PDA

View Full Version : nobody is perfect

gee
29-Apr-06, 19:43
you have probably heard this many times but i need to have this little rant. why do people judge others on their appearance, if a person is fat, skinny, coloured, disabled etc people think they have the right to ridicule each other. everyone has flaws but that is life. it would be a boring life if everyone was the same. all my life i have heard ignorant remarks made to me. why? who said what is perfect and what is wrong

newpark
29-Apr-06, 20:08
We are all born with nothing and we will all be buried with nothing, sorry to be morbid how we choose to live our lives in between should be each individuals choice. Wouldn't the world be very boring if we were all the same.

scorrie
29-Apr-06, 21:29
you have probably heard this many times but i need to have this little rant. why do people judge others on their appearance, if a person is fat, skinny, coloured, disabled etc people think they have the right to ridicule each other. everyone has flaws but that is life. it would be a boring life if everyone was the same. all my life i have heard ignorant remarks made to me. why? who said what is perfect and what is wrong

It's just one of those things, probably dates back to the time when the human race was less sophisticated and language skills were poor or non-existent. People seeking potential mates could only really judge by what the other person looked like. In modern life it is just a fact that, usually, the first thing you can judge a person by is the way they look.

I saw a program that explained that the positioning of the features on the human face were in the ratio of the "Divine Proportion" or Golden Ratio which is roughly 1.62:1

This ratio appears in several areas of life.

Give yourself a sore head by checking it out here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

If it is any comfort, people who believe in love at first sight are often still believing the same thing the third or fourth time around ;o)

sassylass
30-Apr-06, 03:49

Couldn't agree more. A book cannot be judged by it's cover.

sam
30-Apr-06, 09:58

Its a sad fact of life, I used to get all sorts of comments when i was younger cos i was a goth.
I also used to take a little girl who was disabled to the swing park and out for walks and it was more so the adults than the children that make remarks and comments, but who was to say that these people making the comments were so perfect????? ( people in glass house's )[disgust]

pultneytooner
30-Apr-06, 10:03
Personaly, I don't care what someone looks like, If they are good people then that is all that matters.

paris
30-Apr-06, 13:53
I get remarkes all the time ie what the hell does she think she looks like ! I wear leather trousers and waistcoat most of the time as im a biker and at 46yrs old do i give a dam...., NO I respect others and want respect back. Who are these people who condem me for the way i am, what right have they got to ridicule me. Im a mum and a grandmum and done my job properly and now its my turn to do and wear as i please. As you can tell it makes me angry why people are so vindictive.

airdlass
30-Apr-06, 13:56
I get remarkes all the time ie what the hell does she think she looks like ! I wear leather trousers and waistcoat most of the time as im a biker and at 46yrs old do i give a dam...., NO I respect others and want respect back. Who are these people who condem me for the way i am, what right have they got to ridicule me. Im a mum and a grandmum and done my job properly and now its my turn to do and wear as i please. As you can tell it makes me angry why people are so vindictive.
I completely agree - it's what's on the inside that counts not how you look

EDDIE
30-Apr-06, 15:06

Its just unfortunatley something that happens through out life.I think people that make nasty comments about other people as you have said are just narrow minded people that lack personality.Its like when your talking to a friend or work mate when you hear them slagging of another person you can be sure that there slagging you off when your not there thats just way life is the most important thing is you have to learn to stop worrying what other people think of you because its them that have the problem not you.
And the way i see it if someone is speaking about me it gives some else a break.