PDA

View Full Version : Taking the decoration down?

sweetpea
04-Jan-10, 02:33
Isn't it bare when all the decorations are gone? I'm dismantling the place and it feels sad.

Julia
04-Jan-10, 02:56
Mine are all down, it feels great! ;)

sweetpea
04-Jan-10, 02:57
It does feel good but my wallpaper feels shabby:eek:

rs 2k
04-Jan-10, 03:28
Still got mine up

Will take them down tues when hubby goes back to work

And i can't wait, just to get back to normal :)

changilass
04-Jan-10, 03:37
Tip for next year:-

When putting up christmas decs, take down some ornaments and pics from the wall and put them in the decs boxes, then when you take decs down you put the pics back and it don't look so bare.

sweetpea
04-Jan-10, 03:52
That's a good tip. I'll try that. Everything needs a good dust, lol:eek:
Want to get the tree out the door but it's a bit late at night to do that.

brandy
04-Jan-10, 05:27
tree is down.. will take down rest of inside stuff tomorrow.. but leaving the outside lights untill the ground is ice free!

floyed
04-Jan-10, 11:01
Tip for next year:-

When putting up christmas decs, take down some ornaments and pics from the wall and put them in the decs boxes, then when you take decs down you put the pics back and it don't look so bare.

I do this, but i take all my ornaments and stuff down except my clock on the mantle piece so just have christmas stuff up. Then after christmas take the whole lot down and put the ornaments and stuff back. Its also good cause i can give the place a good clean when i take the christmas stuff down.

Tom Cornwall
04-Jan-10, 14:59
remember they've all to be down by Wednesday (12th night)

cuddlepop
04-Jan-10, 17:02
remember they've all to be down by Wednesday (12th night)

Which means I'll have to go down to open the shop on Wednesday just to get the decorations down.

Our charity shop is still closed as our volunteers are housebound.:eek:

I didnt even keep our deccis up for newyear this year.Just couldnt be bothered with the clutter.:(

trix
04-Jan-10, 17:28
i kept mine up for 'e new year parties an took them all doon yesterday. am gled til get back til normality, wis getin seik o' lookin at them...

Vistravi
04-Jan-10, 18:03
i kept mine up for 'e new year parties an took them all doon yesterday. am gled til get back til normality, wis getin seik o' lookin at them...

Did you put them up really early trix? ;)

I was bah humbug thus year couldn't be bothered putting any up. Put them up next year though when we have more space.;)

trix
04-Jan-10, 18:19
Did you put them up really early trix? ;)

ma decs an ma tree are all black an cool an witchy lookin so i wanted them up for 'e new moon which fell on 'e 16th.

put them up on 'e 15th so i could perform a festive ritual which included black candles, cinnamin sticks an eh...an ingin.

very festive an got me rite in 'e mood for 'e gien an 'e receivin o' gifts :D

im sure YULE understand :cool:

Lavenderblue2
04-Jan-10, 18:42
Mine are coming down tomorrow. I never put my decco's up until Christmas week, that way I don't get fed up with them.

My tree, a new one from the CLB, is on the landing this year and it looks so pretty, I'll miss it when it's gone. :(

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 18:47
i took mine down yesterday morning. Was sick o the tree bein in the way. My livingroom looks big again :Razz Its amazing how much you miss the space that you think you dont need

porshiepoo
04-Jan-10, 19:47
Gawd, I was counting the days to take em down. I took ours down on the 2nd. The place looks so much bigger. :)

Actually I didn't even want to put them up really, so much hassle and time spent doing it - couldn't be bothered.
And has anyone noticed how the whole family are happy and over eager to help put the darn things up - so much so that the place ends up looking like a Bangladeshi Taxi. But when it comes to taking them down you suddenly have a very peaceful house.

achingale
05-Jan-10, 16:23
I took ours down on the 2nd too. Nice to get the house back to normal. Only 11 months until we do it all again so I can look forward to that. ;)