then cooked it on very low heat for an hour or so and it was fantastic. might just go and see if there's any left.