PDA

View Full Version : Kickboxing

kitnrud
04-Jan-10, 14:04
Hi does anyone know if there are still kickboxing classes in Thurso/Wick?

A_Usher
04-Jan-10, 14:10
I am not sure, i run then down in Dunbeath, along with MMA and conditioning.
I am planning on a class in Wick or Thurso late Jan or early Feb.

Andrew.

flash
04-Jan-10, 14:32
Would be good if you did start a class in Thurso, I went to your Dunbeath sessions a few times last year and realy enjoyed them

A_Usher
04-Jan-10, 14:45
I recall you Flash :)

The class has now been broken down into more elements, and the fitness side has been altered to include preventative training methods such as myofascial work, cardio based assessment, using Polar Team2 hardware, etc, along with smaller progressive chunks of boxing, kicking ranges, movement, biomechanics etc, and we also have the option of one to one, diet and nutrition and personal training.

Would be good to see you back. Ill keep you posted on venue and dates for Thurso and Wick.

Ill be putting up a new website soon.

flash
04-Jan-10, 16:29
An old injury came back, not as a result of your class I hasten to add, its a lot better now, but I've fallen back into lazy ways, time to pull my finger out I think

weeannie
04-Jan-10, 20:08
Hi...I was running the Thurso kick boxing club but am currently on maternity leave until March...it got way too hard to teach after 6 months pregnant!:~(

A_Usher
04-Jan-10, 20:22
An old injury came back, not as a result of your class I hasten to add, its a lot better now, but I've fallen back into lazy ways, time to pull my finger out I think

Well, your more than welcome to pop on back down. Ill be putting together the months lesson plan in the next few days, and if you want ill email it over to you, give you an idea of what we are covering.

The Kickboxing class follows generally the following structure:

Myofascial work
Stretching
Mobility and Activation / Warm Up

---- Above is standard, be it Kickboxing, BJJ etc-----

---- Followed by ---

Plyometrics or Specific Area Work
Technical Discussion, practice and performance
Pad Work - Dependent on range etc (eg :3 - 3 minute rounds / 30 second recovery)
Progressive Sparring - Dependent on level and ability (in which case you may not spar)
Cool Down

Ill be adding in a extra class for a few of the guys who are wanting to semi professionally fight this year, and those will be invite only and will focus around sparring, control, conditioning, nutrition and for those doing MMA fights, clinch and groundwork.

We also have conditioning classes planned for this year, which will be either a bodyweight session / Kettlebells or resistance bands, or predetermined gym sessions.

All the MMA / Kickboxing classes are now limited to a maximum of 10 people, as it allows everyone to wear one of the Polar Team2 Heart Rate Monitors, which allows us to coordinate your cardiovascular function, examine relax and recovery rates, and allow us to send to you via email an individualised report with all your heart rate data, to allow you to see how hard or little you worked in a session, along with progression.

In some ways its a much easier class than you last attended flash, in so much as the fitness is coordinated around specific needs, and harder going in other areas, such as cardio development, VO2max based work etc.

A.

the_big_mac
05-Jan-10, 00:26
Well, your more than welcome to pop on back down. Ill be putting together the months lesson plan in the next few days, and if you want ill email it over to you, give you an idea of what we are covering.

The Kickboxing class follows generally the following structure:

Myofascial work
Stretching
Mobility and Activation / Warm Up

---- Above is standard, be it Kickboxing, BJJ etc-----

---- Followed by ---

Plyometrics or Specific Area Work
Technical Discussion, practice and performance
Pad Work - Dependent on range etc (eg :3 - 3 minute rounds / 30 second recovery)
Progressive Sparring - Dependent on level and ability (in which case you may not spar)
Cool Down

Ill be adding in a extra class for a few of the guys who are wanting to semi professionally fight this year, and those will be invite only and will focus around sparring, control, conditioning, nutrition and for those doing MMA fights, clinch and groundwork.

We also have conditioning classes planned for this year, which will be either a bodyweight session / Kettlebells or resistance bands, or predetermined gym sessions.

All the MMA / Kickboxing classes are now limited to a maximum of 10 people, as it allows everyone to wear one of the Polar Team2 Heart Rate Monitors, which allows us to coordinate your cardiovascular function, examine relax and recovery rates, and allow us to send to you via email an individualised report with all your heart rate data, to allow you to see how hard or little you worked in a session, along with progression.

In some ways its a much easier class than you last attended flash, in so much as the fitness is coordinated around specific needs, and harder going in other areas, such as cardio development, VO2max based work etc.

A.

For what is worth Flash, you can take my word for it. You wont believe the results the heart rate moniters give you!