PDA

View Full Version : Help problem kitty

suz
04-Jan-10, 12:12
I have 3 lovely kittens, but one of them will not use his litter tray and poos and wees all over the place I have tried everything from changing cat litter, buying extra litter trays and putting surgical spirit down on the places he has pooed but he just finds another spot in the house to do his business. I have a little child in the house and I am worried about the health and hygiene implictions of this. Can anybody help or would like to give this kitten a new home?? He is very affectionate good with other cats.

teenybash
04-Jan-10, 21:14
Have you tried changing the type of litter............You could also try putting some litter over the area the kit has wee'd on and once it has soaked up the urine put it into the litter tray. Show the kitten the tray and hopefully once it smells it's scent will go back to it...you could also put some of its poo in aswell. If you can time when the kitty needs the loo and pop it in the litter tray giving lots of encouragement and praise....... You could even try spraying the litter with cat mint which cats love.....good luck:)

Liz
04-Jan-10, 23:26
There are some tips here which might help some of which the very wise Teenybash has mentioned already.

http://www.ktpetsupply.com/weeklywoof/litter-box-training-for-your-new-kitten

I am sure with patience you will get there.

It is imperative that you remove the smell of urine where your kitten has already been otherwise he will keep going back there. You get proprietory brands for this or you can make a solution using biological washing powder and then follow this up by wiping with surgical spirit.

A product which I swear by is Feliway and you get this is in a diffuser which you just plug into the wall. The cheapest place I have found it is www.vetuk.co.uk It does help with toileting problems.

Good luck!

suz
06-Jan-10, 18:38
Thanks for the advice but hey the little minx has started using his litter tray - perhaps just a slow strarter heh? Where do i get cat mint?