PDA

View Full Version : how did you chose your orger name?

annemarie482
04-Jan-10, 11:38
there are some quite odd one's out there
and some like me..... too blooming honest!

how did you chose yours?

Angela
04-Jan-10, 11:41
I'm like you -mine is my real name. :)

Simples! ;)

floyed
04-Jan-10, 11:46
Mine is after Pink Floyd, tho have spelt it slightly different Floyed.

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 11:47
Its my name :Razz

But if i knew that so many people on here was gonna know me then i would not have put it as my name to be honest. :confused

thirsaloon
04-Jan-10, 11:54
A loon from Thirsa............simples!!!

Or Thurso if you want to be posh! :lol:

bettedaviseyes
04-Jan-10, 12:01
i picked mine from 1981 song kim carnes:bette davis eyes :lol: plus bette davis was a great actress.

upolian
04-Jan-10, 12:04
i used to do some car spraying,UPOL is a brand of paint

couldnt think of a username so came up with upolian

poppett
04-Jan-10, 12:04
My nickname, plus I like mint chocolates.

tonkatojo
04-Jan-10, 12:28
Dogs pet names is mine,I couldn't put his other ones LOL. ;)

Nibbler
04-Jan-10, 12:29
I got mine through my eating habits - Nibbler by name, nibbler by nature.

Saying that though, nowadays it should be Gannet!!!! :lol:

rs 2k
04-Jan-10, 12:40
Mine is rs 2k coz hubby is rs 2000 mad

He has 3 mk2's and 2 mk6's [lol]

Hoida
04-Jan-10, 12:48
My nephew who is profoundly handicapped and loved people singing to him and I used to sing songs from my guiding days and he loved one called 'hoida hoida' etc and completely out of the blue he started saying Hoida whenever I saw him. The name has stuck with his sisters as well. My right name is Margaret :lol:

northener
04-Jan-10, 14:13
I spelt mine wrong:confused

porshiepoo
04-Jan-10, 14:16
Mine is actually the pet name of my very first Great Dane. Her name was actually Porsha but I always called her Porshiepoo - so there you have it.

Mind you if it hadn't have been Porshiepoo it would have been the pet name of Bailey (my avatar) which would have ended up Baileywaileywoowoo :eek:
Guess Porshiepoo is slightly better.

riggerboy
04-Jan-10, 15:20
i got mine cause i`m a brickie lol

David Banks
04-Jan-10, 15:28
Since I now live the other side of the Atlantic, I used my real name in the hope that I may come across some owld kent faces.
So far, so good!

redeyedtreefrog
04-Jan-10, 15:37
I spelt mine wrong:confused

I never noticed that :lol:

Mine is just some random amphibian that came into my head for no particular reason.

weegie
04-Jan-10, 15:43
quite simply because im a weegie !

northener
04-Jan-10, 16:01
I'm like you -mine is my real name. :)

Simples! ;)

Wot..Angela or Simples is your real name?:eek:

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 16:03
cos you canna see me

trix
04-Jan-10, 17:54
tricky by name....tricky by nature ;)

seemed appropriate at 'e time!!

oldchemist
04-Jan-10, 18:02
because it's what I am.

joxville
04-Jan-10, 18:02
Mine comes from the Joxvilania comet which orbits the star Parcl-lub in the Andromeda Galaxy. :)

Vistravi
04-Jan-10, 18:06
I didn't get a say my partner made the account for us and he choose the name. It's his alias. Now i don't know what i'd have it as :lol:

Vistravi
04-Jan-10, 18:07
Mine comes from the Joxvilania comet which orbits the star Parcl-lub in the Andromeda Galaxy. :)

So basically you made it up? ;):cool:

bingo1
04-Jan-10, 18:24
My gran loved bingo we used to call her the bingo queen so bingo1 just came to mind when i made the account.:)

achingale
04-Jan-10, 20:22
Boringly obvious I am afraid. ;)

XxRUGBYMADxX
04-Jan-10, 20:44
havent played rugby for long but my first night i loved it and now i am rugbymad!!!!:lol:

Bazeye
04-Jan-10, 21:28
The area i live in Barrow is Barrow Island. Everybody calls it Baz eye.

Scohn
04-Jan-10, 22:30
Mine was a nickname from school (can't remember where it came from) plus the spelling is close to my 1st name.

Well that's my first post.:D

Venture
04-Jan-10, 23:16
Mine was a nickname from school (can't remember where it came from) plus the spelling is close to my 1st name.

