PDA

View Full Version : mobile broadband???

kgs
04-Jan-10, 14:23
Cannot get broadband from BT no matter how hard we try. Stuck with dial up which is just rubbish. Have been told should try mobile broadband but have also been told that some networks are better than others. I have checked out who provides it up here but just wanted any recommendations as we are out of town near Bower so I know reception can vary. Any advice?

Hoida
04-Jan-10, 15:39
Have you tried Plus net? we have been with them a couple of years now and have no complaints.

emszxr
04-Jan-10, 20:31
are you not entitled to an out of reach service. we cant get it with bt either. we now have a satelite service with avanti that the government organised for out of reach areas.

Bobinovich
05-Jan-10, 01:39
IIRC the problem with Bower is that the exchange is full to capacity. I'd suggest contacting Jamie Stone and/or John Thurso and pushing them to get the exchange upgraded as I understand there's a few of people in the same boat.

It might even be worthwhile doing a letter to the Groat first asking others in the same predicament to get in touch with you and/or getting a petition together to add weight to your cause.

maidenmania
06-Jan-10, 00:55
Cannot get broadband from BT no matter how hard we try. Stuck with dial up which is just rubbish. Have been told should try mobile broadband but have also been told that some networks are better than others. I have checked out who provides it up here but just wanted any recommendations as we are out of town near Bower so I know reception can vary. Any advice?

Didnt think there was 3g coverage in caithness, my 3 mobile broadband certainly doesnt get it only gprs which is a waste of time. Even in england rural parts have no coverage and many urban areas have poor coverage. Is useful when on the move (which i use it for) but not as an alternative to adsl