Well that's my first post.:D

Welcome to the org Scohn. Happy posting.;)

trix
04-Jan-10, 23:38
venture - so when i seen yer name i thot, "yeah, now il find oot why she called hersel 'at" - iv always wanted til know [lol]

purplelady
04-Jan-10, 23:42
Mine is my fave colour and I am a lady of cause lol xxxxx

Invisible
04-Jan-10, 23:48
Mine is my fave colour and I am a lady of cause lol xxxxx

simples if i went down the same route there would be some controversy. my fave colour is black and I'm a male :lol:

miranda
04-Jan-10, 23:49
one of my mannies i looked after insisted that was my name!! it is close to ma real name but not quite!! but it has stuck and now i get called it from a few folks:lol:

trix
04-Jan-10, 23:52
one of my mannies i looked after insisted that was my name!! it is close to ma real name but not quite!! but it has stuck and now i get called it from a few folks:lol:

i da think 'ats kwite rite miranda....no no, i remember it well, it wis 'e same person that called lydia.....lydia!

if we called ye what 'e mannie called ye it wid o' bin matilda, or mezmerelda.

i think ye suit cruella masel :Razz:Razz

William
04-Jan-10, 23:57
Mines just my name too! must have been lazy the day i joined.... much like every day for me.

miranda
04-Jan-10, 23:58
no no my friend ..was def a wee owld friend of ours who used to shout "Miranda" doon eh corrider .
will tell yah his name in eh morn ;)

trix
05-Jan-10, 00:00
will tell yah his name in eh morn ;)

at's if ye see me...da leave it too late before fonin [lol]

miranda
05-Jan-10, 00:08
at's if ye see me...da leave it too late before fonin [lol]

nope wont be late...i am up at 7.15am will let u know asap from then :lol:

Venture
05-Jan-10, 00:26
venture - so when i seen yer name i thot, "yeah, now il find oot why she called hersel 'at" - iv always wanted til know [lol]

Nothing exciting about it trix. I was registering with the org and hadn't thought up a name beforehand. There was a newspaper beside me with the heading "New venture for......". I took it from there.

To use it's other meaning though, it certainly was, and still is, a "venture into the unknown". ;):lol:

George Brims
05-Jan-10, 00:34
It was sat there staring out at me from my birth certificate.

Tom Cornwall
05-Jan-10, 00:37
mine is my name, because I wouldn't like to hide who I was, when I said anything...when you hide behind a nom-de-plume, it's too easy to say controversal things..

trix
05-Jan-10, 00:42
Nothing exciting about it trix. I was registering with the org and hadn't thought up a name beforehand. There was a newspaper beside me with the heading "New venture for......". I took it from there.

To use it's other meaning though, it certainly was, and still is, a "venture into the unknown". ;):lol:

i thot somethin lek 'at happened.....really i did!!

i often see 'e word "venture" an always think o' ye an wonder if ye choost happen til see 'e word as ye were registerin.

i wis rite - cool name :cool:

Venture
05-Jan-10, 00:45
i thot somethin lek 'at happened.....really i did!!

i often see 'e word "venture" an always think o' ye an wonder if ye choost happen til see 'e word as ye were registerin.

i wis rite - cool name :cool:
There's a bit of a witch about you there trix. A nice one though.;)

Kevin Milkins
05-Jan-10, 00:49
mine is my name, because I wouldn't like to hide who I was, when I said anything...when you hide behind a nom-de-plume, it's too easy to say controversal things..

If you do say anything controversial Tom, it's a long way from Caithness to Norfolk in order to sort out any issues.:eek:;)

crayola
05-Jan-10, 01:00
There's a bit of a witch about you there trix. A nice one though.;)
I stole mine from a tall, dark and handsome rugby player from Kilmarnock but my spell didn't work. :(

Trix must be a better witch than me. :)

trix
05-Jan-10, 01:01
If you do say anything controversial Tom, it's a long way from Caithness to Norfolk in order to sort out any issues.:eek:;)

sometimes 'e name is all ye need kev ;)

oldchemist
05-Jan-10, 17:31
It is what I am.:D

trix
05-Jan-10, 17:34
It is what I am.:D

eh...i think ye already telt us 'at :Razz

either 'at or i hev dejavoo!!

froal
05-Jan-10, 18:15
Mine's our Kennel name ! :)